Masters Running

Monday Morning Turkey Trots (Read 426 times)

dg.

I thought the same thing at first (well, that he was talking to dg), but then I read it through again and the usually dimly lit light bulb went on.

oh, phew. ;-).   

thanks Tammy!  they look chewy.  and chock-full of iron.  Wink.    I'll try them.   . 

evryday,  funny.   

Nancy, best of luck tomorrow.  What other questions did you come up with?  Ask whatever is closest to your heart.

Erika, how's your tooth?

Hey, the Hadron collider is back in action!   Cool!

Francesca, 2 marathons?       

evanflein

Deb, chipped a chunk of tooth off the inside, right next to the old onlay that's been there for almost 20 years. Onlay still stuck in there, that's the sharp edge I was feeling. Will need to get it crowned, but living with a temp for now. Rats.

Those cookies look yummy. I don't bake anymore. I used to bake a lot, but then realized I was the only one eating the stuff. Probably could do it again now that my boys are older and seem to polish stuff off pretty well, but now I'm out of the baking "mode."

SteveP

Wow Sue...Too kewl.

Boy Howdy!!! Craneium and Gordon posting on the same day!!!

Yeah Holly!!!! A's are tooo Sweeet!! I'm willing to bet that no one here is surprised.

I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a local state agency. At this point I really don't know if I want to expand my consulting business or if I want to take another full time job around here. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Anyway in your opinion, what are the questions I should be asking of them during the interview?

Simply ask yourself, "What would SteveP say in this situation?"....Then say something different.

(((((Erika's Tooth)))))

Tell Saddie that Tag wants to race with her.

4 dark miles with Tag tonight. The poor guy got freaked out by a paper bag. He does not get that from my side.

SteveP

Nice to see you posting as well SteveP   Smile
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          evanflein

40 minutes of pool running tonight with the kids from the swim team practicing butterfly in the next lane. Splash-splash-splash!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

mariposai - I can’t imagine anything good at all about a purely local job for you. 

In particular this one sounds too local and scribnerial to be worthy of your talents and probably has little support or interest in your running, . . . I mean, impressive statewide and national presentations, achievements, and contacts to say nothing of your various memberships and honors <<<(galas/galas)>>>, etc. so, unless some extra guaranteed salaried income is needed for entry fees, travel, garmic gadgetry, etc. . . . I mean having two sons in college, I hope you can stick with your contract work until something really worthy is available.  Sorry.

ps - are employees allowed to apply for the better job postings too?

erika - isn't there any frozen water up there yet?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

ahhhhh tetsujin...thanks for speaking to the heart. You are a tapering gem for sure.

erika, I like butterfly style swimming

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Holly, I got 2 facebook notifications from you today that I didn't feel very comfortable about....thank you very much for posting what you did today, and I am off to delete them (they simply didn't sound like you at all!)----Boy, my quads are SUPER SORE, but managed 3 easy miles tonight at 10:05 pace....felt good after about a 1/2 mile. Wow, all the Christmas lights that are up....that is one of the reasons I like running at night time.------Off to beddie bye, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!