Masters Running

Javelina Jundred RR (very, very long...but with photos!) (Read 832 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Thanks for bumping this, Perky!

Ex runner

Perky

Perky

Thanks for bumping this, Perky!

I had to.  My time is right around the corner.  It is my first 100 and I'm working really hard to prepare. Reading other experiences helps so much.  I appreciate all the time and effort that went in to logging them.

#artbydmcbride

Holy Cow those are some great photos!  (and scary feetses!!) 

Good luck, Perky!. 

Runners run

Perky

Perky

2012 JJ100 done!  I'm no longer a virgin.  I waved and cheered my way through most of it. 

I am so glad I read this before I went out there!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I had a jacket & gloves going out to Jackass on loop 6 in preparation for the cold breeze.  AWESOME.  I passed a lady on that long sandy uphill who almost couldn't walk because she was so cold.  I gave her my jacket because I was warm enough and I packed another one in my drop bag.

I was actually feeling very good until mile 90 when I realized I would have to do that long rocky uphill again.  Then I lost my sense of humor.  I started bawling uncontrollably when that cheap plastic glow-in-the-dark "last lap" necklace was put around my neck.  It was the fact that I had NO CHOICE but to go out there and finish the darn thing that just crushed me. 

I felt so sorry for my pacer because she was leading two empty shells of humans around 9 miles of torture.  I couldn't run, only walk fast and my running partner could only run in short spurts then shuffle. 

I'm so glad it is over and I'm not dead.  YEAH!!  Oh, and the lady I lent my jacket to also finished.  That was even more wonderful. 

I'll be doing Arkansas Traveler 2013 for my next 100.  Any suggestions?

Mariposai

2012 JJ100 done!  I'm no longer a virgin.  I waved and cheered my way through most of it. 

I am so glad I read this before I went out there!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I'm so glad it is over and I'm not dead.  YEAH!!  Oh, and the lady I lent my jacket to also finished.  That was even more wonderful. 

I'll be doing Arkansas Traveler 2013 for my next 100.  Any suggestions?

Perky, our ultraDove is our hero. We are glad to see that her posting helped you in the process.

Good luck with your next 100 miles. Just typing that makes me tired!!!

Go Perky, go!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

New skirt in town

Man, that was FUN to re-read!!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Great job, Perky!  Hope you give us your own full blown race report.

That WAS fun to re-read, but at first I kept thinking - wait.  Dove's run this before.  I don't understand this report.  When I got a picture I remembered and I went back to the top to look at the date of the original post.  Ha! 

I keep looking at this race, Dove.  Keep looking . . . . . . .

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance