Masters Running

Wednesday, June 23rd Daily (Read 554 times)

lamerunner

Good afternoon! Did someone stay "stay home Friday?"  Sounds good to me.  I had an early meeting at work and did not get up early enough, so I called it an Xtraining day and did a thrilling 65 minutes on the elliptical, plus some arm weights. 9.8 miles, plenty of sweat!

Looks like a lot of good runds; wannabe, that is a speedy 15.  erika, your photo is very cool. Hard to believe it was 10:45 or so.

I have never tried Newtons, but i ama bit of a toe/mid-foot striker anyway so I don't know that they would do much for me.

Soccer fans!  Soccer comes to Fenway!

Fenway Football Challenge

Is Carolyn in Scotland because she has some Scottish roots?  B/c this could be a wildchild-Mariposai event!

Masters 2000 miles
      jtv

Hopeful - I hope you saved some walleye for the rest of us.  That's one thing I miss about MI.  I can catch them off my Dad's dock.  Can't wait for the family reunion there later this summer.

Wannabe - nice long run!

Just finished 6 miles in Federal Way, WA.  Nice rolling hills.  Something I don't get at the Jersey Shore.  Beautiful view out my hotel window at Mt Rainer.   LOONNGG Day today.  Worked the day shift, off for a few hours then back in tonight until around 5am.  Hope to meet up with Tet and possibly Divechief Fri.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.  Time for a quick nap!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Amy--travel and work day today.  Just got back from dinner, which was mostly a boatload of buffalo wings and a couple of beers.  That's normal taper food, right?  But, boy they were good.    Seeing as the car thermometer said 98º when we got in after work and then moved directly into thunderstorms, I don't think I'll be doing much outside tonihgt,

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

miss you guys!!  dont even have time right now to read what i've missed.......worked my 40 hours in 3 nights and going away on a spiritual retreat in the morning for people affected and/or infected with HIV/AIDS........hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend and i will try to catch up sunday evening!! 

denise

Posting late here, or early tomorrow, ....gah ....being on the other side of the world makes reporting problematic. 

Ok...ran 9 miles on the treadmil O Death.  Was too scared to run outside.  The wind picked up and the 117 degree heat mixed with that pancake batter dust in the air made running outside suicidal.   As far as runs go it was enjoyable nice smooth pace.  Nothing exceptional, but not a bad run.  Legs felt good, breathing was easy and I ran at a decent 8:03 pace.  .... 

No complaints no worries. 

Hope you all have a good run tomorrwo..today....

evanflein

Diverdoc, I'd run inside, too! Or head to the (indoor) pool.

I did get out for a run after work, and no thunderstorms to be found. Yay! 10.1 miles @ 8:08 avg pace (8:20's on the uphill and just under 8's on the downhills), rolling hills, 78°F and only 22% humidity. Yikes. I felt pretty parched at mile 8 where I did stop and drink some water from the outdoor faucet at my parents' house. Two more miles and I was more than done.

Today was my dad's 83rd birthday. He fell down the stairs at church on Sunday and is feeling pretty banged up and sore. But he and mom went out for dinner, that's why they weren't home when I was there. Hope he's feeling better soon.

We've got another wildfire (or two) growing just a few miles south of here. With this dry weather, it'll grow pretty fast I bet. Another reason to run a little longer than I'd first planned tonight... not sure how the conditions will be tomorrow!