Masters Running

Thursday 1/19 Where's Jay?? (Read 39 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yeah, we need Jay.  It's hard keeping track of all the new old people--bad enough with just the regulars.   Can't imagine what it might be like if even a portion of Tet's list came back.  Some fond memories there!

How about G(rumpy) O(ld) P(eople) S(yndrome) for some gender equality (neutrality?)?

Heel spurs?

Speaking of acronyms, as suggested, that might be PCSS (post cougar stress syndrome), Enke.

I got in my normal 3.1 lake miles this morning before heading off to deliver DW's iced coffee at the hospital.  We had rain all day and as the very end, it must have changed to snow for a short time.  there was not even a complete layer--just fluff that appeared to have stuck to the wet raods and walks.  It looked like it should have been slippery, but it wasn't.  until it was and there appeared to be no way of actually knowing.  I had a couple of skids and saw evidence of a few that had come before me.  But no impact sites, so that was a good thing.

Ford test track doesn't sound like something just anyone could go run on?  but a mile track seems like it would not be as boring as the standard 1/4 mile.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

pfriese

Quite a few handles from the past, another coolrunning name would be ajhjc (aka AJ). She had a great weekly thread for those who ran under 40 miles a week. Today for me, 8.4 mile tempo run around the city reservoir.

Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Find it hard to keep up here.

No worries - fly by posts are absolutely welcome.  Just happy to see you pop in. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps - nice ketchup!!

Enke - I am going to be totally spooked next time I sit out in our hot tub alone, but don't think we have cougars around here -- coyote and deer but no cougars (I think)

No running here -- it was too icy at 5:30 and 6:15am when my 2 Thursday morning run groups head out and I don't think my vertigo would have handled the treadmill or elliptical very well.  It did warm up and brighten up before noon, but by then I am deep into my Thursday routine of church, prayer group and grandbabies. Working the next 3 days in a row all 12's so not sure if I will try to squeeze in a run or just lay low and see if this vertigo subsides!!

Did a fun project with Maria today - a friend of mine organizes a Valentine Card Project for a bunch of local nursing homes. She hands out the card stock to whoever offers to make cards, then she organizes a group to help stuff the envelopes and deliver the cards. So Maria and I made a dozen cards today with stickers, hearts and glued on boxed valentines. I didn't think she would understand the concept of a nursing home (she'll be 4 in March) so I told her we were making the cards for some sick people in the hospital - she grabbed right on to that!! Adorable!!

denise

flats

turtle runner eximious

6 TM miles for me. I am sloooowly getting my groove back.

Michael

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 6 more miles, tonight.  If yesterday's workout was today's workout, I would not have made it though it.  I had nothing.  But I was running.

Today is Debbie's birthday but she had to go to a daycare meeting so we'll celebrate it this Saturday...she loves dragging it out for as long as she can.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

C-R

Bah humbug.

That's all I got today.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Hi spinach

Hi Hally,

Hi you all 

7 miles for my butterfly wings. Looking forward to a longer run tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

spacityrunner

Bah humbug.

That's all I got today.

Me to...

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

3.2 mi at the track . that's all I got today too 

Tammy

evanflein

Ha, well I got a haircut today that was long overdue, so there is that! Sorry to hear about the bah humbugs out there. Cheer up! Spring is just around the corner! And if an Alaskan can press that message, hey, you guys can get on board! Big grin

I did get my interval run done yesterday. 8.5 miles total with 5 x .5 mile repeats @ 7:48. I think I need to really slow down the recovery intervals so I can get through this workout without stopping after every repeat. But geez, even though it's cold in the garage and it takes a couple miles for my hands to warm up, I get pretty hot, sweaty and thirsty doing these faster paces.

Today was 5.3 miles at various paces, just trying to get through it. Last run outside was Saturday the 14th. That was only 5 days ago but it feels like much longer.

SteveP

Jlynne, I'm sorry to hear about your heel.

Tramps & Holly, It's had to imagine identity theft. How low can people go?

Enke, as often as I go out of my way to get a glimpse of wildlife, I don't think I'd care for your encounter. I'd be cleaning bodily waste out of the tub for sure.How can that dinner not be fun? With Ringling Brothers Circus closing down, I wonder how I'd explain to my parents that my career was dead and I had student loans from clown school to pay off?

Deez, I love Maria.

Happy 6 Flats.

All this talk of cougars is giving me the urge to finish the book I've been trying to write about older ladies who would like to attract younger men. It's called, "Get Naked and Bring Beer". My other one, "How to be a Creepy Old Guy" didn't do so well.

I was asked to go out on a service call this morning. I had to show some one how to add parts and make adjustments to doors after they've been installed. My most immediate supervisor was there. He thanked me and said he had never done that before. Well.....neither had I. On the way out, I told one of the guy on the construction crew that he was in charge until I got back.I'm not going back.

SteveP