Masters Running

my bad (Read 166 times)

Manchild

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks for starting us out, Chris. No run today, just some ab/core work. Our realtor brought over the inspection results last night. We apparently have radon. That’s $1,000 to mitigate. Plus they want us to put on a new roof ($2,200), a new electrical box ($1,600), and a new furnace, preferably a high efficiency unit ($?). Sad (sigh) (…banging her head on table….) I’ll be sooooo glad when all this is done.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

5 carpy miles on the treadmill this morning. Up all night with a bad stomach and thought I could work through it with a run - not the best idea I've ever had. Holly - that's too bad about the inspection. It sounds like you priced your home fairly and the buyers knew that there were going to be things that needed fixing. How about offering like a $5,000 reduction on the cost, then have the buyers get these things fixed themselves? That seems to be the problem right now. Because it's a buyer's market, people assume they can make unreasonable demands or lowball offers and sellers will jump because they're so eager to sell. Your buyers can't be expecting brand new everything- hang in there girl! Jeanne
        SteveP

Holly, I agree with Jlynne. You want the deal done as do the buyers. I'm sure the radon needs to be fixed before the house can sell. The other items may be negotiable.

SteveP