Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 1.13.14 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

There were some great, entertaining, insightful, and delightful posts and photos yesterday! I wish I had time to respond but, alas, I don't. My "to do" list for today is way too long, and tonight I'm cooking a birthday dinner for DW, so I'll have to be ready for that (maybe I can get Mike to help me cook a pizza...).

Monday is my SRD, and today was no exception. I got up early and distributed DWs birthday cards around the house, and wrapped her gift (not a car, sorry Jlynne) and put that out too. Did a little work, showered, dressed, got the coffee going, and woke DW with probably the worst, most off-key rendition of "Happy Birthday." The only time I ever sing in when I am alone in the car and can crank the volume enough to drown myself out...

Have a greta Monday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Enke, you can look and look and look, and not have any luck, then one day you just bump into somebody and "Poof!", that's the one. Focus on the job thing; you'll be okay.  My BIL is a bachelor, has always lamented not finding the right one.  Well, he lives in Vestal, NY. Who the hell lives in Vestal, NY?  Good luck on that.

I hate to keep going on and on about this cold. It's gone and has been gone for a week now, but it sure has left me feeling fatigued.  8 yesterday very slow and today just 3.5.  I feel like someone is feeding me tired pills.

Tomorrow I go into the hospital for a biopsy.  When this was scheduled before Christmas, I never gave it a thought, but for the last few days it's really been on my mind.  I'm going to run early tomorrow morning, but I am not allowed to run on Wednesday as there will likely be some bleeding and the dr. doesn't want to stress it.

Sorry for being a downer today. The only bright spot is going back and re-reading Mike's pizza experience.  Hey, I made lamb vindaloo yesterday and oh was it good.  My son went crazy for it. A bit spicy, JTWILI.

Spareribs

Dave59

Ribs - I hope your stuff at the hospital goes good this week.

I woke up in the middle of the night - thirsty, dry mouth and throat, and upset stomach.  I eventually went back to sleep and feel a little better this morning but I am dragging.

I hopped on the treadmill but I just couldn't push myself mentally or physically and so I stopped at 3.6 miles out of a planned 5-6 mile run.

Since I just made flight reservations for the Tallahassee half marathon getting sick or injured should be expected.  Eventually I will learn my lesson on making plans for races that involve travel and early sign-up.  I only finish the training and make the race 50% of the time.

TammyinGP

Good luck on those tests Ribs. Let us know how it all goes.

Wasn't around much this wknd, so didn't skim the dailies.

and I don't have much to contribute today. sorry.

just wanted to pop in and say hi though.

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

Here's a fun thing from my son's show Saturday night. He created a pattern on his computer and bought 25 yards of white cotton.  Then he sent the fabric and the pattern to a screen printer.  When it came back, he and the Saint used some of the material to make a man's dress shirt. I was blown away that they can do stuff like this. Here is the shirt:

Looks like a nice pattern, doesn't it?  But take a closer look at it:

To take from a quote by Fitzgerald, artists are different from you and me.  Spareribs

[[[[[[[RIBBS ]]]]]]

...one of my buddys

JC Kelley

,Tennessee Masters Division,

just won his AG with a 1:04 trailrun,,,,,,,,,4-days later he had a B'Day any won the NEXT AG with a 1:08

will post it

when I find the RaceResults page,

appears to 15-k Tennessee Trails Tour 2013

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Ribs, what a work of art!!!

No running here, but will go to the gym for winter wellness and should be able to fit in a few miles tonight.

Lovely 64F here today. I am starting to be concerned about t his warm weather we are having. Mother earth needs to sleep a while longer so we can have a good spring and summer.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

My BIL is a bachelor, has always lamented not finding the right one.  Well, he lives in Vestal, NY.

I thought Vestal only had virgins.  That might be the problem right there.

Ribs, that shirt's hilarious; love it.  When I first graduated from college I lived in NYC and had a lot of contacts with parts of the art community through my work.  One day I went to a fundraiser where minimalist artist Carl Andre had donated a piece that--if I recall correctly--was selling for $25,000 (in the mid-80s mind you).  The piece was eight bricks stacked up, part of a long-standing series of bricks pieces, I later learned. I believe this is the same piece:

Another year, I heard (though I didn't actually see this one) either Andre or Don Judd--can't remember which--donated a piece that was a string tied to a nail pounded into the ceiling and to another nail pounded into the floor.  On both of these, the price included installation at your site of choice.  Who says artists don't have a sense of humor.

More seriously, I hope the biopsy thing goes smoothly and you get good news.

Mike--I laughed at your pizza story.  You're giving men a bad rap.

Dave--feel better.

Hi Tammy.

TW--that's awesome for your friend!

Sluggish EZ 5 this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wasn't around much this wknd, so didn't skim the dailies.

and I don't have much to contribute today. sorry.

just wanted to pop in and say hi though.

No problem – happy to see you!

Ribs – good luck with the test. You made me laugh with the shirt – the Saint is so talented! (your son, too, of course)

Dave – still time yet to feel better.

Tramps –

No run for me today, just 30 minutes or so of upper body weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dang, Ribs.  The Saint is one talented seamstress!  I have an aunt who can sew like that.  I didn't inherit the gene.  Good luck with your biopsy, and you never have to apologize for how you're feeling - mentally or physically.  If what you got is the carp that's going around in this part of the country, it's been knocking people out for up to three weeks.  So hang in there.  You'll be feeling better soon.

I haven't been around much, and realized just how "not much" until I popped into the Predawn group and saw it had been almost two weeks.  My new position is keeping me really busy, and by the time I get home, I just don't feel like getting on the computer.  But I'll try to do better.

Still running.  Last week had my highest mileage week since early October.  I can feel my endurance slowly building back up.

I listen to a podcast called "Trail Runner Nation."  Love those guys.  They've been talking about an endurance drink mix called Trailwind Nutrition.  I ordered the starter packet today to give it a go.  Suppose to have all the calories you need without having to ingest solid foods, which is what gets to me during ultras- I very quickly get to a point where I have to really force myself to eat.  I'm gonna give this stuff a try and see how the ole tummy takes to it.

Well, that's about it.  Nothing too exciting we.  We desperately need rain in our part of the country.  A couple of neighboring counties have already started water rationing, so if you have any extra "whatever," send it our way.

Night all ~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Good luck Ribs.

SteveP

NHLA

Rest day.  Good luck with the test ribs.  A friend of mine's son won a trail 100k thru the mts.!!

tramps went to an art show that was here from NY.  There was a plywood box shaped like an X.  Someone who worked there had a wrench out about to take apart this priceless work of modern art when someone stopped him.

Move along nothing to see here.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/