Masters Running

Thurs. Dec. 31 - Say goodbye to 2009 runs, rests and goals achieved? (Read 455 times)

TammyinGP

My dad loves the Stooges also . . . I'm thinking it's a guy thing because I don't get it either.

Happy 32nd anniversary Mike. I didn't realize that Sue was like 10 yrs old when you guys married?

nothing for me today. I was off work, my son had  a friend over all day and this rain just never let up at all. It's been a constant downpour all day. So, I wrapped up my year with 987.2 miles.

We are leaving for a friends house shortly. They are having a few people over for potluck dinner and a game night. I'm sure we won't stay til midnight though. I'm going to my club's Resolution Run in the morning with breakfast afterwards and Runner's of the Year. I came in 2nd in my AG, so will get a trophy for that.  And then tomorrow is the day I usually like to get my house back in order and all cleaned up. It'll be nice to still have the weekend to enjoy before back to the regular work and back to school routine on Monday.

I hear of so many folks that are very glad to bid goodbye to 2009 and move on. Must have been a pretty bad year for lots of folks. I know it was my worst year - personally. With my running, it was probably my best year though, even if I didn't hit 1000 mles like I wanted to. I still did well in the races that I did run and most importantly, no injuries.

Have fun and be safe everyone!

Tammy

Aamos - Thanks for the offer, but nobody would want me as their pacer for a run like that.

The Stooges - Yep, gotta be a guy thing.  For you Stooges nuts, there's a marathon on AMC tonight.  . . . . yea . . .

And OMG!!   So there I am.  Cruising the crakcer/cookie aisle at Winco, looking for anything that might be appealing for my long trails runs, when what before my eyes do I see?!?  TIM TAMS!!!!  No freaking way!!!  The Cookie of all Cookies.  The God of Cookies. Formerly only available in Australia - here they were.  Brought to me by Pepperidge Farms! . . . . . I bought two packages and had one open before I even started the car.  And yes, they are just as good as I remember them being when we were Down Under.

Twocat - Did you and your DW try these tasty treats??  All I can say about them is, oh . . . my.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Count me in as one who will be glad to see 2009 end. I almost got divorced twice, we almost declared bankruptcy, and we put my dear sweet dog to sleep in September. And I DNF'd my first race with sciatica, and lost a lot of good running days to my foot/ankle problem. So yes, I'm ready to bid this year good bye and good riddance.

I hope Twocat has a good year ahead. Such a naturally talented runner shouldn't be sidelined by a stoopid injury nobody can clearly explain. And also Tallrunner. There's a talented runner brought down by a familiar foe and I hope this layoff will be enough to bring you back strong next year.

And my good buddy Perchcreek... Steve I sure hope you're able to run again in 2010, in that strong fashion we're all used to seeing from you. Hey, I need a RP for Boston again so you'd better get back to it, ok??

Awesome annual mileage for Holly, Mariposai and Bruce... you guys have outdone yourselves this year and I give you all ^5's for your accomplishments! (Holly, don't fret, you'll be fine. I like Tet's take on it.... )

Rassmussenmp/Mike, you definitely are a cradle robber. 34 years? How can that be? Give Sue a big hug from me; you guys are the best!

Aamos, I hope you do take Byll or someone up on the offer. And I hope I get to see you again this year. You, my dear, are the real thing and I love you dearly. Rock on, my fren.

Leslie, your joy in running ultras and just keeping going when the going gets tough, regardless of pace, is an inspiration to me. I don't know that I would've considered an ultra without your enthusiasm for the greater-than-marathon distance. You are awesome, don't ever forget that.

I shouldn't highlight any individual, actually, because there's are always people I'll forget, overlook or miss. Breger, WillRunForBeer and Predawnrunner, Spareribs, Tammy, Mary, DG, SteveP, tselbs, Halllar, Jlynne (and those adorable grandbabies!!).... all of you (and those I've missed) are a special part of my running life.

Ok, I've been out of the loop for a couple days. And even when I'm skimming, I'm obviously missing a lot, or at least not keeping it in my feeble head enough to comment. I love all you guys and you all add so much to my days and runs. Thanks for all that. 

I ran 8.26 miles on the treadmill today, a progressive sort of run starting at 8:50, then 8:42, then 8:34, then the next couple at 8:20, then the last mile had 3 x .25 mile @ 7:30 with 8:34 recoveries, finishing up with 8:50 pace cool down. Heart rate never got above 175 on the fast sprints, and stayed below 170 for all the earlier stuff so that's cool. Iced my foot and will take tomorrow off from running. Three days in a row is about what I can do these days, and this past 3-day stretch was harder effort than anything the past month or so.

Happy New Year to all my RA friends! You guys are the best. Tonight we'll go to my SIL's house for fireworks but might not stay for midnight. We might let the kids stay and DH and I will come home for champagne at midnight, then right to bed. I'm sure the kids would like to stay and visit with their cousins for awhile.

Erika - Never doubt how much you inspire us and how much you mean to us.  This is truly a special place.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

I just had to pop in to say happy New years to all.  going to bed soon so I won't see the new year till the morning.

no run for me today, but I get off work early tomorrow so I should be able to get out for 10 or so.

and I have over a half dozen marathons on my plate for next year, but I don't expect to do any runs that are 26.3 miles or more

Have a great year all

Dave