Masters Running

Mon Dec 22 Runs and etc. (Read 510 times)

Man was it cold out there tonight. 43.30 minutes of snowshoe running out there just now. The trails were very dark, maybe I should have brought a headlight but I thought it would be light. I was frozen stiff for the first 15 minutes and could hardly feel my hands...then 5 minutes later I could feel them..5 minutes later I was warm then sweating and then just darn tired. First loop in 22.30 second in 21 flat. Weather channel says -27C but it was so damp if felt colder. To convince myself to go out tonight I boughy myself my favorite beer which is a special edition Innis and Gunn oak aged beer from Scotland. Time to enjoy it. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Thanks so much everyone for viewing Riblet's video. It meant a lot to him to see all those hits.
      Ribs....please tell Riblet that it was my pleasure listening and watching him play. I so enjoy a live performance!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

3 miles tonight (just now). 25 and with the wind chill was 6. I was running in and out of the wind at 1/3 mi increments. Definitely a 20 degree difference between the two directions. Renee and I were cruising the streets looking at Christmas lights. Fell in a small pothole. (dunce!) No snow here. But, when we get it, our trash trucks have plows on the front of them, so we're generally plowed out fast. Sometimes, they don't let us leave the island with those conditions though, 'cause the bridges are too frozen to be safely traveled. Tall, hope you enjoy the beer. I think I'm going straight for the baked goods once I get my daughter to sleep!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

40 minutes of pool running. It was nice, had the whole outer lane to myself, away from all the splashers. My stoopid "check engine" light is on again. That's never good news.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

40 minutes of pool running. It was nice, had the whole outer lane to myself, away from all the splashers. My stoopid "check engine" light is on again. That's never good news.
            Erika, we have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe. We LOVE this vehicle, except for one thing: The "check engine" light comes on constantly, and it has since day one. We will take it in, they "fix" it, and less than a week later, it comes back on. I would just ignore it, but then it won't pass inspection. The dealership will fix it for free if you take it in soon enough, so we just keep taking it in! I've asked them about it, and they say there are lots of things that can cause it. Sigh. We've never had any REAL problem because of it! DS16 tried pool running for the first time this week, and liked it OK. He's going nuts, taking his two-week running break between seasons, though.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Erika, with what I do for a living, a check engine light doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. If your vehicle is still running OK with the light on, there probably is nothing seriously wrong...but not saying to not getting it checked out though. Just run your vehicle a little South to me, and I will check it out with a Tech 2 for free...wish that was really possible. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

You'd work on an almost 9 year old Saab with 130,000 miles on it? Wink
                TammyinGP

ditto what Tim said. My husband is also in the auto business, so I've picked up a few tidbits of info from him. If the light stays on, it needs to be code-read to find out what the problem is. But if the light goes off, it means the onboard computer in your car cleared whatever the problem is. However, if it consistenly keeps coming on but going off, then the computer is clearing the problem, but whatever the problem is, is occurring frequently. So it's still worth having it checked out, but if the light is off, then the computer likely cleared whatever code was in there that indicated the problem, so if possible, try to get the code read while it's on.

Tammy

xor

What if it blinks on and off to the exact beat of Livin La Vida Loca?

evanflein

Then I figure I have a real problem if my swedish car is going latino on me... Tammy, light stays on, car runs fine with occasional rough starts. It's a pain. Had it checked once, fuel mix too lean, shut if off, car runs fine. Comes back on within a week, stays on, car runs fine with occasional rough starts. Just makes me Angry

Marathon Maniac #3309

ditto what Tim said. My husband is also in the auto business, so I've picked up a few tidbits of info from him. If the light stays on, it needs to be code-read to find out what the problem is. But if the light goes off, it means the onboard computer in your car cleared whatever the problem is. However, if it consistenly keeps coming on but going off, then the computer is clearing the problem, but whatever the problem is, is occurring frequently. So it's still worth having it checked out, but if the light is off, then the computer likely cleared whatever code was in there that indicated the problem, so if possible, try to get the code read while it's on.
                        Wow, made my answer sound kinda lame Smile...but Tammy is right. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

You'd work on an almost 9 year old Saab with 130,000 miles on it? Wink
                          Only for you Wink Tim