Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 2.9.14 (Read 43 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Posie, hope you feel better soon!

Nice long runs(walks) for Karin, Jay, Deez, Holly, and Tramps.

I took the dogs for 5 slow miles in light snow.  My legs are a little tired from my 20 miler yesterday.   This is the elevation profile from yesterday.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

..good to see Tall posting......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

Evening everyone. Good to see everyone is well. 6 or7K this morning. Felt a little tired out there but I was out running! Have a great night everyone.

Tall is here!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Hi Tall,  

Posi, hope you are feeling better soon.  I've been working a different boat every night this week to cover for sick people.  jlynne, surprised and so sorry to hear what your insurance costs.  as Erika says,  I hope you can find something more affordable.

No runs for me this week, 14+ hours comute plus working nights took away most of my motivation.   I drove home in the snow this morning,  probably the last snow we will see for a while.

Tet:  Any interest in Chilly Hilly this year?  (our annual 33 mile,  kick off to the cycling season with over 5000 riders)  Maybe I can twist your arm a little.  Dove, possibly a friend of hers and I are riding it on our Bromptons.  She is doing it as a kick off to her Seattle to Portland Brompton bike ride.

SteveP

Hi Tall!!!

Dw, Tag and I did sneak a mile in, then had a house full.

After seeing the hole, Noah decided it was made by "a abominal king cobra".

Grammy started going in, but was too scared.

Tag started in, then turned around part way through and came out.

Same with Grampy

Then Noah tried.

When he made it safely, it was all fun and games

SteveP

Hey Tall, nice to hear from you!

I thought I posted already, but I guess I didn't.  6 miles in a bit of sloppy snow.   I was hoping to do a LR today, but I just didn't have the motivation.  Fun, our first snow in two years!

Wildchild, I see you were channeling Steve again on your run!

Mariposai, get well soon!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Great pictures, Steve.

Mariposai

Well, enkie...

Let me brag about my own flowers too...

Thank you for your gitt!!

The Easy Pacer and I sure are enjoying your gift as well!

We are amazed at how many flowers we have gotten from the pot!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

janie b good

i love all the snow and dog tunnel pictures!  thanks for sharing!

we got 4 more inches of snow this morning, so I spent about 45 mins shoveling.  no run today.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet:  Any interest in Chilly Hilly this year?  . . . Maybe I can twist your arm a little.  Dove, possibly a friend of hers and I are riding it on our Bromptons.  She is doing it as a kick off to her Seattle to Portland Brompton bike ride.

Huh? No need to twist my arm to do anything with dove, even the daunting Chilly Hilly I vowed to my left knee I would never do again.  Unfortunately, I’ll be out-of-town.

However, don’t try to keep up to her on those killer hills; she used to be a transcontinental cyclist. Though STP is “only” 212 miles, sounds like she’s resurrecting her cycling days.  Have fun.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Looks like a fun day of playing in the tunnel! Be careful though... those things can collapse pretty easily. Love the pictures.

Hi Tall! Hope you're doing well. How are those girls of yours doing?

Carolyn, mile 7.5 to 12 looks like a bear, but the trip back down must've been fun!

Beautiful flowers, are those cyclamen? Lovely dose of color on a winter day! Enke, I didn't have any  motivation for a long run either. Cold temps have settled back in for us and we didn't even leave the house today. I did make it down to the treadmill this afternoon for 7.5 miles. Then tightened the belt a bit since it's felt like it's been slipping a bit recently.

4th 45+ mile week in a row. I seem to be in a rut. Smile

Maniac 505

Huh? No need to twist my arm to do anything with dove, even the daunting Chilly Hilly I vowed to my left knee I would never do again.  Unfortunately, I’ll be out-of-town.

However, don’t try to keep up to her on those killer hills; she used to be a transcontinental cyclist. Though STP is “only” 212 miles, sounds like she’s resurrecting her cycling days.  Have fun.

Tet:  I am fully aware of Dove's  cycling prowess, however she says she hasn't been on her bike in a couple months and she is running a 24 hour race the weekend before so maybe I will have a chance to keep up.

Deez, no problem whatsoever at that pace!  Taper, raceday excitement equals a good race.  Great run by the way.  Just make sure the first 10 miles feel EZ then you'll have something left in the tack for the last 10K.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong