Masters Running

Sunday the 8th runs (Read 347 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Happy Sunday all. I just watched the replay of Shalane Flanagan set the American indoor record in the 5K. Amazing race with a photo finish the the Ethiopian woman winning by 5/1000 of a second Shocked They make it look so effortless. I should have gone down and watched it in person. Black eye
    Shalene rocks! she lives nearby and almost won the 8K race i ran on Thanksgiving (I finished 10 min later!) "Double B" Gallop & Gorge - Road Race, 11/27/2008 Overall Name HomeTown Sex Age Bib# Time 1 Hinton, John Chapel Hill, NC m 46 1556 26:18.12 2 Flanagan, Shalane Pittsboro, NC F 27 921 26:20.00

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Shalene rocks! she lives nearby and almost won the 8K race i ran on Thanksgiving (I finished 10 min later!) "Double B" Gallop & Gorge - Road Race, 11/27/2008 Overall Name HomeTown Sex Age Bib# Time 1 Hinton, John Chapel Hill, NC m 46 1556 26:18.12 2 Flanagan, Shalane Pittsboro, NC F 27 921 26:20.00
      Guess she's from Marblehead (just north of Boston) originally, so it made a little more news around here than track and field usually does. 7:12 pace ain't too shabby, either.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good runs here today---4.2 happy miles over potholes and around puddles for me. All good and no twinges.
        Yay!!!! (and good on the kiddo too!)
        Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Just about 7 miles for me today, after work and before dark. Low mileage week after all, my left legs feels not quite right..can't pinpoint what's wrong so I'm trying to take it easy. A nice evening to all! Francesca