Masters Running

Tuesday, 12-20-16, just in case you were waiting for someone else to start the daily....... (Read 29 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey holly - beware of running afoul of the profiteering

prohibited by the Rules of Professional Responsibility.

RPC 7.3(a) - SOLICITATION OF CLIENTS
    A lawyer shall not, directly or through a third person, by in-person, live telephone,

or real-time electronic contact solicit professional employment from a possible client

when a significant motive for the lawyer's doing so is the lawyer's pecuniary gain.
    Possible Solution 1 - tell ‘em that you mentioned you were up to your ears in work

to an attorney friend who wanted you to be sure it wasn’t contrary to the Rule of Professional Responsibility 7.3(a)
    Possible Solution no. 2 - if you’ve got an e-mail or something in writing, forward it (or copy)

by e-mail to the state bar association sayin’ you want to make sure it's okay if they “_____________________.”

If the Ohio bar doesn’t have a gratis advisory service, e-mail to the WSBA that does.
    Pepparkakor!  Growin’ up with Swedish grandparents means pepparkakor

ginger cookies for Christmas, especially when it goes along with a little

of Yogi Yorgenson’s "Yingle Bells"“  I’ve already gone out to IKEA for 'em.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - now you've given me an earworm for the day.....

I should clarify - I am not expected to go out and find new clients.  This is more about taking prospects who have already expressed a desire to go ahead and to "move the case along" so that we get officially hired before the end of the year.  I am just so busy with my current clients and my deadline obligations to them, that I really don't have time to process additional new cases at the moment.  And, while this is all supposed to be about "transparency" and "working as a team," mostly I just get resentful of the added pressure.

It will all work out , though.  I will get done what I can, and if we don't meet our goal, oh well. It wasn't MY goal.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."