Masters Running

Thursday April 8 runs, walks, dogs, cats and everything else .... (Read 511 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Eliz, I hear ya!  Life is good!  I ran today for the first time in 3 weeks, and my leg didn't hurt!  3.4 miles run/walk at  an 11:50 pace on a pretty trail along Clear Creek in Golden after work.   It was 65° so I was glad to take it slow.

Twocat, I don't see how SteveP could be a ward of the state - they prolly don't allow dogs there...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Aimee,

Since "to be" is so frequently used in all languages, it's often one of the most irregularly-conjugated verbs. Many times, there just ain't no 'splainin' why the verbs got to be that way.

9 fartlek miles, 1.5 WU/ 2.25 WD. I had started the workout with the intention of a structured 8x1200 interval workout....didn't happen: too hot, windy, etc. So I just ran fast when I felt like it.

Walt

evanflein

I don't know where he's from or what he does, I just hope SteveP never changes. I'm sure Tag might have other thoughts on the subject, but I love Steve the way he is!

Yay Eliz on the "my feet don't hurt" run! I can relate 100%. Glad you had a good outing, keep them short and easy for a while though.

Nice run for TomS today! Isn't it neat when it turns out that way?

I was going to run at lunch, but a peek at the temps (25°) and a check of the wind (strong from the west) I changed my mind. Stayed in and got some work done. Headed out after leaving work a bit early and had a pretty good run. It was still cool (27°) and breezy (windchill 17°), but the sun was out, the wind was at my back for parts of the run and it felt good to know I was done for the day. 5.4 miles, some hilly stuff but nothing too severe, 8:19 avg pace, effort mostly easy. Nice run! But... I'm ready for a break. Tomorrow will be a non-running day.

I signed up for a hilly 5k on Saturday. I'm not going to "race" it, but want to use it like a speed run with warm up and cool down. I'm liking taper so far!

Kimmie

Good running going on here.    The pace on these threads is quick.  I feel like I'm trying to jump into a moving jump rope.  Smile   I didn't run yesterday... decided to switch rest day around.  I needed some relief from the allergies.

I'll run with some friends here in a little bit.

I have no comment on Steve, other than he's funny.