Masters Running

Friday 2/1/19 (Read 42 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  It's a drill weekend which means briefing in our traditional reservists on what happened this week and what we're doing to prevent recurrence.  This morning was (surprise!) 6.3 miles.

Have a greta night everyone!

Joe618

Wild, wow, that's an awesome day on a fantastically beautiful route!   18 miles to boot...wow.

Falcon, do whip all those reservists into shape...you'll have quite the stories, I'm guessing. 

Leslie, I'm still puzzled by the reaction to your now ex-employee.  Like Holly, I'm wondering where the "tough love" would be on that one.   Hope you can clean up the mess.  Oy.

I left work a bit early today for two reasons...it was a long week grappling with complex regulations and it was sunny and a balmy 21F.  I badly wanted to get in this weeks 5 mile tempo run per the Hanson plan.   It was supposed to happen on Thursday but weather complicated it, so I pushed it back a day and, wonderfully, got it in.   Warmed up for 1+ miles, then the 5 miles at MP, 9:08 for me.  The miles went by in 9:08, 8:57, 8:58, 8:56 and 8:40.   Back home by 6:30, deciding to eat supper after the run, rather than before. 

Mild weather this weekend, will be in shorts tomorrow...amazing. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Another late night for me.  I ran my 8 miles after work then took off to see my granddaughter play basketball.  She was sick all day, yesterday, but the coach told her that she was going to get extensive playing time in the varsity game and I wanted to see her play.  She felt a little better, today...still sick...but sucked it up and got out there.  She was the team's leading scorer with 18 points and they won 61 to 54.  She was fun to watch.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, just a quick update on my plow truck.  I talked to my neighbor yesterday, and he went up to take a look at the truck today.  He's a mechanic - pretty handy neighbor!  Anyway, he checked a few things, and then noticed that something on the floor had tipped over and bumped the transfer case shifter and knocked it into neutral!  So the transmission is fine.  I'll walk up the road tomorrow and drive it home.  

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Glad you got out of work and got your tempo run in, Joe.  Mike- great job by your granddaughter, especially sick!

I’m up at the retreat center and managed to get settled in and survived the first night’s activities.  I’m not that into silly games, but it was sort of fun.  Will et up early to run- starting in the dark which is a little creepy up here, but it should get light fairly soon.  Goodnight, y’all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai

MikeE, kudos to your granddaughter!!!.  Nice run today.

Joe, great to read that you were able to fit in your tempo. How is your new training plan working for you?

Holly, good luck with your long run this weekend.

Another long but very fulfilling work week for me, but long hours means very little time for running, but  hey, I was able to fit in 9 miles total all week, plus an hour on the stationary bike while attending a conference call  and an hour of Xtraining.

{{{Butterfly hugs to all the east coast folks who are suffering with the bad weather}}}}

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

So I'm doing my exercises with the PT asst and my therapist comes over and asks how it's going.  Me: "Good.  Just wondering when I get to start climbing stairs normally."  Him: "I think we can look into that."  So I graduated to doing step up exercises on a 4" step!! And I get to start doing planks! And I get to start doing upper body ST again so long as I'm not picking them up off the floor and I'm solidly on both legs.  AND . . . he thinks I'll be running by June.  *insert dancing bananas*

Wildchild - That's kinda funny about the plow. 

Posie Lady doin' double duty - stationary biking and conference calling.  That's making use of your time!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance