Masters Running

Wed 14th April Runs etc (Read 513 times)

What's up with Marj?  henrun,  whatever's going on, I'm thinking of you both.

ANd Leslie, forgive my tardiness, but what an accomplishment.  I am so impressed.

Sorry I've been just in and out--our long time office manager here for decades, who retired about a year ago, died Monday after a recurrence of cancer.  She was 72, and one of those Eve Arden (Christine Baransky?) types with a straight up in your face tell it like it is attitude....we were saying she'd have given us 2 hours for the funeral and then expected us back to work.  Of course, when no one was looking, she was giving one of us a plane ticket home when the parents were ailing or rent money when the budget was tight, or insisting on coming over for dinner if you weren't looking too healthy.

WHen she was born, she was under 3 lbs so her dad called her a little tike and it stuck--she was Tike to all of us (Carolyn was her given name.)

When she called me to set my interview in '04, I had to go later than she wanted as I was going to run Boston.  She thought that was neat and always insisted on being one of my "trackers" via the BAA website.   I'm really going to miss her.

Thanks for reading.

I have to agree with whoever wrote they come here to follow the critters, and o, yes, the bipeds too!  Very cute, Mary, thanks for that photo, and Tag cracks me up.  He needs to write a book.

grins,

A

ps: Can't wait to see Holly portray DD's drama--that's got to be gut-busting.  O gee, I better go figure how to find everyone.

Masters 2000 miles

There's a race in Boston? When? I thought Boston had a baseball team....right, Amy?

9.25 miles overall for me...I did an interval workout, 8x1200 at 6:40 m/m pace, with a 1/4 mile jog in between. Fun Stuff.

Walt

Renee the dog

Oh and I forgot to post my warning about my TM run yesterday:

Don't....I repeat, DON'T watch Stephen Wright on Netflix while running on a TM.  It's not running that will kill you.  But the comedians you watch while you do so, just might!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

mrrun

Aamos - I'm confused? all is fine with me - i'm biking and running and occasionally posting w/o avatar as mrrun! marj

Maniac 505

Hi Mari,  the weather does look nice doesn't it.  I think it will be maniac singlet  kind of weather with maybe a throw away or garbage bag until the starting gun goes off.   It will be good to see you.

1.5 hour aquarium dive today followed by an 8 mile jog,  legs felt kind of dead today.  guess I need to taper for a couple days.

so excited reading about all the boston plans.  someday I will have to do it again.  

dg.

marj, thanks for posting!  I was trying to find out what was going on.  glad it's just the normal kind of things!
              SteveP

Great to see you and your Woody Roy!!!

Scary ride into work Slo!!!!

Thanks for the picture Mary!!!!

(((((Aamos))))) You've told us about some pretty neat people.

Rest day today.

SteveP

Oh and I forgot to post my warning about my TM run yesterday:

Don't....I repeat, DON'T watch Stephen Wright on Netflix while running on a TM.  It's not running that will kill you.  But the comedians you watch while you do so, just might!

Nono thanks for that warning.  I've have tried to watch a comedy while on the TM but just can't, why is that?

No problem w/ laughing on the road. 

Last evening 8.3 miles with middle 6 at HM pace, then easy 4.2 this beautiful moring. 

Have A Nice Day!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.