Masters Running

Feb. 20 TGIF Boomer Runs (Read 532 times)

dg.

Sue, thanks! Dinner Big grin Also thanks for the TM ideas. I think I'll use them for a while to avoid the turns on the track. 20 miles? I just remembered... you did a marathon on a track, didn't you. Shocked. You are my hero. ine. Tramps, there you are. hmm. I still would have qualified. But have younger brothers. Stupid question.... what are some of the identifying marks? I did join in with SRL's request yesterday. enke, that's awful. hope you were wearing bright gloves.
      On the treadmill issue, I really see no difference in effort other than the heat of the gym and the boredom. I have done more mill running this year than any other but I am a little older and the winter seemed a little colder. I have done all my long runs outside though because I would be brain dead after 10 or more miles on the treadmill. It does make it easy to keep a pace going though! 4 mile tempo run for me today. 1 mile warm up then 2 @ 8:00 and 1 @ 7:50 with a total of 34:00. Felt good all the way through and could have done more. Over the next few months I will stretch these out so I will get to go further soon enough. Good runs everyone, Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #3309

I wouldn't mind having a copy of Ribs' workout plan . . . but just up through mile 16 please. I hear he has some fine-tuning to get a runner past mile 16.
        You talking about me Missy Smarty Pants Tamerella...you just wait till Seattle Hunny Bumpkin, I am going for 18 miles this time around Tongue Smile Actually, me and Tramps had a 16 mile Marathon streak going...till he had to go and ruin it and run a fast 26.2.... always someone who has to ruin a good thing Tongue Smile Tammy, you bought your shirt yet that says - 3 months ago this seemed like a good idea....you will wonder that on your 20 milers, he he. Lol, I bought a shirt that said - 26.2 Been There, Ran That...that was one of my wisest investments, huh Roll eyes. And that was real fun, to excitedly show Kelly my new kewl shirt the night before my race...only to fold it up and take it back home Cry Hope you have a Greta race tomorrow....and remember to "embrace the puke" Wink...fun is for after the race. TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

3.32 miles that were probably faster than they should be for recovery pace, but that's what I'm calling them. Anybody here run the Colfax (Denver) marathon? How about Lake Wobegon in St. Joseph, MN?

Marathon Maniac #3309

3.32 miles that were probably faster than they should be
            Sooooo, you like paste too...remember this "Tim, on another thread I post in, what you're doing is called "eating the paste Get over it" Smile TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Oh yes, and on that same post I mentioned that I do a lot of it! And actually, this was over 9 m/m pace so that's pretty much recovery pace for me anyway. (so there)

Marathon Maniac #957

After (and knowing my luck Roll eyes ), hormonal runner woman.
                Nothing like cramps to take your mind off how much your legs ache... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Seattle RnR....not many hills, nice. I'm glad I'm not doing the full
                  well, not me or anyone else 'cause we hope you'll do the marathon even if just as a long training run. Let's get the half part out of the way at next month's Mercer Island. Smile Not that it makes any difference at the current rates but they get even worse starting from next month. Entry fee won't matter though as the Seattle RnR Committee will make sure it's worth it for everyone. www.rnrseattle.com Marathon Fees $100 (10/1/08 - 2/28/09) $120 (3/1 – 6/21/09 ) $135 at Expo

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Renee the dog

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Renee and I showed good manners and waited 20 min after Mr Nono showed up before bolting out the door. I had a new route planned that should have minimized the wind -- but crap it was coming from the S-E-W, with the worst from the West (which is why I planned the route the way I did). I'm calling it a tempo run without a warm up or cool down....did it in 33:44, for an 8:26 pace. Yeah....I'm faster in the real world than the simulated one (treadmill). Felt awesome!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

tgif
                      Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh yes, and on that same post I mentioned that I do a lot of it! And actually, this was over 9 m/m pace so that's pretty much recovery pace for me anyway. (so there)
                        LOL, yes Erika I left out some words. Luv ya though...are you mad at me, because I adore you. I got my first prank "set up" at Seattle...you are sooo very "had"..well, others too. TimBo

Baby I know it's late But I just couldn't sleep I got up to go for a driverun and I wound up on your street. Just now posting my Friday 5:00 P.M. run. 6 miles at 10:51 pace. It seemed so much faster than that. Sorry for the delay.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM