Masters Running

Tuesday, 8.9.16 (Read 38 times)

Tom,

Yes I've. Been going to Port Austin since I was a kid. Lots of memories there. It was a sunny day but the wind was up and the waves were pretty rolling but we had a great time. By the way are you going to be at the Crim this year?

I managed 4.2 miles @ a 9 minute pace in 92 degrees and sunny weather.  I love summer !!!!

Aamos,

i hear ya on slowing down. That 9 minute pace today felt a lot harder than a few years back when my average pace on my casual runs was closer to 8. I have to push pretty good to maintain an 8 minute pace for more than a couple miles now.  the good news is I really don't care as long as I'm getting the miles in.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

I make a point of not drinking with people I work with for the most point. Same with FB... I don't like to "friend" people I work with. Gotta have those lines, right? But I couldn't agree more on the team building crap, so call me not a "team player." I've got work to do.

I agree, with the exception of the Christmas Party, when everyone gets a little happy.  As for team-building, it seems such a waste - mostly we have our individual roles and cases and while we chat as we pass in the hall, we don't really work with each other much.  I am the only person who does Medicaid and VA benefits, and other than having Kyle draft the trusts I use or ask him to help a client with funding documents, I mostly work my cases alone.  We are all so busy with our cases, none of us can easily take a day to just waste - it causes more stress, not less.

Carolyn - very cool about volunteering at the 100-mile race.

Jlynne - nice trail racing this weekend!

Baby teeth - I put my kids' baby teeth into an envelope and put it under their pillow at bedtime.  Then, in the middle of the night, I would switch out the envelope with one that had a golden dollar in it.  And yes, I still have the teeth in a drawer somewhere.

3.1 miles for me outside today - stupid knee, when will it be normal again!  I have to take short little steps, because if I stretch my stride the inside knee hurts and wants to buckle.  Doesn't even seem like running.  Did 15 minutes on the bike trainer when I got home.  I just need to get through Portland before the cut off, then I can rest all winter.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

New skirt in town

Ugh, team building. Don't get me started, it's the worst. We've tossed that all away for the past 12 years in our practice, and focused on creating a strong culture in our practice that starts from the partners and management and filters down.  It's working well.

What a lovely day today! The temps were low(ish), and the humidity was low(ish), and the 5-miler I had on the training plan turned into 7.2 simply because it was the first comfortable running day in a long time. I saw a turkey family and a raccoon.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Mariposai

What a dynamic thread we had today.

Robin, when is your next marathon? I enjoyed your son's video.

Enkie, your time alone in the cabin sounds great. Enjoy!

Leslie, how magnificent that you and your DH can make it to Portland!! I will find the thread later today.

7 miles in the woods for me today. I had to drive over the mountain pass for a meeting, so I decided to take the time to run in the woods. Just lovely weather there.

{{{{{Posie hug to all who need it}}}}

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

coastwalker scared.

tselbs I am mighty impressed at the number of days you went back on the daily for that post. Welcome back.

No running for me today. Just time on the elliptical. Tomorrow it is off for I figure 8 with my training partner.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

New skirt in town

Posie, I'm running the Baystate Marathon on Oct 16.

How do I teach my spellcheck not to autocorrect Posie to Rosie every time?

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

pillowmaker

Basically, for some days I am feeling pain in my neck when I wake up from sleep. It is not for running but don't know why. Can anyone give me any solution?