Masters Running

Friday, October 16th runs and best wishes (Read 373 times)

Mariposai

hi high in the sky breger....keep up that high attitude....you are own this racer bregercito...and you know it.

squid ink pasta? never tasted it....should it?

8 lazy miles this afternoon. I did a shorter version of my Thursday tempo yesterday, so I needed to get in the miles, but also take it easy today. Yesterday I ran 5 miles with 3@ tempo.

Off to cook dinner for the manfolk.

go weekend racers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dg. don't forget your lipstick!!!! we marathon girls need to look kul at the finish line, ya know.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

And the racing excitement continues to build! Can't wait to hear all about them, especially one in particular but I'm not mentioning her name because I don't want to add to the stress or anxiety. Easy for me to say, no? My racing is done for the fall.

PBJ, that sounds like a wonderful place and great run. I thought you were on vacation, but is it a meet or tournament?

Chilly here, but no snow.  I went for a walk at lunch and really noticed the lack of direct sunshine; having our first cloudy day in quite some time. I'll go pool running after work. My foot is being cranky and fickle. Sometimes it feels great, other times it feels swollen and sore. I think a trip to the pool will do it wonders. I'm planning 6-8 on Saturday, and about 10 on Sunday, but if the foot doesn't want to do that, we'll do something else. That's the benefit of having no set schedule, right?

Lamerunner, glad to hear you're doing better, but be careful. These foot issues don't ever seem to go away 100%; management seems to be the name of the game.

lamerunner

Thanks Erika... I do need to come back very slowly; getting used to the othotics may create some issues too.  It si a little frustrating;; I must be patient!

I did a 1500 yard swim and 40 mins pool running at lunch too.

PBj, that sounds like a wonderful place to run!  I lived in England a few years as a child but have not been back as an adult, except for the airport.

Warm wishes to dg on her  first marathon! You never forget the first one!

Well, this is different.  Online to RA from 35,000 feet (on the airplane!  How cool is that?

Bill

Cool!

If you were on SWA, you were using our company's system (HughesNet).  We are also doing Alaska Airlines, but I'm guessing you didn't take that from FL to Columbus.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

well that's cool!

hi.  i'm sitting here in a hotel room that is much nicer than it needs to be!  but it's kind of fun.   time (past) time to sleep but wanted to say hi (did) & thanks again.

'nite all

Mariposai

well that's cool!

hi.  i'm sitting here in a hotel room that is much nicer than it needs to be!  but it's kind of fun.   time (past) time to sleep but wanted to say hi (did) & thanks again.

'nite all

You are going to be running 26.2 miles dearie...you deserve a very nice hotel for that.

go dg goo!!!

enjoy your first marathon...like your first kiss...you will never forget it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

go DG go.......rest up tom and play hard Sunday!!

oh ya I ran today ...........did about 1/2 mile before i realized i hadnt started the time on my garmin - oh well.........4.5 miles in 42:12 plus the 1/2 untimed..........just getting in from a fundraiser for one of my brother's sons who has a lifelong autoimmune disorder - such a tough thing to watch but the fundraiser was just amazing!!

sleep well my  friends!!

denise

evanflein

We are also doing Alaska Airlines, but I'm guessing you didn't take that from FL to Columbus.

Well how cool is that?? My boss got a coupon on his last flight for a free trial of that system... he said it was slow, not sure he'd pay for it.  DH was really tickled to hear you guys worked for Hughes!

40 minutes of pool running tonight. Felt good, but I got really hungry...