Masters Running

Weightloss Healthy Eating Challenge - Week 4 (Read 257 times)

Thought I'd get us going. Was down to 138.8 this a.m.! Woo hoo! It's been a very long time since I was below 140. I have no idea why, but I'm not gonna complain 'cause I'll be surprised if it lasts long.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I'm down a pound this week to 140.5 which is ok. Not really trying to lose weight in the final week(s) before the marathon, but it seemed to happen. Holly, this happened to you, too, right? I was actually 139 Monday morning and feeling dragged out. I've been trying to eat more this week, but not "stuffing." Reducing mileage seems to have reduced appetite this time around. First time that's ever happened. My original goal to be sub-140 for Boston may be close enough. I don't want to lose any more right now. But NEXT week...

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm up 1 lb from right before the marathon, but that's still 2 lbs down from where I started 3-4 weeks ago. So that's good. Still a little up from my happy weight, but not too bad. I know, I know - I am a shrimpy person, but like most middle aged women, I am constantly fighting the tendency to gather extra weight at the middle, and at 5'1", a little goes a long way. Another 3 lbs would make my small pot belly almost flat. Okay, I'll still have some looseness in the skin, but childbirth will do that do you. Andy hey, my face is working to catch up.... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Okay, I'll still have some looseness in the skin, but childbirth will do that do you. Andy hey, my face is working to catch up.... Big grin
          See my signature line for a favorite quote by Truvy in "Steel Magnolias."

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Holding steady at 125. I was really hoping to lose a few, as I've ramped up my miles/workouts with my half coming up exactly 30 days from today. But alas, it did not happen. Couldn't have anything to do with the basket of Easter candy I've been working hard to eat my share of.... Personally, I think wrinkles give a woman "character." That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Big grin
            Mariposai

The unthinkable happened, I got rid of the pesky 2 pounds and now to my ideal marathon weight. Ohhh the power and determination of a tapering runnerBig grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

Hey, I finally weighed in today -- 133. All I know is that it's not 129. Or 120. It's OK though -- going in a positive direction with my eating choices. A little bit of luck as I joined sparkpeople to look up some nutrition stuff, and they've actually sent me some timely recipes -- where literally I have all the ingredients necessary to make the salad or whatever. I've also made a choice to drink my greens in the morning. I love V-8 juice, and decided that I'll just throw more veggies in it and blend away. It's been great and I don't feel so "loaded" with calories throughout the day. I do drink two tall glasses to start the day. I'm also not running too much right now, and will adjust as I put more miles in the schedule next week. Probably back to some eggs here and there. I did a very honest assessment of myself in the mirror the other day, and I think 3'4" of me is about as good as it can get. The 2' that's covers my rear through thigh area (might only be 18") is scarily looking like my Mom's 81 yr old backside. FOR REAL. Surprised I can't imagine what that will look like in 37 more years if it looks like this now.... But, I think with continued effort, I can turn back the clock on that area. I'm not trying to look 20. But 81 is a little much.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I did a very honest assessment of myself in the mirror the other day, and I think 3'4" of me is about as good as it can get. The 2' that's covers my rear through thigh area (might only be 18") is scarily looking like my Mom's 81 yr old backside. FOR REAL. Surprised I can't imagine what that will look like in 37 more years if it looks like this now.... But, I think with continued effort, I can turn back the clock on that area. I'm not trying to look 20. But 81 is a little much.
                  Your writing really does crack me up. Since you have nothing else to do all day long, how about writing some kind of comedic novel? You'd do a great job. Just stuff your kids in the closet to keep them out of the way. Big grin

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

The 2' that's covers my rear through thigh area (might only be 18") is scarily looking like my Mom's 81 yr old backside. FOR REAL. Surprised I can't imagine what that will look like in 37 more years if it looks like this now.... But, I think with continued effort, I can turn back the clock on that area. I'm not trying to look 20. But 81 is a little much.
                    Yes! I said that last week! When I look in the mirror now, who replaced my image with my mother's? All of a sudden I have age spots, gray hair and wrinkley skin. "I'm not trying to look 40, but 86 is a little much!"
                      I thought about my weight loss today. For the past two weeks, during the week days, I have religiously eaten oatmeal and toast for breakfast, no coffee unless we actually make it at home, a decent lunch (usually leftovers from the night before), either a banana or a stick of string cheese and a small can of V-8 around 3:00 p.m., a banana on the drive home if I didn't eat it during the afternoon, a light dinner, and, if I'm still a bit hungry, a small bag of light butter popcorn or half a toasted bagel. I'm staying satisfied, and I'm not crashing at any point during the day. I plan to keep this up for awhile for a true scientific trial. Wink

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Prince of Fatness

March 27 - 168 lbs. April 3 - 167.5 lbs. April 10 - 169 lbs. April 17 - 168 lbs. How I lost a pound this week is beyond me. Easter weekend was a glutton fest, and there was some seepage of that into this week. It's funny what we see when we look in the mirror. I have my weight down to a point lower than it has been for 15 - 20 years, but when I look in the mirror I still see the flab that's clinging to my gut. Maybe I need to dig up some pictures of me a few years ago.

Not at it at all. 

Today was weigh in for our BL contest and I was down again!! My weight here at school was 136.7, which translates to 134ish due to jeans and shirt. Last week I WAS the Biggest Loser, which ticked everyone off since I have the least to lose (hee hee). Big grin I am tapering for the big Country Music 1/2 Marathon next weekend by only doing a 10K race tomorrow. I plan to pretty much eat whatever this weekend and then starve next week so I can survive the rolling hills of downtown Nashville without feeling like a hippo. Nono, my worst area, which looks WORSE than my mother's ever did, is my front thighs. They are thin, but oh so wrinkly! When I do yoga and forget to wear long pants, it's such an ugly sight in downward dog! I dread spring and summer running as I will now have to shed my beloved tights for shorts... And there IS no cure, other than to have my entire body stretched from the ankles up and tie it all in a knot at the top of my head Undecided