Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 8.5.17 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Friday's workouts:

RunnerKSA (3.1 morning miles)

Dave (core work + 36 min of walking with hillage for co. points)

Jlynne (45 min of elliptical + 30 min of weights/core)

Catwhoorg (6 lunchtime miles + 16 post-work bike miles)

Tomwhite (4 X 10 min walking)

Mike (8 pre-birthday dinner miles)

Twocat got your tongue? I hope you are feeling better today, and that the biopsy comes back negative.

Nice quote and t-shirt, Marj. It must have been startling to uncover a gas pipe at the dig.

So, RunnerKSA, baby chicks have lawyers too?

I agree, Dave - go for the Gold!

How'd you make out with the boys, Jlynne? Who wore the other out?

Good rant, Fatozzig. Seems like you got through to Amy - but will it change her at all? Cute face & bowtie.

Sorry about the nasty air, Mariposai. Are the fires still burning?

Looks like everyone survived the vacation (and that you had a great time), Holly - with smiles too!

Run well and have fun in your half today, Evanflein!

Happy belated birthday, Mike! Looks like a happy crew at dinner.

I went 7.3 RW miles in 68° with lots of mugginess and some fog rolling in off the ocean. I was sproinkless, and my hamstring felt a little tight, so I just took it easy for the most part. I did some extra stretching and taped my hamstring, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Nice recap. Jay. However. The pun regarding Twocat? Maybe a bit too soon. Hope the guy is recovering nicely and the pathology report is clean.

Also Jay. You are showing good restraint with the hamstring. Hope it heals well.

Mariposa! Hope your air clears and the fires in BC diminish. Our flights home were affected by the smoke.

I wrote a rambling race report if anyone is interested. It's located in the proper topic. Thanks again Mariposai.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mike E

MM #5615

Twocat got your tongue?

Dang it!  I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to make that into a joke...this is perfect!  But, cruel...

Everybody's a comedian.  Well he who laughs last laughs best! If you are looking to drop a few pounds the tongue biopsy diet will do it!  All I can say is, this is horrible. It hurts to eat and food tastes a bit like dust. On the good news front. It was raining this morning so that means I would not have run today's local 5.853 mile race anyway. At least that is one thing this biopsy thing has not affected.

Writing of food, hatch chili season is almost here. I ordered 10 pounds of the mild variety and 10 pounds of the medium hot ones for shipment to my house. DW wanted to know what I plan to do with all of them. Easy. Roast and freeze them. A few will go into hamburgers, corn salads, stews and other dishes over the next few weeks. If you have never had a hatch chili I highly recommend them. You can order as little as a 5 pound box of fresh chilies. Then you roast them yourself before using. Or you can get even smaller quantities that the farmers have roasted themselves and then sell by the jar or frozen package.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dang it!  I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to make that into a joke...this is perfect!  But, cruel...

...Tough Love.......

==========

40-min PoolRun

hopefully

will add some 10-min walking

,,,,,,,,,,,,SIL may have to be hospitalized, and BIL has Dementia (so we may be needed)

....................Good Running to Ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

The people who improperly dispose of dead baby chicks have lawyers.......At least at this time of year PITA can't claim we are selling them for Easter pets.

13.1 miles (not a race) with local training group.  I was with 3 women for 5 miles and then they cut back to not go as far.  So- alone for the last 8, but I got it done.  Having an aid station out there (hit it twice) helped a lot.  The weather was perfect-  58-67 degrees and clear while I was out there.  Glad that's behind me.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  RunnerKSA!  I just realized we have something in common.  I was banned from a ladies' locker room when I was 14!

LOL, Mike!  I bet that one was a lot more interesting than the one here on RA!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yes, buehrle--it was a very good race report, too.

I did 8 miles, today.  It was very nice out...overcast...70O...no wind...I enjoyed it.

I have a nail in a tire on my 2006 Mustang that I only drive in the summer and only has 28,500 miles on it.  I took it up to Discount Tire to have it repaired.  Nope.  They are not allowed to fix anything over...I think he said 6 years old.  I asked how much it would cost to replace the tires with the same type of tires I have on the car.  $1100.00.  I drove back home with the nail in my tire.

We're getting ready to see my BIL, Jerry.  It will, probably, be the last time we'll see him.  I started writing his eulogy, this morning.  It doesn't seem right to be doing that while he's still alive but I have to be ready.  I have a rule that I do not show up to a funeral without being prepared to say something.  It was, actually, when Jerry's dad died that I made that rule with myself.  The funeral director asked if anyone would like to say something about him and nobody did.  I thought that everybody deserves to have something said about them at their funeral, so I made the rule to have something prepared, just in case.

Okay...I guess that's about all I got.  See ya!

TammyinGP

I'm so behind - haven't been here all week. I apologize for not knowing much of what has been happening.

college visits went well. David has tough decisions to make because all 3 we visited offer great programs and each have their distinctive advantages, but I'll admit its hard to compete with a large university like Oregon State U and all they can offer in terms of resources, etc. 

haven't run much this week due to our travels (but with our record breaking temps in the 110-116 range, i doubt I would have run much anyways) but this morning I got out for 11 miles. A friend is training for a marathon and had a 20 miler to do so I joined her for the 2nd half, then ran another mile when I got home with the dogs.

Tammy

evanflein

You're a good guy, Mike. I agree, but I don't usually get up to say anything either. And wouldn't a service station fix the tire? That 6 year old rule seems stupid.

Ran the half marathon today. Was hoping for under 1:50 and got it (1:48:38) but it's still like my 4th worst time for that race. I just really don't like the course, too much gravel and big rocks. The first almost 5 miles are on dirt road that felt a little slippery (not muddy, but the surface was wet), and then that gravel for almost 3 miles. Bleh. It felt hot in the full sun, but it was only mid-60's. Still, apparently everyone was having some trouble because I was 6th woman overall and was hoping for top ten. Passed two in the last couple of miles who were doing worse than I was, so that helped. Then DH and I came home and watered all our poor thirsty plants on the deck.

catwhoorg

Labrat

12 and change with 20 min at tempo pace once I warmed up.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

spacityrunner

5.2 miles at sunset.  It was a tough one...hot, humid, hilly.  Wheels came off at mile 4.  The last 1.2 were miserable.

Trails Rock!