Masters Running

The Avenue of the Giants Race & Party thread (Read 70 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Whole wheat pasta, please!   And chicken instead of meat as an option. I can  help cook, too!   Looking forward to the trip!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

good ideas so far. Thanks!

bumping this up for more input from others.  Race/Party wknd is under 3 wks away.

Leslie - thank you for the generous offer to do the grocery shopping and then we'll all just chip in reimbursement.

By the end of next week or so, I'll put together a shopping list based on everyone's input so that Leslie can plan a shopping trip based on her availability.

Tammy

Thanks for spear-heading all of this Tammy ~~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

RATS!!    There was a mix up with my vacation schedule that I can't unravel.  I won't be able to make it.  I'm so sorry.  Tammy.  I'll E-mail  you.  I won't leave you hanging at this late date.

TammyinGP

Dave, as I said in my email to you - I'm so sorry this vacay mix-up prevents you from coming down for this race. You will definitely be missed!!

Tammy

usandtoto-2@msn.com

I'll second that comment Tammy.  I was so looking forward to seeing you again Dave.  Hope you get to pick first during the next round of vacation draft weeks.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

TammyinGP

Mike and Sue and Henry and Marj:  Even though you all have your own cabins, will we all be eating together Saturday night?

We'll be doing pasta (both with meat and vegetarian), salad, bread that Saturday night. and wasn't sure if that worked for all of you or if you had your own pre-race dinner ritual you like to follow?

eta: I see marj's earlier post that you and henry like pasta - so that answered my question. thanks.

Tammy

mrrun

Mike and Sue and Henry and Marj:  Even though you all have your own cabins, will we all be eating together Saturday night?

We'll be doing pasta (both with meat and vegetarian), salad, bread that Saturday night. and wasn't sure if that worked for all of you or if you had your own pre-race dinner ritual you like to follow?

eta: I see marj's earlier post that you and henry like pasta - so that answered my question. thanks.

yes - include us for all/any meals.  Dave - sorry you couldn't be there.  thanks for organizing!

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Yes, Sue and I will be sharing Saturday's meal.  We will be bringing some homemade sauce and some kind of pasta too.  Oh ya, some

micro-beer to go along with it.  Will have some chicken to grill for who ever would like some too.  Looking forward to getting away for a week with some running added in for good measure.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

TammyinGP

Here's the breakdown of pricing for the cottages (11/12)

Including taxes, the cottages are $313 per night. there are 6 of us sharing: me, wildchild, mariposai, easy pacer, enke, and johnny (one night only). ETA: Dave insists on paying his share, so the amounts are recalculated:

The first night will be: 52.20 per person  (ETA $44.72 pp)

The second night will be: 62.60 per person (ETA $52.20 pp ) (because johnny is not staying the 2nd night).

I will keep the reservations on my credit card and everyone can just pay me their share that wknd. Checks are fine because I'm leaving the charges on my CC and will use everyone's $$ to pay the bill.

For dinners on Saturday and Sunday nights there will be 10 of us: (and leslie/shorty for one or both night?)

Saturday night:

regular pasta & whole wheat pasta

marinara sauce (one batch with ital. sausage and one batch plain)

French bread

fixings for salads

Sunday night:

grilled burgers and chicken breast

veggies for roasting

I will type up a grocery list for Leslie so she can buy the items needed for the above meals (or perhaps Leslie and Carolyn would want to do the shopping after you pick up Carolyn at airport since you'll have a couple extra hours before we can check in anyways? just a thought).

Mariposai said she would make a tabbouleh salad for Sunday night also. And I think if everyone that is sharing our cottage can bring some food items for themselves + extra for sharing of whatever you think you'd be eating for the other meals, I am sure there will be plenty of food. I know in the past when a large group like this has shared accomodations and everyone brought something, we have a wide variety of foods and WAY more than we could consume in a weekend.  Is everyone okay with this or would you be comfortable with knowing exactly what everyone is bringing?

If you like beer or wine please bring some along for yourself and some for sharing also.

I will bring along some of the staples - butter, seasonings for grilling, coffee.

Please contribute any other ideas or things you would like Leslie to pick up for us so I can get her a grocery list.

Tammy

TammyinGP

I also noted from the Miranda Garden website that there is a Miranda Market that carries fresh fruit/veggies and a variety of other grocery items, so even though we are sort of in the middle of nowhere, in a pinch there is a store nearby if needed. They also serve a continental breakfast in the mornings.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

This sounds wonderful!  Are Leslie and Shorty joining us for meals too?  I'd be more than happy to help Leslie shop when I arrive on Saturday.  I obviously won't  be able to bring much with me on  the plane, but maybe I'll bake some cookies!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

This sounds wonderful!  Are Leslie and Shorty joining us for meals too?  I'd be more than happy to help Leslie shop when I arrive on Saturday.  I obviously won't  be able to bring much with me on  the plane, but maybe I'll bake some cookies!

I'm trying to remember what Leslie said about that? I think she mentioned that they would join us Sunday night (and she volunteered Shorty for grilling?) and maybe just Leslie on Saturday night? Yes, Leslie - plz let us know what night(s) you'll be with us!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Why did I already do California?!

TammyinGP

I don't know Mike. I just don't know.

Mari/Enke - you guys have a LONG drive!  when will you guys be leaving? do you have an estimated arrival time? or know when you'd be coming through Grants Pass?

Tammy