Masters Running

Finally Friday, August 20, 2010 (Read 436 times)

Cranium - I like your new avatar, but miss the cuddly Lion.

The cuddly lion is still here, he's just hiding behind the cardinal.

I admit I am just reading this to get some enthusiasm to get out there and run.  I ran a difficult for me race last Sat., and still just feel tired and lazy and not motivated.  Need a kick to get going, and.  OK now - get going - Woodslady!
      Ok - just got back from a 2 mile hot run.  Felt not bad, and I am glad I just did it.   

Cranium - I like your new avatar, but miss the cuddly Lion.

The cuddly lion is still there, just hidden behind the cardinal.

Up at 4:30 to run at 5. Just six easy miles in comfortable temps.  Getting ready for our night practice.

...Nice going WoodsLady//.........always give it a shot........

=========

meself, MY NEW ADIDAS ADISTAR SOLUTIONS came in.............ohboyohboy

I have Visions

of Zipping Effortlessly around The UnLocked Track/////

and

won't risk being disillusioned

til I actually use them Sunday.

that's 72-hours of FantasyBliss!!!!!

I should buy new shoes every week.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

BlazinCajun

Woods Lady - way to go! You just did it! Keep up the good work.

Andrew
            ------------------
            God, my Lord, is my strength;
            he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
            and enables me to go upon the heights.
            Hb 3:19

evanflein

4.1 miles at lunchtime, nice and easy but I felt tired. Probably should've just taken the day off. Oh well. Like Woods Lady, I just went out there and did it.

I'm really looking forward to the weekend, but wish I felt better. Of all the things DH had to share, he could've kept this to himself.
                Why do I have this image of TW inhaling deeply as he holds his new running shoes close to his face?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Why do I have this image of TW inhaling deeply as he holds his new running shoes close to his face?

My thoughts exactly,  the new shoe smell can cause delusions of grandeur     

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Erika... nice hilly run yesterday!  Have you tried using Garmin Connect with the Elevation Corrections enabled? The elevation profiles from Training Center or RA Log are worthless.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Go to fullsize image
                      <font>Adidas adistar Solut...</font>
                      <font>JPEG</font> <font>600X400, 62.3KB</font>

........hey,

after I get 300 miles on 'em (in 7-8 years) I may EAT 'em.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

My favorite pair of shoes right now are Adidas Supernovas.  I got them because they were on sale for 50% off and they have been great.  Plus Adidas takes me back to when there were a lot fewer shoe choices and they were the main ones.

I haven't had time to do anything these past two days, let alone get in here and keep up with you folks.  Although I did see that graph, Mizz Erika.  SuWEET run!  Come down and do Headlands 50 (yes, that would be 50 miles).  Lots of climbing and beautiful views of the San Francisco Bay at times.  And I'd crew for you!

Been researching cars like crazy.  I'm becoming a car research web site.

The Hub finally went to the doctor.  Concussion and whiplash are the order of the week.  Muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories are the drugs of the day, with doses of massage at varying intervals.  I'm not certified, but I give a darn good massage.  He says things are just weird.  Can't concentrate, headaches, things seem to be a bit fuzzy.  He's off work until the start of his regular week on Tuesday.  In the meantime, it's falling to me to test drive cars this weekend.

I'm also suppose to get in 22 miles tomorrow and 12 on Sunday.  Suddenly I'm a bit tired.

Have a great weekend -

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

(((Leslie))).   I'm so glad the Hub went to the doctor.  hey did you end up getting sick?  (I've missed a lot too, sorry...)  Too much on your plate right now young lady.  Wish I had some good advice.  Good luck today & keep your priorities intact,(as in don't hurt yourself) ok?

It's not Sunday yet so tw is still zipping effortlessly, on his own personal track..  Smile     I'm doing that too!!! my new shoes don't get here until Thursday!    quite a week I'm going to have.  ;->

Woods Lady, good for you!  

Erika I wish you felt better too.   yes... Twin Cities, I'll talk more about it later today, I think. could use some feedback.

hmm, this was started this morning at about 5, but now it's half through the day.  guess I'll save the rest!