Masters Running

West Coast Wednesday Wakey Wakey (11-20-13) (Read 42 times)

Dave59

Occasionally I have seen references to something on Facebook and I think about looking some of you up there.  But asking someone to be a friend brings flashbacks of a girl named Lynne who nearly died laughing when I asked her that back in high school.  I finally did decide to send requests to the people I could find.

I just wanted to make sure you knew I have no problem if you want to ignore the requests.  Some people use Facebook for specific things and don't want it clogged up with ancillary stuff.  I use it mostly to see what Annabelle is up to down in Tallahassee.  (And now my daughter down in St. Charles, IL.)

Just don't laugh real hard when you ignore the request and I will be fine.

If anyone needs a friend and didn't hear from me, look me up (Dave Begley).

Yesterday, we babysat our grandson.  It was fun but there is a reason that mother nature doesn't let almost 70 year olds be parents.

Big grin

Dave - One can never have too many friends. Smile

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...DAVE//..........if you just opened your FaceBook account,

goto your Privacy Options, my email got hacked the same month I went on FB,

which

is why I'm OFF FB

==========

and

for no apparent reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQpp5LEEaj0

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave, we've got some good stuff going on FB.

TwoCat, I am very happy with my new Nexus 5 which is made by LG. In fact I'm using it now to post here.

Day off today and tomorrow but hope to be running again on Saturday.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

For no particular reason, has anyone ever run the Maine coast Marathon?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - I am happy to friend you, although I admit my FB presence is somewhat sporadic (depending on time constraints).  RA gets me first, and if I have time left, FB.  But like TomWhite suggests, it is a good ideal to make your settings fairly private...

Everyone, I have read but have no time to comment, sorry, but glad you were here for me...

5 easy-paced miles for me today, which was good, considering I apparently ran 607 miles yesterday....whew!...

those typos make me tired....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

I was glad you found me on FB, Dave. I use FB as a way to keep in touch with my family back home and my kids. I also enjoy the capability to share pictures on FB.

5 zombileks miles tonight. I neglected to take my headlamp with me, so the return home was slow.

Look at stumpy, plotting another marathon!!!!

Off to a concert now. It should be fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

I have two FB accounts, one where I keep clients and nosy family members or people from my home town who annoy me, and the other in the Spareribs name.  So Dave finally found me on the "correct" account and we are now friends. Happy to join him there.

But a word to the wise for you Dave, and others new to the site, echoing TW.  Go right into Privacy Settings and take all the time you need to sort through their non-plain English explanations of your rights, "who can see my posts, who can find me," etc. and consider it all. Next thing you know, everything you say is searchable on Google.  Believe me, it's worth the effort.

Make sure your password for your FB account is different from any other PW you have.  Number one rule!!

Rant over.

I made lamb vindaloo, naan and salad for dinner tonight, my first attempt at this dish. I used to work in England and their cooking is awful, as you know if you have eaten there, so many people go out for Indian.  Lamb vindaloo was the first dish I was introduced to and I fell in love with it. So happy it worked out.  Twocat, I even bought tamarind paste for the marinade!

Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good job ziggy on starting the daily, and making it to Safeway.
                    I would not have bet you would have made it.

nice caption too, especially for 3:30am
                    The day I sign up for facebook’ll be the day they make me run in running shoes, wear tights, get a gremlin, run when it’s snowing and I could be skiing instead, give up my dial-up or my flip-flop cell phone that work just fine, throw away my trail thongs, wear a wet-suit, get a tattoo or earrings, don’t train for marathons, swim triathlons cold turkey from the previous year’s swim, enter a 100-mile race on 58 miles of training in the previous four months, try to run a marathon in hard, inflexible Japanese wooden geta sandals or in flimsy straw waraji sandals, cloth jikatabi construction worker shoes with thin rubber soles, a jinbei happy coat and stupid-looking sugegasa straw farmers hat,  . . . oh, I already do that.   I”m not worthy but I’d like to be dave59's secret friend anyway so he doesn’t have to tell anyone.
                    Henry - there’s nothing wrong with regular walking.
                    Maybe try trekking poles.  As a lifelong skier, I thought they were totally stupid for hiking and walking but it turns out that trekking poles not only take pressure off hips and tender knees but somehow seem to make just walking a more legitimate endeavor, even walking a marathon in seven or eight hours becomes more highly regarded if you don’t try to look like a runner. When I see a regular trekking group marching around the Imperial Palace 5K perimeter at a slightly slower pace than the six hour-plus marathons I get to do over in Japan every once-in-a-while, I sometimes wonder who’s getting the most, or best, exercise. 
                    Prediction: ribs, and two-cat, and tramps’ll be as successful, if not even way more wildly successful, in their internet classes as they are posting herein. Incidentally, congratulations tramps. They are the lucky ones.

I know what selbs means about grandsons as I think I got more exercise running around the zoo when he was two-and-a-half instead of running that year's seattle marathon.  I don't want to jinx myself but there's a good chance that it might work out this year too, . . . but with a four-and-a-half year old bundle of energy this time. <<<(please/please)>>>  if so, i'll take a pedometer and compare.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

I know what selbs means about grandsons as I think I got more exercise running around the zoo when he was two-and-a-half instead of running that year's seattle marathon.  I don't want to jinx myself but there's a good chance that it might work out this year too, . . . but with a four-and-a-half year old bundle of energy this time. <<<(please/please)>>>  if so, i'll take a pedometer and compare.

I dare you to use a pedometer so see how much more you run around with a 4 year old!

Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard