Masters Running

Crim 10-Mile RR (long) (Read 323 times)

Great report Doug!  You described the course perfectly.  Yeah, you know it's bad when hills come with a name!!

It was great meeting you and the rest of the group and oh yeah, definitely great race!!

Amie

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
      Wonderful report and Congratulations on the newly minted PR! You are running and cycling strong these days and I hoped this race would deliver for you. Excellent!
      anachrotech

Congratulation on the PR !  Sounds like one of your best.
        dg.

Doug, like Liz, I'm grinning from ear to ear after reading your report (again).   This is just the best.    Especially after you'd accepted that your PR smashing days were behind you.   Big grin.         Congratulations on beating your injuries and coming back stronger than ever.   So happy for you.  

.... maybe next year I'll play too.   Smile

thanks as always for such a great report.

Wow, I remember you being on the DL for so long....incredible that all that cycling really paid off.  A PR after 10 CRIMS if I got that right, is just awesome!

One of these days I'll have to go Econo too, but right now I'm too slow for that.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Doug - AWESOME!!  Congratulations on a HUGH PR!  Well planned, well executed - sweet!  I also love the "unleashing the inner Econo" part......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."