Masters Running

Friday, June 6th Daily (Read 428 times)

King of PhotoShop

Ribs, Them's some high scoring games we seem to be trading, huh?
    I'm glad we split this series 2-2. I couldn't bear being enemies with you! We get the Rays next, now that Aamos' team has softened them up. Spareribs
      Wildchild, Good Luck with the Half tomorrow. It is something you will probably never forget. I am so glad Aamos came back with the good news. What a relief! I am hoping for a speedy recovery! 7 miles on the TM. Well, somedays you have it, and somedays you don't. Today I didn't have it. Even after two rest days. Go figure. It was 48F, windy and raining buckets so I hit the TM. I didn't get my favourite one underneath the blowers, and maybe that was part of the problem. I did a 2 mile w/u @ 5.6mph then tried my usual set of 2 to 3 reps of 2 miles at 7 to 7.2mph. I cranked out one set, then felt like quitting the whole workout. My HR was 173 at the end of the first set. I took it easy for awhile and thankfully an up"tempo" song came on so I managed another mile @ 7.0mph. It wasn't my legs, it wasn't my lungs, I think I was just overheated in there, and maybe a bit tired from waking up several times last night trying to find that bloody thing that was beeping every hour (it was a fan with an alarm on it!) good luck with the achilles, teresa, you'll be back and stronger than ever.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Vista: Thanks for the great start as usual. I have an NBA question for you, or anyone else who might know, that I do not know the answer to. Bill Walton (Portland and Boston) and son Luke (Lakers 2008) have now both played in the NBA finals. Have there been any other father/son duos to have played in the Finals? Bruce
        GREAT question and one I have pondered over for the last hour. Thanks for the distraction....lol. I had to go some searching in some books I have here and also checked a couple of web sites. I BELIEVE there have been 5 father / son duo's who have made the NBA finals 1. Rick and Brent Barry 2. Matt Goukas Sr. and Matt Goukas Jr. 3. Bob and Danny Ferry 4. Bill and Luke Walton 5. Joe and Kobe Bryant Some fathers are more visible in the lives of their kids (ie Bill Walton and Rick Barry) while some are a bit more "behind the scenes" as in the case of Joe Bryant. There is always the possibility that Karl Malone may have fathered a player or two who made it to the NBA finals, but we will never know unless DNA testing is done. He has a child in the WNBA and another in the NFL. Again.....good question and I may have missed a pair. I went out at noon (94 degrees) and ran 7.1 miles. The "warm up" was easy to do.
        Vista
          vista I imagine that was a pretty fast warm up! lol Teresadfp I know what you are going through! Baby it for a bit and you will be back. I found a number of post-recovery exercises at The Injured Runner for Achilles tendinitis. I have been doing them every since I was "cured" and it has never come back. Hopefully, the strength training (negative heal raises) is actually helping. Good luck with getting back in gear.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Survived the camping expedition with the 8th graders. Whew! Everything went fine during the two days, but last night was rocky. As the only rookie chaperone, I ended up with the only two kids on the whole trip who got sick in my cabin. One ended up in the ER overnight with a severe asthma attack, and the other barfed all over half the cabin - my half, naturally - during the middle of the night. Dead Would have preferred some sort of colleague-inspired initiation rite over this. No running, but lots of hiking yesterday. My glutes are really feeling the effects of the steep hills. And a couple of hours of canoeing this morning. Mine was the only boat that didn't get tipped, not for lack of the kids' trying. They definitely underestimated my skills. Wink Glad to hear things went well for Amy's DH. Also glad to see btb stop by. Craneium - what you did for your principal sounds like so much fun. I'm sad that neither of my schools has that kind of spirit or camraderie. Teresa - sorry about the achillies problem. Hope you heal quickly. It's in the high 80s and humid here. Not sure whether to wait until late this evening to run, to bag it and head to the shore this evening, or to get a shower and go to bed early so I can leave for the shore super-early this morning. Hmmm, that shower would be a blessing to myself and anyone who might be stuck near me . . . . . Good weekends, all Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the good wishes! Karin, the doctor mentioned pool running, so I need to see if I can do that at our Y. Since he said it should be only a week or so of rest, I didn't ask about other exercising. If I'm not pain-free by that point, though, I will have to call and ask. Twocat, thanks for the link! It looks like a great site and I've bookmarked it. I'm feeling more positive now - a little rest WILL be good for me. Now I have to go pick up my 7th-grader from his first dance ever. His reaction to it will be VERY interesting. He's still a chatterbox, so I know I'll hear all about it. Happy weekend! Teresa

#artbydmcbride

Thanks Vista! Good luck with the Grandfather Mountain Marathon, perchcreek, you are amazing! Smile {{healing vibes>> Teresadfp's ankle <healing vibes}} tetsujin, have fun at the festival and run. :d (body painting?) i'm still nursing some piriformis pain in my right cheek, but i'm planning to race again this weekend anyway. good luck to all racers! :) vibes}}="" tetsujin,="" have="" fun="" at="" the="" festival="" and="" run.="" :d="" (body="" painting?)="" i'm="" still="" nursing="" some="" piriformis="" pain="" in="" my="" right="" cheek,="" but="" i'm="" planning="" to="" race="" again="" this="" weekend="" anyway.="" good="" luck="" to="" all="" racers!="" :)=""></healing vibes}} tetsujin, have fun at the festival and run. :d (body painting?) i'm still nursing some piriformis pain in my right cheek, but i'm planning to race again this weekend anyway. good luck to all racers! :) >

Runners run