Masters Running

Wed Jan 2 (Read 691 times)

DH, have you completed your military service? Hope you have and all is well with your son. Have fun teaching chess.
    Thanks, Fran. No, I have not completed my military service. However, I hope to be just a weekend warrior for a two or three years. Then once more into the breach. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
      It was actually 4.1 but I know how Dark Horse hates those fractional miles.
      Well, I do hate fractional miles, but the other day on the treadmill, I would have stopped at a fractional distance due to pain except it was the last day of the year. Finishing the year with a fractional total is just ... well ... the enormity of such an atrocity boggles my mind. The effort of contemplating this idea is so draining that I must now lie down and rest. Dark Horse
      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        No run today, but I did my Pilates and gave some massages. I get to run tomorrow. Here's some healing vibes to everyone - let's get those knees, ankles, ITB, calves, and tummies all better. Here's god thoughts that Erika's dog shows up real soon.
        Have you got a flag?
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well, I do hate fractional miles, but the other day on the treadmill, I would have stopped at a fractional distance due to pain except it was the last day of the year. Finishing the year with a fractional total is just ... well ... the enormity of such an atrocity boggles my mind. The effort of contemplating this idea is so draining that I must now lie down and rest. Dark Horse
          Kind of like when a young engineer uses "392,842.61 pounds" to describe a seismic load that is based on formulas that are wild-assed guesses, lol.
            Kind of like when a young engineer uses "392,842.61 pounds" to describe a seismic load that is based on formulas that are wild-assed guesses, lol.
            Teresa that is exactly what I was thinking.

#artbydmcbride

5 miles (or thereabouts) with Dromedary. I think we did more talking and catching up than running. Smile {{Erika's family and missing doggie}} {{Dark Horse's ankle}} They do shoot them, don't they? {{biketm's calf}} Use ice!! No stretching! Spareribs, Bart Yasso emailed me too. Big grin

Runners run

Mariposai

7 TM miles tonight after work. Ran 2 miles w/u, 3 miles tempo at 8:53 and 2 miles cool down. I need to go to the store tomorrow to buy a fan for the TM, it is just too hot in the room. Greta discussion on tempo, MP pace and speedwork on Holly's thread. I learned so much about tempo run just reading the postings there.. why we do it, how to do it, when to do it, for how long, etc. So I may add that tonight was my best tempo run ever. It felt good. I felt that I finally know how to implement tempo runs in my training. Great job soundie on your LR. I am glad you had the chance to fit it in. Sorry to hear about the car mishap. cranium- ready for school tomorrow?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

solarmix11 falling into place. some highs and lows. 11:36pm. ok, 11:37pm. cold sweat dripping off my brow. fingers jittery and shaking. running shoes on the floor taunting me. they look so shiny... glinting the room lights. my precious is calling me... yes, we will run precious... yes, we will... ...if i run at 12:01am, then wednesday was still zero miles, right?.... 11:38pm...
                  Mariposai

Sun God...go to bed......(I hate to give you this order since I am impatiently waiting for solarmix11). DO not go for a run....you hear me???? do not go for a run at midnight........ Evil grin Just kisss your precious shoes good-night and go to sleep.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Enjoying MC's taper... almost as much as Holly's long run thread. I've always been confounded by intervals and such. Now I believe I don't really need to worry about them (thanks, Ribs!). I love doing tempo runs and MLR, and I think Hermosaboy offered the very good comment about 3:1's... I really need to work on not fading so much at the end, and I think those would help me immensely (on MLR's as well as LR's). Good stuff... if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. No dog. Called the shelter right at 11, went over there at 1... lots of sad looking dogs, but not my girl. DH printed tons of posters (just black/white) and I stuffed newspaper boxes all over on my way home. Tomorrow he'll do the roads farther West and North of the house. Ad in the paper won't run till Friday (I missed the cutoff by half hour). Not sure what else to do... feeling sort of defeated here. After my flier stuffing expedition, I hit the treadmill for 8 miles, ended up with 8.59 (sorry DH and Tammy) in 80 minutes, avg pace 9:19. It felt so slow, but I was using the HRM, and trying to keep a lid on the rate. I think my max is really high... cuz at 165 I felt fine and could sing along with my ipod. I've always gone on PRE, which sometimes seems a more "individualized" approach. But figured I'd see what it took to keep it in the mid-150's, then the mid-160's, how fast I'd recover down to 70, etc. It was interesting, but made for a longer session than I'd planned!
                      SteveP

Sue made it over!!!!! MarkGuy, I feel for ya. My days working are hit and miss and when it's been coming to a weekly work out plan, I'm getting a "Why Bother" mentality. Roll eyes
                        I have never owned a cell phone. Several years ago a boss offered to buy me a cell phone and pay for the service, but I declined. I knew he would call me all the time if I had a cell phone.
                        I worked in a hotel and was on call 24 hours. And that's when work would call. I took a week off togo back packing and my boss wanted me to take a cell phone. "What if we need to get a hold of you?", he asked. The relpy was, "Send smoke signals.". Nice Post JJJ. Erika, may your dog search be rewarded. Rest day. Went and cleaned snow from drive ways then went to visit Mom for a while. The company I had an 1.5 hour interview with has the position re posted. If I can keep the temp gigs going, an old boss promised me a position in late Feb - early March. Un Employment ends late Jan. Thrusday's a new day.

SteveP