Masters Running

The Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e June 15th (Read 245 times)

Tallies to follow...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:13 plus 2 mile walk Tue-Off Wed-1.25@8:52 Thur-Off Fri-2.25@8:20 plus walking Sat-5@8:00 Sun-6@8:02 Total=19.5 plus walking
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Mon.....chiropractor....done Tues....no run...........chiro again Wed....no run...........tried to jog run to the car. ..ain't happenin' Thurs...no run..........chiro Frid.....no run..........tried to jog tun out to the street...mmhh...not too bad. Sat.....3miles (we'll see)......no run I've decided to start back Mon or Tues... if all goes well Sun.....6 miles (we'll see)....no runs but did do some backyard xtraining work Smile Total.....0
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          Recovering from the flu. This is the sickest I've been since I had my gall bladder out 8 years ago. Taking it pretty much hour by hour; hopefully day by day at the end of the week. Monday - managed to drive home from the shore without getting sick Dead Tuesday - stomach settling down a bit, but still wiped out; cross-resting day in the a/c Smile Wednesday - managed a full day of school, solid food, and a 1.6 mile walk - whoo hoo! Oh, yeah, some yoga and pilates, too. Smile Thursday - fading again; too much heat? too much real food? rest day Friday - 2 hours of weights and pilates - sooooo good to feel my muscles again!! Saturday - ran today FINALLY Big grin 3 miles running + 1 mile walk Big grin Sunday - 3.5 mile run + 1 mile walk ; on to the HM training plan tomorrow Smile Eliz Cool

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Hope you're feeling better soon Eliz! It really sucks to be sick in the summer!! I'll have the house to myself for a few days before my trip, so who knows what mischief I'll get into... I don't know if I'll have any internet access after Saturday... Monday: 4 miles on the TM to try out new shoes; .8 mile walking Tuesday: 6.6 miles with 200m intervals, 1 mile walking Wednesday: 6.05 run, 8:26 avg pace; .3 mile walk c/d Thursday: 1.75 mile w/u, 1 mile race on the track, and 4.1 tempo (8:06 avg) miles afterwards, .6 mile walk Friday: 9 miles run @ 8:17 avg pace, 1 mile walking, random gardening... Saturday: Forced rest day? Fly to Honolulu (rest day sounds good, actually) Sunday: Hawaii running! 9.25 miles, 8:32 avg pace, some walking and lots of water! 41.75 miles running total, about 4 miles walking, 7 hours on airplanes.....
            pfriese

I'm still up in the PNW enjoying their cool June temps and running when I can.
              DayMilesComment
              Monday5.2 miles running - done 9:04/mile avg pace
              Tuesday15.4 miles running - done 9:23/mile avg pace
              Wednesday4.0 miles running - done 9:31/mile avg pace
              Thursdayrest day - done
              Friday14.3 miles running - done 9:19/mile avg pace
              Saturdayrest day - done
              Sundayrest day - done
              Total38.9 mile runningDone
              Paul
                May I jump in here and introduce myself: Fatozzig aka Leslie. Guess I'll dive right in: Mon - 5 @ 10:37 w/three 30 sec steep hill sprints Tues - Advanced Tae Bo (my butt still hurts a bit!) Wed - 5 @ 11:42 w/10 hill repeats (2 long, 3 short, 3 long, 2 short) in the middle Thurs - Strength/Core Fri - Long Run - 1.5 hrs/8.14 miles. Gorgeous morning. Sat - Trail Run - 2 hrs. - Terrible allergy day, other things went wrong, shorted myself by 15 min., decided it was time to just go home! Smile

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hi Leslie! I love your cat avatar! I love kitties...
                    Hey fattozig....welcome! This is a great spot to post your weekly plan...helps keep me on track.
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Thanks for the welcome. Evanflein - I have 5 black male cats. Love 'em to death! Just completed by first 50k trail run last month. Next Race: July 12, Siskiyou Out and Back (SOB) 50k.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks Gordon. two days of barefoot running last week (3.1 + 26.2 miles) warrants seven days of taperin’ this week. Leslie - welcome to the weeklies' trail/ultra division; don't forget to taper. Big grin (sundays?)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tet - I have a really good coach, and he has me all scheduled out through my race. So yes, there's plenty of tapering - and Sunday is "rest" day! Not so much this Sunday, however, as we will be painting our shed/my workout room.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, M.........Rest...................... T...........3 RCV.................6 W......... 6 GA ..................3 T...........6 RCV.................6 F...........8 MLR.................4 in the AM, 5 in the PM S...........3 RCV.................3 S..........14 MLR................15 total......40.......................42 JJJ
                            Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                            nowor

Welcome Leslie. Thanks again Gordon... M-babied a thumb sliced for Sunday night dinner T-2 mi on TM, 30 min strength work Wed-3 mi Th-one hour strength work AM; yoga PM Fr- 5 mi Sun-1.5 hr yoga Summary- 10 mi + gym stuff + yoga and the bleeding stopped