Masters Running

Wednesday daily run reports for June 16th (Read 525 times)

Mariposai

Aamos, I want some CD's I will pay postage

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Aamos, that is great music.  Can you copy them onto your computer as mp3, wma? whatever files first?  I'd be happy to pay the postage on a bunch of those.  We were planning on moving once so I boxed up a bunch of my favourite books and gave them to a friend.  Then we never moved and I always sort of wished I had those back.

Nice evening picture of Tet in his 5K race.

I know what  you mean evanflein about the crap stuff in the garage.  DH is building himself a rather large shed so he has somewhere to put even more of his usless crap valuables.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I don't know how the post office boxes work Leslie described, but I'm game.

Let me know what you want--but won't the postage be substantial?  They're heavy when grouped together!

Flat rate boxes--whatever fits, ships for one price.  I have used these regularly to send goodies and necessities to DD out in UCLA. 

For example

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB1) $10.70 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

should be able to fit a good number of CDs in one of those.  this message brought to you by your US Postal service

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

.....sue//.........I'm not really into handguns........grew up hunting with Shotguns meself....

.luckily we went hiking..........

...................2-hrs 90's.............a little discomfort,

but tried the Kinesio Tape

(thanks Sarge)

and it seemed to help.....

,,,,,,er,,,,,,

,,,,how long will this stay attached????

...........I don't want to get thrown out of the pool for TAPE hanging out of my trucks.......

it's not exactly where I can SEE it.

glad

I didn't order the DayGlow Green....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Today I ran 8.1 miles at lunch (took a long lunch break), mostly easy effort running but threw in several striders (20-30 seconds) in miles 5 & 6 at almost all-out effort. I think I was running mile race pace there for a bit! I lost track of how many I did, maybe 8 or 9? Was shooting for 10 but lost count. Those brought the overall pace down to just under 8 m/m for the whole run (mile 5 was 7:11 pace!). I don't do those striders often, and it was obvious because my pace was all over the place. But it was fun and a nice way to make the time pass on an otherwise longish unexciting run.

Nice run, W'be.

I tried some intervals this evening designed to help lower my 1600 time...ouch. But not too bad.

8x400 at 1:20/lap, 400 jog between each.

With WU and WD I did 7 miles overall.

Enke, Erika: Even by my "guy" standards of cleanliness, my garage (shop) is a mess. A hobbyist woodworker took a look at the disorder and wondered aloud how I could get any work done. I guess I have 'til the weekend to do Spring cleaning, right?

Walt

A Saucy Wench

Why didn't anyone warn me about how quickly my brain would deteriorate once I clicked over the 40 mark?    I spent 3 hours today trying to find my carkeys, apparently last night I threw them into the big smelly outside trashcan. OK then. 

MTA: our garage is impeccably organized.  It was the first "room" in the house completely unpacked and organized.  We have a 2 car garage that we manage to park 2 cars, an adult go-kart, a motorcycle, 3 adult bikes, 1 childs bike, 2 trikes, 2 skooters, a single jogger, a double jogger, a double bike trailer, a full size fridge, a mini fridge, a workbench and a full array of tools including a 20 gal(?) compressor .

It is a thing of beauty.

Don't come in the house though.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yeah for the kinesio tape, glad to hear it maybe helping  tom & I hope it stays on as long as necessary

wannbe thanks for the good news about DS 

A week straight of hot humid w/ 50 to 80% chance of T-storms everyday but only has rained 5 minutes, dry here    

7 miles at 9:00 pace,  it was tuff out there      

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Mariposai

Walter- I hear you. I kept telling myself that I got until spring to REALLY clean my house for graduation party...but...the party is this Sat. and I now have only 2 day to have the house clean to my-mama's-standard.

stumpy....you are just too funny.

I love it when the pirate is around here.

Erika...look at you sister...and you want to run Seattle and Seattle ghost with me...nononono way...my pace ave. 10 minute pace would kill you.

Since my original thoughts are formulated in my native language, then translated, by the lazy brain, in two other languages before it reaches the lovely and eloquent English language I always will need all the help I can get from people. so...I am for ever grateful to my editor. Just saying...just make sure you pay their editing price in gold...they are worth every speckle of gold dust. They make us writers look so darn good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Up early, ran early but no time to post...

Wannabe.. yay another pool runner!  I was doing alot a few years ago then stopped but last year Erika was adding pool running to her training and ran that strong PR in Boston. So I'm back at it.  Nice way to be aerobic when it's in the 90's!

Ran 4 miles in 40:10 in the 76° with 94% humidity this morning.  The leg felt pretty good and it's been three days running in a row with additional pool running Mon and Tues.... good combo.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I thought I posted here today, but guess not.  Or maybe I'm losing my mind. . . .

Anyhoo - Got in 9 miles with 6 hill sprints at the end in the predawn hours.

Aamos - You'll need to either message me here or email me at fatozzig at yahoo dot com.  I would love to help you unload your music.  It sounds like you have quite the collection.  I'm all over the board re music: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, Tony Bennett, classical music, jazz, blues, classic rock, easy listening, country  - I truly run the gammut.  Let's talk.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #3309

42 miles total tonight - 34 miles cycling to and from my new off road trail at the Muncie Res - 8 miles running through the weeds - ankle deep mud - steep uphills and steep down hills - 3 cool streams - bugs eating me alive (I won) - tree roots and logs I had to jump over - sand bar down to my knees - no one else even near (priceless)

Wow, I had no idea this trail was even there................an abandoned horse trail, that has still left it's mark. What a true Joy this was, and Holly................it was "almost" the same kinda trail at our 50K. There really was steep up and down hills - bunches of mud up to my ankles (loved the mud) - the streams allowed me to wash my legs and feet off (didn't care really)................muddy alll over, which made for a greta "almost" 4 hour workout.

This trail was very cool - literally, as it all was in the woods and cooler out.............just hope now I have not poison Ivy or such...................sigh, I fell super right now.

On my way cycling home, I rode back with a cycling Buddie of mine....he was riding super fast, as I was just tryin' to keep up...................Love My Cycling and Triathlete buds!!!

TimBo

PS: Trail runs and races rock.................yes Leslie, maybe I am on the "dark side" now  

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ran 4 miles in 40:10 in the 76° with 94% humidity this morning.  The leg felt pretty good and it's been three days running in a row with additional pool running Mon and Tues.... good combo.

....that is cool news Steve................really!

Tim 

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!