Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 2.5.18 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations KSA!  I'm very happy for Nick Foles....pretty classy guy.

I ran 5 miles after a long day at work.

And that's all I got.  See ya!

33 minutes of pool running. Starting week #4 of no running. Just saw something saying some stress fractures take 12 weeks to heal. Gack.

Erika - Was a stress fracture confirmed?

Surly - We still need a pic of what sounds like a really cool setup.

Liz - If I thought he'd go for an apnea test, I'd ask, but that'd be like pulling teeth, unfortunately.

1 hr of core/ST whilst watching "Call the Midwife." Not the most exciting series I've watched, but I'm liking it.  I was sweating like a pig by the time I was done.  It felt good.

Nite, all ~~ 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

KSA - congratulations. Nice for the rest of us

to have a connection to the Superbowl champs

through you.  Such a great history with your gramps,
        complete with news photo coverage for proof.

I wish you could have gone to this one too.

Do you have G-kids to take to future games?

My then 5-yo DD got front page coverage

in the local rag in 1977 desperate for stories

when she ran out to run the final stretch

with her by-then sorry-looking father

dragging himself to the finish

of his first marathon, . . .

I mean joyously sprinting, . . .

except for photo proof that I wasn't..

ps - I’m sure everyone else whose teams who have been bested by the Patriots in Superbowls past relished the Philadelphia win.  However, for us Seahawk fans who were beaten by Malcolm Butler’s last minute interception in SB XLIX, this year'd've been sweeter if Butler'd been played instead of kept on the bench, . . . or maybe best that he was on the bench. Smile

ps tom - ONE LEGGED SQUATS!

Did you join the Marines!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

33 minutes of pool running. Starting week #4 of no running. Just saw something saying some stress fractures take 12 weeks to heal. Gack.

Was this confirmed by a doctor? If yes, you are already week 4 into 12....be strong sistahhh.

Tetsujin, my son David also spent the whole day at the Immigrant Rights event in Seattle on Saturday. In fact, he called me just as "left Knee and I" were testing our recovery level saying that the event was just amazing. He was at the VIP event earlier on that day and being a former Immigrant Rights volunteer and being my son, I would like to take credit for...he changed suit into volunteer t-shirt and helped make over 2000 bagel sandwiches for people.

As for my butterfly wings, I did run 3 smile miles today at dusk, My 14 milnute miles went down to 13 today...hurrahhh. It was windy, but after 2 months of no running, walking, skiing, biking, etc. I welcomed the strong wing coming against my face. I spent most of the time praying for the many folks here and in my private life who is dealing with stressful situations.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Erika - Was a stress fracture confirmed?

Well, no I didn't do the MRI. I figured why spend $1,500 (and yes, I did a price shop comparison and that was better than the hospital imaging center) to confirm something I suspect is there. And the risk of misdiagnosis? It's something less severe than a SF. And I think I'm more on track for the 6-8 week healing since I think I caught it "in time," as in didn't run on it when painful, and if that's what it is, it's a tibial SF and the longer healing are those in the ankle, like navicular or other ankle bones. So... if it's not better in 2-3 weeks, I can do the MRI then. I just can't bring myself to pay that for an elective diagnostic test that won't really change the treatment protocol.

Marioposai, it's wonderful that you're getting out for some pain-free runs! I sure hope to be joining you in a few weeks.

bioguy

Easy 4 after work; set out a little late to do any farther.

SteveP

It's been going on for weeks and I figure the only way to end it is to get something.

Have you considered Batman shirts? I know a guy.

Cripes, I have van envy.

Hang in there, Erika. I know it stinks.

Mariposai, you post was such a joy to read.

Three miles.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Liz - If I thought he'd go for an apnea test, I'd ask, but that'd be like pulling teeth, unfortunately.

When DH got tested, they found that his blood oxygen level was getting so low during sleep that it was barely enough to keep his heart beating and a significant stroke risk.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...tet//.................don't be that Impressed,

it's Amazing what a person can do when there are No Other Options............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....