Masters Running

Sundaily, 4.1.18 (Read 41 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Jay, your friends sound pretty inspirational - hope they continue to do well!

Runner KSA - checking basketball scores during the service???  Okay, then...

Norm, congrats on your return to marathoning!

Bioguy - Assateague is a wonderful place - must be fun to run there!  I remember backpacking the length of the island with my college outing club many years ago.

Holly, gorgeous pictures!  I was also wondering why you didn't run on the beach!

Mike, congrats to Debbie!  And 34 people for dinner - wow!

Falcon, how long are you in Denver?  Any time to meet for a run?

I had the most awesome mountain trail run today!  17 miles on the Boulder Skyline Traverse, with 6600 ft of elevation gain/loss.  We tagged 5 peaks that make up the Boulder skyline when looking west - Mt. Sanitas, Flagstaff, Green, Bear, and South Boulder Peak.  It was 25° and snowing when we started, and 50° and sunny at the end.   I ended up with another 50 mile week!

Here's a picture of me on Bear Peak. We were above the clouds!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Runner KSA - checking basketball scores during the service???  Okay, then...

I followed Twocat in his marathon, during a service, once or twice.

Falcon, have a safe trip and sure hope that your assignment aligns with your ultimate plans.

Mike, tell Debbie great job! I would be terrified to do that since I am an introvert.

Wild, I wish I could run in the mountains sometime, it sounds grand. That was a lot of climbing. Did you post pics on FB?

hi Econo! Good to hear from you my friend.

I really think I would rather prepare one meal for 34 as opposed to 5 meals for seven.  I felt like I was spending a lot of time in the kitchen with just DD and three grandkids.  I hate to see them go but it is quiet now. Yesterday morning GS#2 won a big Easter basket with candy and a basketball and a soccer ball.  It was almost as big as him!  There must have been 400 kids plus parents inside the school and organized very well by age groups.

We had a bit of drama here that is still unresolved. MrStarr jumped off the wagon last fall and is spiraling out of control. He should know better but won't admit he needs to stop. My pastor even called me yesterday about him being under the influence at choir practice at 1:30. He stopped by the house and had a brief conversation with him and he behaved for the rest of the weekend.  Hopefully he will come to counseling with me or at least find a sponsor to talk to. Praise God that I haven't had a drop for almost six years!

After dinner MrStarr let the older two kids try to plink the BB gun at some tin cans from the deck. I asked for a turn and nailed it on the first shot. MrStarr was as impressed as the grandkids, kinda fun!

I got out for a 2 1/2 mile run/walk in chilly weather for an April afternoon, felt like 19*. I didn't even wear the splint on my arm but was careful and mostly walked. it has been nice to sleep without that thing on too.  Sure can't wait until it's healed.

We didn't get MikeE's snow but it's coming Monday and Tuesday, enough already....

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

I followed Twocat in his marathon, during a service, once or twice.

. Have done the same. Smile

No running here today, not exercise either. I have a written workout schedule from my PT , but I sure had a lot of fun cooking for our Resurrection Sunday dinner feast for 4 people. Dinner was bursting with flavors!

Wishing a successful week to us all!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Gorgeous picture,WildChild!

Well, I checked the score after I was back in the pew after communion and others were still filing up to the rail, and since Villanova was way ahead, I didn’t feel like I needed to look until the final hymn.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Waving hi back to Starr — I’m sorry to hear about MrStarr’s fall from the wagon, and hope he’ll be jumping back on board soon. Hugs!

I was very impressed the The Easter Bunny visited SteveP’s family!

Little Econo (now 25 and working part time and graduated from college!) and I had a quiet Easter with Herr Wegetarian. We saw the Hedy Lamarr documentary (it was very good) and ate pizza and voodoo donuts AND jelly beans afterwards.

5.2 1100' elevation gain

That hill behind Madonna Inn is taller than it looks on Google earth.

Pee'd in the waterfall, the giant clamshells are the SINKS in that bathroom.

Moonstone beach, Hearst Castle today. Perfect weather.

KSA, I know, right? wait until you run in them.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

SteveP

C-R!!!! Nice time on the marathon sir.

Fatozzig - your post made me smile.

Holly-I love the beach pictures.

Falconfixer - I would not mind the vigil mass. It's been made perfectly clear that I'd go solo. I know I'd fall asleep with out an well placed elbow.

Here's hoping Mr. Starr turns around.

We did a couple more Easter Bunny drops after church. Then I pretty much napped the rest of the day.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - stunning picture - sounds like an amazing run!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."