Masters Running

Sunday, April 20 Daily....."twas the night before Boston when......" (Read 564 times)

dg.

me too. thanks Bob. wtg Eliz!
      BEAUTIFUL
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

MAN, I'm so glad I didn't run this morning, 'cause I might have missed the Amy and Bob pics tonight! WOW! I'm so thrilled for everyone in Boston -- best wishes for tomorrow! Tonight I ran 7.75 mi with the dog, first time ever going more than 4 - 4 1/2 at night. It felt like quite an accomplishment. I must admit, all I thought about was booze though most of the run, and how much I'd want a drink afterwards. But, I'm on a 6 week lose weight kick, so no drinking for me, but I did have a sip of husband's grapefruit margarita when I returned. Then, he opened up a young coconut for me, which really, is a much better post-run drink than just about anything! Eliz, congrats on your 8 mi accomplishment! Fantastic! So, I guess the OD 10 Miler is easily within reach now as you're all trained up. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

seemomgo

Beautiful!! Thanks Bob. You are really the best! Amy sure is a cutie pie!
            Bob Priceless. She sure has a smile. eliz, congrats on the 8, My day started by watching the trials, Great finish! I then prepped everything and got my ribs cooking because it takes 4 to 5 hours. My sons going away party is today. So I didn't get out the door for my 20 miler until 1 Pm. The good news is it was sunny and 75 the bad news was it was sunny and 75. My wife met me at about the 12 mile mark to replenish my water and gatorade and it was nun to soon. I only carry about 20 oz and that was just enough to get me there. I was feeling the effects of the heat and knew the last eight where going to be tough but after filling my bottle headed back out and on my way. I decided to try a gel at this point since I had some liquid and did so at the 16 mile mark. I ran out of gatorade by mile 17 and the final 3 were pretty brutal. I was looking for an outside tap on some of the buildings I passed but everyone I found needed a key to operate. I was pretty desperate for some water by the time I finished up. Next one I need a better plan I think. The numbers were as you might expect I met my wife at mile 12 and was averaging 9:45 per mile by the end my average was 10:09 per mile so no negative splits today. total was 3:22:00 . I'll take it! Then back home and entertained people for a few hours and finally a chance to sit down and read the daily. I am so jelous of all the boomers in Boston. After todays run I also have a little more respect for all their ability. good runs everyone

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

while waiting for pictures of two Wenatchee goddesses, I got to see two angels in Boston.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

((bob)) that's a beautiful pic of you and Amy!! wish we took a pic together sipping our coffee in the North End!! today was great!! so glad to meet you and then the rest of the group!! we had the pre-race dinner with holly, her dh, tim and family, pbj and family.......pbj's children are delightful!! unfortunately it was cold and windy where we were so we didn't end up spending a lot of time together but i am so thankful for the time we did!! hope to see some of you wooshing by me at the finish line!! and my retreat...........amazing!! i feel so renewed and inspired and am so happy i went!! enjoy the race tomorrow whereever you may be!!

denise

GreenMan

Congrats Eliz!!! Great picture Bob. The Iron Mt group had about 14 runners today, 9 miles with 1500'+ gain/loss. From the DAMascus caboose north on the AT and back on the Iron Mt trail. Beings how it is so close to summer, some of us elected to do a full ice bath in the creek. Afterwhich, we retired to Bella's Pizzas and Subs in Abingdon, as oppose to the Al-jazerah Pizzeria in DAM(no suds license), for our first business meeting. First, we changed our name to the Iron Mt Dead Guys. Then elected a president, or Capat Corpus. And a webmaster. JJJ
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                  dg.

morning all. I'm late to the gym but had to send good wishes to the boston bunch. didn't want to be the thread starter today! good luck ,have fun, best of everythign to all of you!!!!!!!!!