Masters Running

Thurs 12/13.....over the hump (Read 368 times)

I got done with my bank appointment in time to get about 1 hour to myself.

Argh! That is a good argh BTW.I felt great tonight! If I was running a race I'm sure I would have PR'ed. I figured I'd get a little speed work in.

After a warm up I ran 9:30 pace for.4 mile,finishing with another .1 at 8:30 pace. I did this for 2 miles

Then I ran 9:00 pace for .4,then another .1 @8:00 pace,I did this for the next 3 miles.

Finished with a 1/4 mile at 7:20 pace.

I felt like I could have done the entire workout over again if I had time. I didn't want to stop running,just no time to keep going. I felt like I wasn't even winded.

I love days like this.

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Side planks suck.

3.4 miles easy, the first run since the marathon.  I was hoping to run as many miles as last year, 1666, but I realized today that ain't happening.  It's been a rough year but I'm grateful to be healthy.  I was whining about my marathon time, 4:28 something, to an occasional runner today and she said, "Are you kidding?  It would take me about 6 hours."  So I'm grateful for the ability I have.  If I keep saying it, maybe I can convince myself, right?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

Side planks suck.

3.4 miles easy, the first run since the marathon.  I was hoping to run as many miles as last year, 1666, but I realized today that ain't happening.  It's been a rough year but I'm grateful to be healthy.  I was whining about my marathon time, 4:28 something, to an occasional runner today and she said, "Are you kidding?  It would take me about 6 hours."  So I'm grateful for the ability I have.  If I keep saying it, maybe I can convince myself, right?

you can't use that as your flimsy excuse not to do the plank challenge in January. 

Tet, I was thinking one challenge per month so that it wasn't overwhelming to anyone because this would be a challenge to incorporate into whatever everyone's personal running goals are as well. But if you'd like I'll come up with a trio of challenges just for you Wink

and I was thinking that maybe switching things up each month would add some welcome variety and keep people interested. and if there was one month that the challenge is something that someone really doesn't like, then it's not a biggie to bow out for a month and rejoin the next time.

and now that I'm thinking of it, did I just steal your idea Holly?? I think you mentioned the plank challenge and then my mind just got to reeling about other challenges and trying to spicen things up for next year.

Tammy

Fanilow

Good evening everyone! I really enjoy reading the dailies. Keeps me inspired. A little over 3 for me. I walked a lot of it, which isn't like me. Im not a good afternoon runner, better in the mornings.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

C-R

I like the idea of a plank challenge. I'm in.

TC = another devious elder. Who da thunk it.

Roch - I like your friends attitude. Hope he gets better soon.

A nice little 10k tonight. Now for some work and then some sleep.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

I vote for Jag Bombs in January...wait, did we already go through this?

Marathon Maniac #3309

That's a good list, Timbo.   Dianne is a newer runner? I guess I wouldn't consider someone who has run 11 marathons, with 4 of those being this year alone, a new runner?

I think you know more about her than I do - lol. I met her when she ran Indy and Columbus back to back and BQ'ed both.....she told me she was a new runner. I have a feeling she means a late bloomer, which I consider myself not starting running till I was in my late 40's

I guess "new runner" is all relative. Tammy, there is also a FB friend of mine,  Danie Mat (the bikini gal) She didn't start running till the fall of 2011, and has now run like 20 marathons and has BQ'ed many of them...she says she's a new runner also (she has nice pictures) Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tammy, is six hours a good enough excuse?

you can't use that as your flimsy excuse not to do the plank challenge in January. 

if you'd like I'll come up with a trio of challenges just for you Wink

thanks tammy.  Can one of them be the hot tub?

timbo - I will start hating you again if, in the middle of December, you post any of your girlfriends in bikinis.

mariposai - maybe give me a call if you have any time in Seattle before departing for SA tomorrow.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I was thinking that maybe switching things up each month would add some welcome variety and keep people interested. and if there was one month that the challenge is something that someone really doesn't like, then it's not a biggie to bow out for a month and rejoin the next time.

I think this is a good idea.  What are some ideas you have for different challenges?  I'm thinking planks one month, push-ups the next, squats the next, crunches the next, wall-sits the next......then maybe pack to planks?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

timbo - I will start hating you again if, in the middle of December, you post any of your girlfriends in bikinis.

Well, it is the middle of December..............I doubt you will hate me tho. Here is my good marathon maniac friend.....(along with milk) guess running really does do the body good Smile

She just finished running 7 marathons in 10 weeks.....I think she has ran 28 marathons since she started running in the fall 2011, and has qualified for Boston many times.

Me and Danie kid around about how both of us are the least clothed people on face book Smile

When Donna ended things with me like she did, and when Danie found out about it....Danie sent Donna a message on face book and said - thanks Donna, Tim now gets all of this (showing her the second picture below) Donna told me she didn't like Danie much  Big grin

Hate away Tet............but love you my barefoot nemesis

- danie 1

. danie

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tim - did danie have a sister or cousin wearing the same kind of white bikini, if not less, in the June 2003 Ironman Coeur d'Alene?  It doesn't have anything to do with why I don't do them anymore but that's the year they imposed the rule about "shirts and shoes are required on the bike and run courses." .

I told her she could comply by tucking a shirt into her bikini like I carried a pair of aquasock "shoes" in my fanny pack to show them I had shoes with me on the bike and  run courses if they stopped me and asked (which they twice on the bike and once at the end of the marathon) but she said she'd rather not wear anything at all. Maybe by January when I get back from a busy upcoming trip to Japan, I'll figure out how to post it, . . . the bikini one, that is.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)