Masters Running

40's + on the run....new week/newruns.... (Read 461 times)

jfa

Wishing Arla a cool, dry, day, I think she can handle the rest!!!Smile
    Me too!! Interesting stuff Jim. Don't worry,the runnining will come back to you,if you don't rush it. Nice run Mr + Mrs Evryday! Jewels- good thing you're a hard working student with that schedule! Do they have Nautilus machines at your gym? They're great for improving flexibility. To answer your questions, Buddy walks into the 35* ocean in Jan and Feb. He really doesn't care .On our lr last Sun, he was pissed the ponds were frozen over. We tried boots on him last winter when it was single digits. He walked like a clydsdale (very funny) and managed to shake them off in less than a mile! Don't see boots or cute little sweaters on those Iditorod dogs, and Buddy never complains about the cold. Smile

Hey gang, just a quick stop by.... Arla can be tracked while running. Emails or text messages can be sent to you as she makes her way through the course. You can go here to sign up. http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=WdwMarathonDetailPage&bhcp=1 If this link doesn't get you there, google the Disnesy World marathon and go to the home page. Go to spectator resources and it'll guide you.... If I can navigate through to it, anyone can!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Easy 2.8 to give me over 18 for the week, highest since early fall. Cutback week is probably in order.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Shoutin' back atcha Jewels. Jim,,,yes, "your weather" blew in last night. Winds up to 40+ mph. It cooled off quite a bit. But today is not too bad. Relatively light wind and about 40 something. Hope Lynda gets to feeling better. "Hey" to everyone else out there. 6 easy miles this afternoon @ 11:04 pace. Later, my friends.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Thanks for the info on Arla, Ev. I'll have to check that out later. Farmer Jim - What you do never ceased to interest me. Thanks for sharing so much info. Joe - Buddy = Clydesdale. Too funny! Jewels - Every once in awhile something goes haywire in my brain and I think, "Maybe I'll take a class somewhere." But I just lay down for a bit and things go back to normal. Wink Question re the new log page - Today was my first time running since the changes. My "pace" doesn't show up there next to the time. Anybody know a quick fix?? Hit the trails for 8.25 miles today. Did much better than I anticipated, although my HR got up there pretty good a few times. The ankle is definitely sore after the run, but the rest of my feels great. It is absolutely gorgeous today - suppose to be a high of 68 . . . somewhere, which is a nicer temp than we get during the summer months. Just goes to show that Mother Nature does have a warped sense of humor. So I have to share what happened today while we were running. Okay - my buddy, Karen, is speaking at a friend's memorial service this afternoon. This woman was one of her best friends, and she died the day after Thanksgiving at the age of 47 from lung cancer. Never smoked a day in her life, but grew up in a smoking household. That's the background. So Karen's been nervous as heck about talking, and worrying that she'd start crying. Told her, so what? Gives you a good excuse to inject some humor by saying, "Hold on folks. I need to blow my nose or there'll be snot everywhere." Keep it simple, keep it the happy memories, and take deep breaths whenever you need to. Don't drink any dairy or caffeine beforehand, wear flats so you're not trying to bawl and balance on heels, wear waterproof mascara. So at one point in the trail, she has to use the bathroom. No problem, that's why we carry baby wipes and baggies. About an hour later, we caught up to our coach and we're all running together. About half an hour after that, she has to go to the bathroom again. Bill and I walk a little ways ahead to give her privacy. We're standing there talking AND we're downwind of her. Yeah, not a good place to be. Dang, girl! What the heck did you eat?? Pretty soon I hear, "Leslie, can you come here." Well, in all her nervousness, she has diarrhea and needs extra wipes. I tell Bill to go on if he wants, we're gonna be awhile, and he leaves. Then she says, "I need help!" She didn't look real well before she squatted, and consequently there were some fern fronds in the wrong position when she went to the bathroom, and while she's trying to clean up, the fronds, which now have poo on them, keep hitting her! She has poo on her shirt, up her backside, and every other way. I'm trying my best not to laugh, but it's impossible. She ends up having to strip her shirt off, and she turns around and I'm having to wipe various places on her backside where the fronds have smacked her, and in the midst of this, Charlie, her dog, decides he's going to walk through where she just went to the bathroom, and the fronds hit him in the face! I swear, there was poo everywhere! It was hilarious, and it provided the laugh she needed. Luckily, she had a jacket with her that she was able to put on, we got Charlie wiped down, too, stepped back into the trail, and there's some guy standing there with lime green sleeping bag over his head. Just standing there. I had seen him walk toward us, but he stopped just on the other side of the stump we were working behind. Charlie instantly goes into the defensive mode, and the guy's all, "Hi!" O...kay... We hoofed it out of there sort of quickly. Cripes - what a welcome back to the Arcata Forest!!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

All righty then.....How about those Ravens? Big grin fatozzig....your workout page shows your run....8.25 miles @ 14:35 pace. When you log in a new run, plug in the miles and the duration. The pace will automatically show up right next to the duration. At first the pace is not shown, but as soon as you plug in miles and duration it shows up. Looks like its working, I think.

Ultrachick

Leslie-you have the best adventures!!! LOL!!! Holy sh!! Literally! Poor Karen....wonder how the service went. I'll catch up with you all later, Kelly
                If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
                  Leslie-you have the best adventures!!! LOL!!! Holy sh!! Literally! Poor Karen....wonder how the service went. Kelly
                  " You know, a funny thing happened to me on my way to the funeral service today...." I'm tracking Arla....she's apparently passed mile 5 and cruising. MTA OK...she's passed mile 10 and has picked up the pace considerably. I would expect the earlier miles to be very crowded and perhaps she's now getting some room to run. MTA Arla has passed the 1/2 marathon mark. The pace appears to be evening out now. Overall pace is just slightly faster than it was at mile 10.
                    Morning..... Thanks for keeping us posted on Arla's race Evryday! She's doing great! Way to go Jim on an 18 mile week. That's great! Thanks for all the answers to my questions on pesticide. Didn't realize how involved it all was. Joe, not sure what kind of machines they are! I'm enjoying it though, I'm hoping it will help me become stronger all over and benefit my running! Buddy is a tough one! Leslie, glad your ankle held up for the most part on your run. Way to go....now that is a "poo" story if I ever heard of one. Holy crapola! Shoutout to everyone.... Enjoy your Sunday, Jewels
                    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                      Arla has passed mile 20 and the overall pace continues to quicken. I have a good feeling about this, folks.

jfa

Morning Folks!! Gooooo Arla !!!! Very funny story Leslie, scatologically speaking! Going to be a nervous wreck around here until, oh about 4pm.....Not only do we have Giants vs. Eagles, but for the 1st Sunday since 11/2 there will be no long run for me today. My reward for riding mass transit this week was to catch a case of the crud!!Yuk!

scatologically speaking!
                          Big grinBig grin Arla has finished!!!!! Can't wait for the RR. Get well Joe. Going out for long run.....hope to be back to watch most of the game...may miss the first quarter or so.

jfa

YEEHAAAA!!!! Arla's a MARATHONER!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo.....way to go Arla! Jewels
                              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

flatland mountaineer

Yay Arla!!!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III