Masters Running

Hills? What Hills? Holly's Boston Run (Read 506 times)

It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm, the crowds were simply amazing, and I suddenly felt FANTASTIC, my heart bursting with the joy of the day.  

Your quote says it all, Holly. And we can see from the your pictures you look like you were really enjoying the day. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I know your time wasn't what you were hoping for, but a big congratulations on running ANOTHER Boston!

Good report and great marathon, Holly. You were very consistent in your pace times, and are always consistent in being so upbeat and friendly here in the forum as well as in real life. I hope you have many more of these experiences ahead!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Head Procrastinator

Holly,

It's about time Big grin

Now.....you have really come so far since you first showed up on CR. Look at that pacing!

I liked your goals, you set them and stuck to them and enjoyed the experience.

I can't see the pictures from work but will come back from home.

It was fun hanging with you, glad I made Steve go home from Robin's alone to hang with the girls Sunday!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

great splits Holly and great race report!!  you definitely came to Boston prepared and rocked those hills!!

I had so much fun spending time with you and the rest of the RA/KR gang and loved preparing those little bags for you and Erika .......and I definitely think I saw you around mile 22 but there was this big hunk of a marine in the way

congratulations on a well run race and an awesome weekend!!

denise

coastwalker

Hi Holly,

Excellent, excellent, excellent: The report, the pictures, and especially your well-run and evenly-paced race. Whether it was your fastest race or not, it seems clear that this year's Boston will be a race (and weekend) to remember!

Congrats!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Great RR, Holly.  There were hills, but you took them in stride, just as you did the rest of the course.  You treated Boston the way I think it should be--a celebration.  We had a nice day for it, didn't we? Sorry I missed you at the Athlete's Village.  There were two sections; I was in the one with the long port-a-potty lines.  I stopped by an information booth but it must have been the wrong one.  And then I go t to the start late, so we didn't connect there either.  Maybe we can try again in 2012.

Good luck at the Air Force Marathon.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Yeah Holly! 

You are smiling in the pictures and the hills were no biggie and you really enjoyed the whole marathon and you beat last year's by ALOT!  Pretty perfect if you ask me Smile 

The three parties sure were enjoyable!  Good to see you again and share your great experience.  That's the way to do Boston!  Congratulations!

Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Hurray! A great report, great race, and a great few days through and through. The photos are terrific and your smile(s) in both tell the story.

Okay, so my threat about pushing the pace next week was perhaps empty, but I am glad you posted a report. You are a strong runner and that's clear from how you approached your training as well as the race tactics. You also challenge yourself and work at new races (like ultras) with determination and enthusiasm.  Call Dibs all you want folks, but I get to run with her twice next week. Neener, Neener!

Brava Holly!

SteveP

Your attitude and your RRs are so much fun!!! Thanks Holly

SteveP

Holly- I'm not going to give you a hard time about taking so long to write your race report; I'm just not going to read it for a week.

On a serious note, it can always be considered a success when you cross the finish line of any race with a smile on your face. I am so glad you enjoyed your Boston experience. Your race report (when I read it) shows what a great time you had and how much you enjoy the company of the RA folks. Well done Holly (next week).

What a good time and race you had, holly.  You met all three stated goals, had a good time with friends, and finished with a big smile.  Congratulations.

TomS

Great report Holly!  It was a blast seeing you again!  I agree the hills are not that big a deal, especially for those who live in a hilly neighborhood.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Great report Holly. So glad you had a great race and a great time in Boston.

dg.

Holly, your comment to (not so) Slo today reminded me that I hadn't responded to your report!    I'd thought the same thing about you that you did about him.   Hmm, not a very good sentence.    The point is, those are strong steady splits at a good pace for someone that was not really pushing it. 

Everytime I read this I have to smile.   :" I just got comfortable, running without looking at my Garmin anymore, and tried to soak it all up.  It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm, the crowds were simply amazing, and I suddenly felt FANTASTIC, my heart bursting with the joy of the day".    

This was just great.   You did not have an easy winter, the weather was challenging, and then on top of your normally totally crazy schedule you had tax training & extra work.     You ended up with a good race, un-fazed by the hills, and exuberant.        I'm so happy, you really earned this.   WTG!     Big grin