Masters Running

Friday, May 14th Daily Run Report.....Weekend in sight! (Read 515 times)

For those of you who may have missed it, Sans Souci's Grand Canyon R2R2R run is posted in it's own thread.  Good reading ....  the pictures and videos clips are cool too.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

wildchild

Carolyn

4.8 trail miles at lunch, 10:50 avg pace. I saw a huge snake on the trail,  probably a  bull snake. I gave it a wide berth.  I also waited to warn 3 people who were walking behind me,  because they were chattering away and might not have noticed it till they were right on top of it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

A botanist friend of mine once said "a weed is just a plant whose virtures have yet to be discovered."

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Yeah, I'm still trying to find the virtues of a few of the things growing in my yard.

Thanks for posting Souci's adventure on RA, bYll. It truly is a wonderful read and a run to remember.

4 miles on the elliptical in 32 minutes, exactly. Better than Monday's and last Friday's workouts. All on the same machine. I guess it just reflects my energy level at the time...

dg.

The last planting bed I put in (a neighbor gave me lots of sandstone so why not?) was along one side of the garage.    I didn't want to spend much money... had perennials I could divide, & besides...   there were perfectly good plants growing around the yard that some would consider weeds.    I transplanted those, and all inspired I carefully brought home weeds growing at work... they're really cute.  Look like miniature snapdragons.    They sure like the spot.    !!!!!!!!    All I can say is, be very very careful.      

all that & I still ended up buying lots of things.   The farmer's market can be dangerous.   

Enke, my backyard sounds a lot like yours.   Last year at the gym while ellipticalling I saw a 'home show'... some landscaper that traveled & worked magic transformations for people.    They moaned about their yard but she said it was perfect.... moss & creeping charlie!   it made my day.   besides some plantain (& dandelions of course but I dig them up)   & I am (uh, my yard is) textbook perfect. 

How are you?   I know you said tired today... but you've sounded really good lately.  I really hope the med change is helping.  

Holly, you don't need to cut the grass to fit in the gardening goddess group.   I'm remembering your project which I think was at the old house.   something about having to haul things .. maybe  a wheelbarrow?  over a fence. something like that.   geez.

TomS.... have fun this weekend!    Good luck to Sandy!!

Ugh. Yardwork. I grew up mowing lawns for extra money and can't stand doing it now. My neighbor's kid mows my lawn, I pay him, no problems. I now regard yardwork as a waste of good nap time.

7.8 miles, easy.

Nono? Tramps? What's up?

Walt

Maniac 505

I live in a high rise condo,  I don't know what yard work is???

No run today, but the day was so beautiful that I broke out my rode bike for the first ride of the season. 20 or so,  20 miles on the schedule for tomorrow.

wildchild

Carolyn

<whine on>  Grrr... it's snowing again.   Or maybe I should say, still...

Forecast:

Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 PM this evening to noon MDT Saturday...

nt_snow

Tonight

Snow. Isolated thunderstorms early in the evening. Accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Lows 22 to 30.

snow

Saturday

Snow showers likely in the morning...then a chance of rain showers...snow showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches. Storm totals of 5 to 10 inches. Highs 35 to 45. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

This is getting waaay old.  <whine off>

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

oh Carolyn, that is just so wrong. I'm sorry.

I will not even complain one bit about how warm it might be for my 10 a.m. race tomorrow.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The other things I'm looking at is the Mayor's Marathon on June 19

It would be interesting. Midnight Sun Run 10k at 10 pm. It would work

do it do it. they already put you in the paper. me too but a long time ago

it's a gradual ascent from Bartlett high and down along Chester Creek to West high

one little hill at the end. pretty nice otherwise too

===================================

ps - how come there's snakes in snow?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

wildchild

Carolyn

ps - how come there's snakes in snow?

That made me smile, Tet!  The snake was down in town, where the precipitation has mostly been just rain.  The snow is above about 8,000 ft.  Unfortunately, I live higher than that. 

Tammy, you can totally complain about the heat, especially on race day!  Hope it's cooler than predicted.