Masters Running

Monday, Monday. 01 June 2009 (Read 374 times)

Mary - I'm so sorry to hear that.  If it helps, I teared up reading your post.  Take care of yourself.  Sometimes a good cleansing cry makes a world of difference.

Rest day today.  The calves feel alittlebitbetter, but are still tight, tight, tight.  Think they are calling for some private time with the heating pad and then the foam roller.

Sewage back up here at work today.  Yuck!  First it smelled like,well, sewage, and now it smells like bleach 'cause after the clean up they bleached it to kill the bacteria.  Between feeling nauseous from the sewage and having a headache from the bleach, this is turning out to be quite a fine day, indeed.

. . . . indeed . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Mary - that is so sad!  I'll be curious what the autopsy shows - maybe some sort of heart defect. ?

that just breaks my heart.

Tammy

Hopeful4ever.   I am sooooo sorry, and feel for you and the new owners too.  I have enjoyed all your sweet photos, and have followed the puppies lives.  What a shame. 

TammyinGP and Johnny too.   Did Econo tell you that she is doing the Gold Rush half marathon on Sat.?   Probably she did.  Anyway, I am doing the 5K, and DD1 will probably do it too!  Will we see you there?   Will we be able to have lunch afterwards?  Hope to see you!  Can't seem to find out  much about the race on Internet.   Any hints about what the 5K course is like?

Ribs, yes, when I have my dog with me on the leash, my time is quite a bit slower.   Usually, though, I am on the woods trail, and he gets to run free ahead of me to chase off the other animals.

I took two days off on the weekend, but  today went to paved track, and started C25K, week 5, plus did some additional walking, and running, and did well.  I spent almost forever on "week 4", but finally am able to graduate from that.  I started off tired, and wondered how I would get through it, but once into the first 5 min. interval, limbered up, and really enjoyed the run.   Happy with that.

Woods Lady

TammyinGP

Hi Woods Lady!

Econo did tell me she was coming down for the HM but did not tell me the big surprise that you and her sister were also coming! whoo hooo!!  I don't think John will be there though - unless he makes an unannounced arrival - but I know he's not running it.

I wish I could have lunch with you guys afterwards - as it is I'll be very pressed for time to get back to GP. My son has his last football game that morning starting at 10:15, and with a start time of 8 a.m. for the HM, I anticipating getting done around 10:15-10:25, and will then scurry back to GP to catch whatever I can of his game. I'm running 20 miles that morning and plan to do my first 7 before the HM starts, so I think the last 4 miles or so of the HM, which will be miles 16-20 for me, will probably be pretty slow.

The 5K is an out and back and I think it's fairly flat. I'm not too familiar with this area, so I'm hoping the HM course isn't too hilly.

Tammy

Mariposai

MaEcono, it is so much fun seeing you train. Good luck on your 5k this weekend.

Do you want my recipe for a successful 5k?

run the first half with your heart...

and the second half as if your hair was cought on fire

My first tai chi experience was hummmm relaxing.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

{{{{Mary}}}}

WoodsLady, you need to run with my dog on leash.  Picture yourself as Gumby flopping behind Renee, in my avatar.  Yep.  She's my "motor." 

First day of marathon training...no run! Ha -- what a slacker plan!  So, it was yoga, foam roller, short slide board session, etc. etc.  Somehow my "off" days seem more complicated than my running days.  Modern times!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

Oh, my - here's the weather forecast for Black Hawk, CO, the nearest town:

Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms in the evening.   Rain or snow showers likely overnight. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches.   Lows 28 to 36. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.

Tuesday: Rain and snow likely. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs 41 to 51. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tuesday Night:  Rain and snow showers likely in the evening... then a chance of snow after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Snow level above 8000 feet. Lows 28 to 34. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

WTF?  It's JUNE.  And I live well over 8,000 ft.     Oh, well, it'll melt quickly.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, my, Carolyn, teaches me to complain about Maine springs!

Editor:  Mariposai  I am sorry but Twocat cannot give you any additional details.  He used up his one post in the last post.  He is back in lockup.  I would try to get him a lawyer but his posts have not been selling well.  In fact, nobody has ever paid him a dime for them!  Sad but true.  I would see about having Econo help out, but she said that she really dislikes me so I doubt I would have any luck at getting her to listen to me.  I fear Twocat will just  have to live with a public defender and they are quite overloaded at the moment.  On the other hand, an arson case may be significant enough to get somebody's attention. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Well, I'm a little mystified by the posts today.  Nono tells Ma Econo to put me on a leash and Twocat whines to his editor that I won't help spring him from jail and he needs a public defender (but hasn't asked Aamos yet??)... Give me some time to figure this one out. 

Hopeful, the puppy picture is so sad and yet so adorable...

Holly!  This means you have to run 2181.6 miles in 2009!  It is your destiny!

Renee the dog

Well, I'm a little mystified by the posts today.  Nono tells Ma Econo to put me on a leash

Hey hey hey.  I qualified which Renee. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

SteveP

(((((Mary))))) poor Edward

Thanks for the picture Craneium!!! Cracked me up.

DD#3 works in the only bank in a town of less than 1,000 people. She has often heard "You must be Micelle's daughter"

DW, Tag and I went out for a couple of miles. DW and I got to the river and Tag was shoulder deep already.  I'll post flower pictures later. Maybe some one can help identify them. Nature's wonder are very kewl.

SteveP

TammyinGP

Ma - like you, I also could not find much on the web regarding this race - other than what is already printed up on the registration forms. But in looking at the course for the 5K, 10K and HM courses, most of it is running parallel to I-5 on the frontage roads, so it'll be fairly flat. Maybe a few rollers here and there, but nothing Hilly, like the name might suggest.

Tammy