Masters Running

Fridaily, 4.13.18 (Read 40 times)

Hey Leslie, get off my lawn!    I hear ya on the things people think are acceptable to wear in public these days...

I know, right?  I told you, I'm gettin' old!! 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

fatozzig can you send me a link to whoever sells that cushion you showed in that picture? I was planning to make another two of them but if I can just buy a couple that would be a whole lot easier!

Jlynne during my first round of tendinopathy I remember there being an emerging literature on dry needling. It looked promising at the time. It sounds like things have progressed quite a bit since then. As I recall the thought was it triggers the body's "I have to repair this" system by creating the kind of injury in the hamstring that the body recognizes. (For those that care, one reason tendinopathy is so hard to beat is that the body thinks the tendon is "healed" when it is actually poorly patched up.) If my array of no doctor needed protocols fail me in the next few weeks I will look into needling. As an aside, dry needling is how they showed PRP therapy was a crock. Fake PRP with dry needles produced the same results as real PRP.

This morning I spent some time in the gym. Then off to work and a midday dental visit. Dentist gave me a clean bill of teeth. 

<<Rant of Sorts On>>

How stupid are students or how stupid do they think I am? I had a group of two MBA students present their work (valuing a stock) in my class. There is a written report that goes with it. An incredible amount of the material was lifted word-for-word from company PR documents.  No attribution, no nothing. Of course a quick search online outed the charade. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they did not know any better. Both students are foreign nationals and countries outside the US take plagiarism much less seriously.

<<Rant Off>>

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time. That or you are clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Wow Starr, those pictures are really something else. I hope this round is much less "icy" and less brutal all around. I tell ya though, I spent three winters in Wisconsin and swore I'd never spend another winter in the midwest. And I live in Interior Alaska. Just can't deal with the wind and wet stuff like that.

Dry needling, huh. Hope to never need to consider it. Glad it worked for you though, Jlynne, and hope it continues to improve!

So arthritis runs in my family. Very much so on my mom's side. She's had every major joint in her body replaced, with one hip on it's third rendition. My sister had a joint in her thumb replaced years ago (crazy how they do it, with a tendon taken from somewhere else, wound up into a joint-like configuration). Lately, I've had a swelling in my left index finger middle joint and not liking how it looks. Add to that a synovial cycst on the first joint of my middle finger on right hand, and my hands are a mess. Isn't running supposed to ruin your knees? My knees are fine, but my hands are a mess!

Ran 3.2 miles this evening; back is much better, leg is only a little better. Tammy, I'm with you on the carpy week business.

wildchild

Carolyn

<<Rant of Sorts On>>

How stupid are students or how stupid do they think I am? I had a group of two MBA students present their work (valuing a stock) in my class. There is a written report that goes with it. An incredible amount of the material was lifted word-for-word from company PR documents.  No attribution, no nothing. Of course a quick search online outed the charade. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they did not know any better. Both students are foreign nationals and countries outside the US take plagiarism much less seriously.

<<Rant Off>>

Twocat, I would NOT give them the benefit of the doubt.  Plagiarism is unacceptable, particularly at the graduate level, and foreign students should know this too.  I'd turn them over to your university ethics committee or whatever it is you have there.  My dad was a university engineering professor, and he kicked students out for plagiarism.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.