Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 5.9.18 (Read 39 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, getting late so a quick post.  Went for a 6.5 mile bike ride around the base this afternoon.  Glad I only have my old (but still awesome) steel Pinarello here.  The road is in pretty rough shape in places.  Not sure on the pace (yet).  After work I went for a run along the same course (although longer since I came from where I'm billeted.  7.8 miles.  Also the first time I've run around the base without walking.  When I was here two years ago I was just starting to "easy" run again.  Then the last couple of weeks (and still) I've been trying to ignore and run through the right knee pain.  Anyway, decent day for me.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

Another late poster here.

KSA, please be careful!

Any news from Starruns and how she and her DH are doing?

Also, I miss Enkie's posts.

Falconfixer, nice bike ride and run. Add a swim to that and you will be well on your way for a tri training

My mariposai wings went for a 10 miles bike ride today in-between work and an evening work meeting. My good news is that I graduated from PT care today. Hurrahhh. It seems like I am on the other side of recovering from injury now and it is time to build up my long distance run stamina and speed. The hard part is going to be to follow my PT orders: run every other day; bike/Xt the other days and a FULL recovery rest day every week.

To celebrate the big news, I registered for the Victoria Marathon in October. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Oh Nancy, you'll love that Victoria marathon! I had fun doing that with MustangSally, Sans Souci and Labduck! All names from the past, right? So no surgery? At one point you said you were off to see the knee surgeon. I hope not. I hear most people, especially women, our age don't benefit from meniscus surgery.

Jlynne, sorry to hear that and know what you're talking about. I'm a few (not many, but a few) years younger than you and finding it very hard to recover my lost running fitness from my 10 weeks off. And I was cross training like a bandit, and it feels like it was all for nothing: I feel like I'm starting over at square one. *sigh* Be strong, fren. Hope you feel better soon.

I didn't get to even scan the thread till tonight, and didn't go back to ready the end of Tuesday's thread so need to see what's up with Steve. It's been so crazy busy around here, the days just fly by. But funny, during the day sometimes it feels like the clock stops. I can't wait to be done with all this.

So... today was nice and warm! Got up to 70° by my thermometer, probably "only" 69° officially. (twocat, did you notice?) Tomorrow should be nice, too, and maybe 70 tomorrow or Friday. And, of course, it'll cool off to low 50's for the weekend. That's what I can't stand. How does "it" know that we're off on the weekend so would really like to have these warm temps on the weekend!! Oh well, at least no snow in the forecast.

7.6 miles tonight that felt like a struggle. See paragraph #2 above... seems like it's taking me forever to recover from the 5k race and then the "long" run of 9 miles. Can't wait till that feels easy again, or at least not needing days of recovery from.

SteveP

I've been lurking, and ^5's to all of you who are racing and running strong. Get out there for me.

(((((JLynne)))))

Leslie - someone has to do the dirty deeds. I could easily picture DW setting the left overs on the offenders' desks. The last place I was at I was the dish washer. I'd wash mine and say "What the heck?" and have at it.

Holly - Dexter is 11!!???!!! Poor fella.

Thanks all... The people here mean the world to me.

SteveP