Masters Running

Ave of the Giants RA party and race thread (Read 40 times)

Mariposai

Race weekend is finally here!!!

After all the months of planning and dreaming for this event it is time now to start the party!

We hope to post here as much as we can this weekend, unless we are having way too much fun  to think of you guys.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  If any of you are up reading this...stop it!  Get to bed!  You have a race tomorrow!  It's a good thing I stopped in here...

wildchild

Carolyn

We're on west coast time, Mike!   Just going to bed now.    Here's a picture of the pre-race party.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

The big day is finally here!!! I am all race ready. Wildchild   , Mike and I leaving soon to get to the starting line. Then the rest of the gang will follow since their race will start later. Lovely race weather, magical company of the forest should make this a great race for all.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Good luck to you all!!!!

Mariposai

RA masters runners rock. We all enjoyed the race and even were grateful for the rain. A Fantastic course and almost magical experience running thru the redwoods.

Now it is back to partying

What a happy group!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

wildchild

Carolyn

Everyone finished upright and happy!  Mike R.  and the Easy Pacer both won 3rd AG, Marj took 2nd AG, and Henrun took 1st AG!   Nancy got a BQ and I got a PR.  Happy campers here.

Here are a few pictures:

Obligatory picture with the port-a-potties in the background.  Mike and Sue Rasmussen, Posie, and me.

Tammy, Henrun, Johnny, Enkie, Marj, fatozzig, Easy Pacer

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Awesome!

Sayhey! MM#130

Congrats to you ALL!  What a super photo--how'd you get a dozen RA Masters to all look so greta at once?

What's that?  It's easy, 'cuz we're all so photogenic??    That's IT!

Sounds as if you had a memorable meet-up, and it certainly was beneficial to everyone's running.

Lots of bling and post race smiles.  Love it.

big grins,

A.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Wow-congrats!  Tammy, you haven't aged a day since I was at the Ave.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Looks like a fun and fast group!!  CONGRATS on your finish and AG awards!!  Not on FB but I appreciate the RR, WAY TO GO everyone!!

I had so much fun this past weekend!  To finally be a part of an RA meet-up was definitely a dream come true.  And everyone, of course, is just as wonderful and friendly as we know them to be here.  It was a great fun hootin' n hollerin' n ringing my cowbell for our RA-ers, as well as all the other runners on the course.  For some reason, there were no other spectators around me . . . . strange . . . .

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Finally back home.....whew!!  What a fun weekend!!

When is the next meet-up?  I can't wait!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

When is the next meet-up?  I can't wait!

Buffalo, NY...May 25th.