Masters Running

Sundaily, 6.10.18 (Read 32 times)

pfriese

Evening all.

11.2 muggy miles for me this morning.

Another Sunday only check-in for me after not posting all week. This week was the "All-Star Mileage Challenge week" over in the mileage game group. Rules & reasons for the game/challenge are tmi, but I was 1 of 4 members selected from my regular team to one of the all-star competing teams. Even though it was pretty warm & muggy here, I was able to run double digit miles every day. I had a very good week of running & ended up with 92.8 miles for the week. That beats my personal best weekly mileage by over 20 miles. It was a fun week. I am ready for a rest day or 2 now though.

Paul

Got any spare change?

I save all my change and give it to the kids at the holidays. They look forward to sorting and counting it and putting it in rolls and dividing it up. I rarely USE cash anymore, so it's not too much, maybe $100-150. The use the rolls as gelt.

Who would have thought a 55 gallon drum held $18k in PENNIES?!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, 22 mile bike ride this morning.  This is more of a social ride and we stop for coffee about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the way through.  4 miles easy after that.  Spent most of the rest of the day packing.

Tomwhite, the WD40 likely wouldn't hurt....but I don't think it will help too much either.  What do you want it to accomplish?  If it's to protect the paint/finish, you'd be better served with car wax.  And for goodness sakes, please keep the WD40 away from the rims and the brakes!  Last place you want a place a lubricant.

MikeE, I would be thrilled if I was a mile behind you on that course!  Congratulations!

Wildchild, nice race and congratulations on the AG win.

Have a great night everyone!

Mariposai

Evening all.

11.2 muggy miles for me this morning.

Another Sunday only check-in for me after not posting all week. This week was the "All-Star Mileage Challenge week" over in the mileage game group. Rules & reasons for the game/challenge are tmi, but I was 1 of 4 members selected from my regular team to one of the all-star competing teams. Even though it was pretty warm & muggy here, I was able to run double digit miles every day. I had a very good week of running & ended up with 92.8 miles for the week. That beats my personal best weekly mileage by over 20 miles. It was a fun week. I am ready for a rest day or 2 now though.

Paul

Very impressive. 92.8 miles for the week!!! That is impressive!!!

As for my butterfly wings, only 4 miles of running and 14 miles of biking.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Wow, Paul, that's a lotta miles! Our team had some incredible mileage this week with a couple of them doing over 100 miles. I just can't imagine. My weekly PR is about 67 miles and that was years ago.

Nice race, Mike! I know you like to get sub 3 on your marathons, but sometimes the course just isn't conducive to that. I like doing more challenging races anyway, and see the 50 states challenge as a way to see the country, so searching out only "easy" marathons doesn't really get you the best part of most states. Nicely done!

I guess I didn't post yesterday, but I ran 6.3 miles before coming home and planting more things. I have some squash that I put on the deck, almost more for their beautiful vines and leaves as for the squash. That being said, we had our last butternut squash recently from last year and it was so good! So, I have a pot of butternut and a pot of spaghetti squash. Both have done great in the past so hoping for a good year. Also planted several peppers and tomatoes. Ran out of potting soil so that was it for yesterday. DH got more today but the weather was so awful I didn't do anything with it.

12.4 today, for the longest "long" run in months and at 44 miles, my highest mileage week since mid-November. Headwind most of the way out, nice tailwind on the way back but spitty rain for the last 4 miles. DH picked me up before I had to start heading up the hill to home so I really appreciated that.

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow, Paul, that's a lotta miles! Our team had some incredible mileage this week with a couple of them doing over 100 miles. I just can't imagine.

+1

Surly Bill - take it easy with that Achilles issue.  Those can hang on for months if you don't let them heal properly.

Erika - nice week for you.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

oops wrong day

Tammy