Masters Running

Tuesdaily- last day of November (Read 38 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

. . . memberships are down from around 225 at this time in 2019 to about 25 now.  

. . .

. . . you need to have your membership current in order to participate in meets that other regions seem to be able to run, plus the ePostal races I've been participating in, so far me it's worth it to spend the $60 to stay current.

BTY - good for you: support your local athletics, . . .  especially, no matter what they wear as, for me, I don 't care.  .

However, don't get the boys' butt pants.

Maybe they should become plumbers.

I wonder what started all of this?

Definitely checking out of November on a high note

BTY - very nice to hear.

Not for me, though, but, fortunately, though everyone's fine, November was heading to be the worst one of my 78 Novembers with DS's DW getting covid, high school classmate doctor now retired for several years from the Seattle area hospital of the first announced U.S. case on January 18, 2020 and his also vaccinated DW both getting it, record rains and flooding, best high school classmate friend and next-door neighbor in those days passing, incessant rains, power outages, continuous rain, propane furnace out for 10 days waiting for repairs, unrelenting rain, drainage issues still waiting for repair, monsoon rains, etc. . . . until Econo came to town and made it one of the best!  Thank you!  No wonder I love running so much.

The aging process makes you appreciate new experiences that have never happened before in your life but not necessarily what I was hearing during two hours this afternoon at the dentist I dearly love after trying for four years to find someone I liked when my dentist of 20 years retired in 2016:

“It’s a little worse than what I thought”
    “the x-rays didn’t show that”
    “scalpel please”
    “there’ll be some cracking and breaking sounds”
    “fold the gum back a little more”'

"spray away the bone parts"
    “this might hurt a little”
    “Let’s do the sutures first”

"three please"

“he’s a good clotter”
    “you’ll be a little sore for 2-3 days”
    “Let me know if there are any problems”
    me: “uhmm, what kind of uhmmm, problems”
    “oh, just in case your jaw swells up or

there’s a lot of pain beyond just

the expected soreness.”
    “See you in two weeks after it heals a little”
    “Oh, don’t chew anything hard

on that side for two weeks”
    “ Merry Christmas”
    ps - above typed while lidocaine still kicking in.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

You can always count on the RA Masters Running thread to go where no one usually, willingly, goes before! You guys are funny. And yes, Holly taking the break in the culvert next to the dead sheep was a real memory maker for that marathon! Smile

Tet, what the hell happened to you? And I get the feeling you had a somewhat rainy November?

Holly, your DS's GF's mom sounds like a manipulative head case. I just can't imagine someone doing that.

Just shaking my head (which hey, I just learned that's what SMH means...) at BTY's swimming distances. I can't imagine.

I like the name Taz for that kitty! Wildchild had (past tense, right?) a dog named Tazzie that I got to meet.

And it did warm up today! Yay! All of about -5 to -8 for most of my run, which still felt cold with the breeze especially down by the lake. But I got in 7 ez miles to finish November at (drumroll...) 201.4 miles! Not a prime but that's not my thing anyway. So this month was cold but not too snowy, and I never ran more than 9.x miles in any one day and only took one "rest day" all month. But it worked.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Just shaking my head (which hey, I just learned that's what SMH means...) at BTY's swimming distances. I can't imagine.

erika - fortunately, it's another one

I don't know but, in this case,

I don't think I want to.

I wonder what started all this anyway?

. . . my cute little butt . . . 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Thank You For The Start BioGuy.

"Taz" - I like it!  Poor Dunkin - he's only 6, right?  Sorry for the arthritis issues, buddy.  I'm right there with you.  Let's you and I meet this middle-aged thing together, a'creakin' and a groanin', but with a smile, okay?  If you ever get to my part of town, I am good for a couple of belly rubs for a good dog like you!

The ol' boy is eight or nine.

Thank you, Bioguy!

So, my DS emailed me a Christmas list of ideas for him and his GF.  I made some purchases from the list, and emailed the list, with my purchases highlighted, to the mother of the GF, so she could see what I had already purchased.  She and her DH decided to give the kids cash for Christmas, and emailed the list I had sent, with my purchases highlighted, to her DD (and my DS).  She told them what I had already gotten them for Christmas!  Does anyone else here think that was incredibly rude?

It's incredibly something.

Off to get DW and me matching leggings.

Two Cat - I'm sorry about your aunt in law.

Of course, I also get embarrassed when I see myself in the mirror at the gym.  People probably wished I wore a bigger and baggier shirt to cover up my gut better, and they probably wish I wore long pants and covered up my hairy, white, spindly legs with the bald ankles.  It is a real shock when I look at myself in the big mirrors.

There as a dude at work who looked just like my grandfather. Sadly I was looking into a mirror.

MurrayM - Snork!

Tetsujin - That dentist does not sound like fun.

Erika - 201.4!!! Whooot!!!!!!

I could not find my gloves so I cleaned the kitchen instead of getting out in the AM.

I knocked a mile out after fixing dinner just cause.

SteveP

BTY

All of about -5 to -8 for most of my run, which still felt cold with the breeze especially down by the lake. But I got in 7 ez miles to finish November at (drumroll...) 201.4 miles! ....

Mutual SMH Society.  Nice job!

Marathon Maniac #957

On one such run, we crossed paths with a guy in the age group below me that was running shirtless and I overheard ladies in our group saying "there should be a rule that old men need to keep covered up". Is there an age at which men running shirtless becomes inappropriate?

I have never thought so....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."