Masters Running

40's, 50's, 60's, etc. on the Run W/E 6/12/10 (Read 621 times)

flatland mountaineer

4.5 in town with a mile tempo portion then a cooldown on the high school rubberized track. Lynda did a mile warmup and cool down on the streets with 2 sets of 1 mile track runs at race pace. We had big storms last nite witn 1.6 " of rain but no hail so we combined a trip to town with a field tour to see if we had damage on our other farms.

Carol yes Dessa Lou goes with us basically all the time when possible. I usually don't take her in my sprayer mostly because I am aftraid she would bump the hydrostat lever and take off without me. She goes in the #1 tractor a fair amount of time,Not enough room in the older tractor. She loves the big trucks, she thinks the sleepers were put there for her exclusive use. Nice consistancy at the gym! and that guy does sound like a slime bucket. Yuk!

Ev ya we need some video of your other performin'! Bet your yard is looking "purty" darn cool now!

Arla I lost a lot of weight quick the summer they did the dental reconstruction on me.........But as time went on I discoverd ice cream, malts, pudding cups etc and kinda went the other way lol... nice hillwork btw.

Cindy did u order those Zoots from Roadrunner? Lynda is getting on well with both pairs of new shoes. Besides being short a lot of her shoes had overlays right where she had tendonitis.

Leslie liked the camo cat story and looks like all that strength/core training has definitely paid off.

Joe nice runs and a smokin 6 mi portion!! Then all the pushups and situps wow!

Kevin hope the toe keeps improving.

A shout out to Jewels and Kelly.

Our week ended a little better than it started. I have most of my spraying caught up and a few other farm related issues that were causing me a great deal of stress moderated somewhat. Now if the weather would settle down just a bit. I get pretty worked up with the weather with all the work and dollars we get in our crops.

Jonathan invited us down to grill us supper then to a bull riding after tonight. It will be fun.

The Girlz getting back from checking fields                                                          MT correct spelling

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

Wet & cool Saturday going on here on the front range today....  much preferred to hot & hoomid for me & 'Raid!

Started out the am w/crewing for a 5K fund-raiser in the foothills - light mist>steady drizzle/rain & 40ish degrees...IRC!!   Too cool for anybody to want massage so, I went out to cheer/course marshall ...had about 3 cups of full strength coffee (for the first time in a few months!) during set up....some of our antics got some giggles outta some of the runners   Love doing those things! ..I was STILL wound up after I got home! easy to change my shoes & hit the muddy path for few w/Mairead then do my P90X DVD for today

Leslie - I'm fam. w/Tet & have nvr had a prblm rdng hs txts  

Carol - I do "bookends" myself do to "those weeks"  re: gym guy > desperate salesmen  usually leave you w/buyers remorse

Jim - Yup, ordered them the next day...after much discussion w/Doug...I mean, how many prs of shoos should I have anyways!? I see Lou Lou has the "farm chores" down pat, eh?

Somebody said something about shirtless pictures!?!?! I'm still waiting......

Hey!! to evrybody else!!!! 

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Carol- that sounds puritty shadey to me. You were smart to avoid it.

Cool pic of your Girls Jim!

Went and squeezed a 7er out of Buddy today even though it was 83* out. A 5er around the resrvior, lost count of the number of swims.Then 2 more on the way back and a short ride to the trails by the Manasquan River. There I have a trail and can dip him in fast running clear water every half mile if needed.

Alright, I found out from Leslie that I have been doing the ball situps all wrong. Thanks for the clarification!

Peer pressure is tough around here :

jfa

And this too

Joe - You were a tease when you were single, weren't you.   But I must say, even the reflection is looking perty darn good there, dude.  Buddy is quite a looker.  Oh wait, there was another picture, wasn't there.   Thanks for sharing.

Cindy - You crack me up.

Carol - Wonder if the the gym knows what El Sleazo is up to?  Good for you keeping up with the workouts.  Re leg workouts - I only do them on Tuesdays now, with hill running on Weds and trails on Sats.  I go back and forth between upper and lower - a set of arms, a set of legs, a set of arms, a set of legs.  Two sets each, 15 reps.  When the 15 reps get easy, I add weight or will add an additional set.  I never do more than 15 reps in a set.  My lower leg routine includes single legged squats w/the TRX, runner's lunges w/TRX, forward lunge onto the BOSU w/10 lb. weights in each hand, calf raises on the BOSU w/10 lbs in the hand of the working calf, step ups onto an 18" step w/10 lb weights in each hand, hamstring strengthening, and if I have time, I do these single-legged squats where you raise up from a seated position.  You'd think with all that I'd have really nice, muscly looking legs, huh?  Nope.  Oh, the muscles are there, just not the "Oooh!  She's got nice legs!" kind of muscles.  Oh well.

Despite what felt like record temps for us this time of year (mid 70s, fairly humid - very warm for our area), Karen and I had an excellent trail run today.  We got in 19.8 miles in about 5:10.  That, of course, didn't count the 3 (4?) stops at the river so Charlie could cool off.  He doesn't like moving water, so the last time through, she got into the water and shoved him in the deep section to get him to cool off.  The look on his face was - WTH?  I went through about 60+ oz of fluids, ate very regularly, took in 4 salts, and never once felt nauseous, dead-legged, or anything.  It was one of my best runs in awhile.  And Karen did amazingly great, especially considering she just had a 70-mile weekend two weeks ago.

Came around a corner at one point, I was looking off enjoying the view, she says, "Uh . . .," and Charlie takes off like a shot - a bear.  We were yelling like crazy for him, but he was in another world.  Thankfully, the bear had a really good head start on him.  We decided to turn around and go a different direction.

We run on private property, some of it belonging to her co-worker.  A short way from the end, we came across their garden hose.  Oh yeah!  Made very good use of it dousing ourselves and Charlie in cold water.  It . . . felt . . . soooooo . . . good!

Okay - Chatty Leslie is hitting the "post" button.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

PS - Joe, your welcome re "stability ball" clarification.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

just about the time that the toe on the right foot was feeling better, I'm nursing a sprained big toe  on the LEFT foot , suffered when i stubbed it going up the stairs at work on Tuesday.  Did a yard sale fall at a landing and apparently folded the toe under.  didn't hurt until later, but am optimistically hoping that the feeling better progress will continue until tomorrow, when I've got 10 miles planned.  it survived most of pump class today, but did cut some of the lunges short.  Advil is a wonderful thing.

now it's after 11 and I'm not sure how early I'll make it up in the morning.

Leslie--you seem pretty chipper for 20 miles.  Or is it still the adreline rush of bear sighting?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I AM feeling chipper! . . . Well, I was.  Now it's 10:30 and I'm feeling tired.   Nitey nite.

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Peer pressure is tough around here :

And you think I'm gonna try and follow this...........I don't think so.

Plus, a pic of me shirtless is just something you don't want to see............trust me.

The landscaping venture is nevr ending.  The front yard is a work in progress that will take a couple years to finalize......big tree, lots of big roots.....you get the picture.  Backyard is shaping up nicely. Yes Carol the heat/humidity and rain has helped the bermuda grow and is starting, evr so slowly, to fill in (Sorry Arla, I know your feelings toward bermuda).  LMD wore me plum smooth Frid evning and then gouged me down further yesterday.  The changes are needed wanted, howevr.  Today is the last day of the  this weekend.....thank you God! 

I tend to ovr dramatize things a bit....It's my way of story telling.  Actually I get a lot of enjoyment out of working with LMD and creating a place that we enjoy.  So let's get out there and do some enjoying peopl !

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

Thanks Joe! You & Buddy look mauvelous! ...is that a Volvo mirror?

Now why would you say that Ev?  We don't even get the chance to judge for ourselves?

Why, whtevr do u mean, Leslie?  

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group