Masters Running

Successful Saturday (4/5/14) (Read 41 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

I figured

it was actually simpler

than saying

''didn't touch bottom''>>>>>>>who KNOWS where that would have gone??

Ribs - nice race!

Carolyn - does it do that every year?

Jlynne - we have taken so few vacations, I decided I wanted to pull out the stops and take the family on a "dream vacation" before DS goes off to college.  Next year he is a senior, and they have a school break in late October, we are spending a week at an all-inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico.

I spent the day with DS doing a tour of the University of Cincinnati campus.  What a beautiful campus!  They said that Forbes magazine voted it "the most beautiful college campus" and also "#1 public university."  DS loved the combination "world of it's own" yet urban setting, so near to downtown Cincinnati and the Ohio river.  Never a shortage of things to do. We are just embarking on the college search, so we learned quite a bit today.  We also walked for hours....

I was, however, alarmed at the fact that, in spite of barely running this week, my foot still hurts enough that I was limping slightly today. I have no idea what I did to it - this started after my run on Sunday.  It feels like soreness in the peroneal tendon, but might also have some PF involvement.  I know you will all understand that I still want to run my race tomorrow, because it loosened up after walking to feel pretty good.  I am driving two of my friends, so I will definitely go.  However, I may run a mile and then turn back. Another option would be to do the HM instead of the full.  I plan to pack some clothes to change into if I ended up cutting it short.  If so, I will hang out at the finish and cheer people in.  We will see what tomorrow brings.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Spareribs great race.  AG 2nd!  I am so jealous!

A lot of no running reports today. I am going to add another. Tomorrow I have a HM. Odd start time, 10:20.  Why so late? It is a local race but this will be my first time running it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

What an odd time to start a race, twocat. Good luck and I hope you have good weather.

Congrats, ohh wiseone. 2nd in AG is awesome.

Well, I had a fun 14 miler today. I drove my car to the tire center to change my winter tires. I left for a run from there. I decided to make it a tree nursery run. I ran to the first nursery to check what they had for shrubs. I was not pleased with their selection and their cost. I ran about 4 miles to a another nursery. This one had a great selection and a 40% off all their shrubs just for today. I proceeded to run up a steep canyon which led me to an area I have never ran before. Gorgeous setting, full of orchards and farm land.  I was meandering thru the orchards looking for trees in bloom. I found none, so I ran back to the tire center to pick up my car. I got home and decided to go up Kermel grade to complete my 14 miler and to my surprise I found and apricot orchard in bloom. I took some pictures and then ran back home.

Ohh, then I drove back to the nursery and purchased three shrubs at 40% off. I love surprises on a weekend! .

Go racers go!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Nice run Posie!

I went ahead and went into work, this morning.  I was going to just stay until noon...I left at 2:00.  It was nice to be able to check in here from time to time.  dg and tomwhite had me laughing a couple times.

I did 10 miles outside, today, and...my Garmin worked!  I actually stopped by REI on my way home ready to buy a new 220 but they didn't have any in stock.  So, I came home, got ready for my run, looked over at my Garmin that I had gone ahead and put back on the charger a couple days ago...and it was showing 100% charged.  I had to put all my information back in it but it seamed to be working so, I strapped her on and took off.  It worked like it was brand new.  We'll see how long it lasts.  I need it for Monday and Wednesday.

Oh--nice race, Ribs.  Still bringing home the hardware after all these years.  Cool.

Good luck, tomorrow, Holly.

Okay--I'd better get going.  DW will be home anytime, now.  She texted me and want to go out to eat.  I hope she hurries...I'm hungry.

C-R

Cheers from sunny Arizona. Oh my how nice it is to run in 70 degrees after all of that winter. Hang in there Mike. It will get warmer eventually in the Midwest. So a nice 5 miler on the Scottsdale to Tempe bike path with my son. Tomorrow we run trails up north of town. Can't wait.

Nice race ribs.

10:20 is odd TW

Holly - My FIL and MIL are UC grads (Medical school and nursing school respectively) and they have great things to say about the school. Your son could do worse. Like attend that place in Columbus.  Oh and good luck tomorrow it bet its one of those per marathon phantoms.

Well off to dinner and my watch says 9 PM. hah.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

No run for me yesterday or today - worked 12 hour days and today was CRAZY!!  Tomorrow 7:30am mass then Run for the Troops 5k (easy pace) then adding on to make 18-20 miles.   Our running group came in 2nd place for the largest team registered for tomorrow's race -- we have over 80 runners signed up but a large company beat us with about 100!!  It's all good tho - the $$ raised goes towards building a home for a wounded veteran.

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

TW is god to me.

me too.

just don't let him ablate anything important. ]

- planipes iohannes;

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Holly, I sure hope that foot isn't anything serious. Maybe like CR said, it's just phantom pain. I hope you have a good run tomorrow.

i always like it when the snow/ice curls under like that. It used to do that on our hay shed every spring.

Well, that was sure a long night/day on planes. Left at 1:35 am and got in to Memphis at 6:29 pm (and lost three hours). Felt totally wiped out and in serious need of a shower when I got to my hotel around 7:30 pm.  Got cleaned up and headed out for a late (well, early for us) dinner on Beale St. A good local IPA and Cajun shrimp that wasn't quite spicy enough, but still good. Might try an outdoor run (in shorts!) tomorrow morning.