Masters Running

Thursday, 12/10 - I'll kick it off today .... (Read 489 times)

evanflein

Hey Leslie, you trail snob you! When are you gonna come run the Equinox with me??

Ok, it's about 5, or certainly close enough. I'm off to try a little run on the treadmill. Tuesday's jaunt went pretty well and besides having zero pep today, everything else is feeling pretty good. So, what the hell, let's see what blows up.

SteveP

SteveP was that a good or bad end to the day? 

breger1 have fun on your trip.

Harbor Springs is cool this time of year Breger

Three of the four kids have moved out. Two of them came back Wednesday. We all cleaned the drive and had fun at time. Usually it's fun, it would not have been Wednesday.

{{{Mary’s mom}}}

Jlynne – I think it is wonderful that you volunteer at a homeless shelter - you have a heart of gold! 

Tax training got out early last night, so I got home at 8:30 – time enough to do not only the obligatory yelling at the kids for the mess (DH in bed again), but also time to laugh until I had tears in my eyes with DS (I love his sense of humor), and to lay snuggling in the dark with DD as she asked me probing questions about genetics (ex-why do I have blue eyes and your eyes are green?) while I tried to formulate answers that a 7yo could understand.  Kids are kewl.  

We think your kids are kewl too.

Have fun Tammy..I recomend Chuck E Cheese for your son.

Steve, that pisses me off (and especially DH). Sometimes after a big snow, I'll struggle to get the car up the driveway (sometimes takes me 5 or 6 runs at it) and put away. Then I come upstairs, and find DS1, DS2 and assorted BFF's sitting around playing Tour of Duty on the Xbox. I about come unglued. Then I get "Geez mom, why are you so crabby?"

Last summer, when DS was the only kid at home, I old him that the free ride was over. I wasn't working two jobs so he could play Guitar Hero. He could either get a job or I'd work his @$$ off. So he moved in with his bio dad. Now his step mom is working two jobs so he can play guitar hero.  DD#3 moved out for nearly two years. SHe's not the same kid who left. I've made comments such as, "Firgure out what we owe you for staying here, then we can discuss it.".

(((((Perch)))))

Kewl PR TomS

SteveP

Fatozzig.   I am a bit of a trail snob too, but my trees here arean't quite as big as yours.  I run mostly on Forest Service Roads.  Have you heard of theCape Mountain Trail Run just North of Florence, Or. ?   It has a reputation for being very hilly and hard.   It is held late every summer. I think there is a 5 mile, and a 10 mile, and one of my New Years Resolutions is to do the 5 mile.  I have been advised that it is too hard for me by a whippersnapper, so am all the more interested in doing it.  Heh Heh

Ho Ho Ho!  I'm all through with Christmas shopping, and have sent the packages. 

I have a little cold, and it is cold outside and now starting to be freezing rain, so am taking it easy today.  I'll see about tomorrow.  Might have to resort to the treadmill.

Walt - that table is georgeous!

Econo, are you going to sign up for the Newport Marathon?

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Woods Lady}}} - I hope your little cold goes away....

Sue and Mariposai - I have questions for you on the Slow Cooker thread...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."