Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 7/18 (Read 496 times)

5.30 miles this a.m. with about a 9:37 ap.  Felt really good.  It's the kind of run that makes you want to go out and do it again some time.

Now I'm off to clean my kitchen cabinets.  Hopefully, they'll be just as shiny as my nicely cleaned floor!

Later, dudes and dudettes -

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Sounds like Leslie's the only runner here lately. I am going to go try a small one at the gym (bathroom is very close), as I'm feeling a bit more spunky today. Hot one outside. Scale shows this little ailment has me 12 lbs lighter than when the week began. See if I can keep it off!

Cindy-what did your Dad use in the fields as a repellent other than Deet?

flatland mountaineer

easy 2 this morn before it got hot. One of the best things about living and running in the Great American Desert is that it will usually cool into the 60's at nite even at the hottest times of the year. The nearest official thermometer is reading 104 this afternoon. Just finished servicing our harvest equipment, just have one field left and it wasn't ripe yet. Days like today will bring it on fast.

Holy Cow Joe that sounds like no fun!!! Hope you get better fast, don't worry bout the weight, u had to get pretty dehydrated!!

Nice Run Leslie.

Carol sounds like some pool time is in order. We kind of have Phoneix dry heat, I would melt in DFW type H & H.

hi to the rest of ya all

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Back at it tonight. A very easy 3 tm today just to test the tires. I think I'm back to normal, and going to hit an early morning run tomorrow to beat the heat. I have to get ready for hot, unshaded, midday  running over pavement for this relay race. I have been living the cushy life of air conditioning and treadmill TV. Lately it's been that show where a bunch of really good looking 30-something braniacs are alternately studying some dead persons  bones, or struggling to keep from jumping each others bones. It's all too confusing.

I have been living the cushy life of air conditioning and treadmill TV. Lately it's been that show where a bunch of really good looking 30-something braniacs are alternately studying some dead persons  bones, or struggling to keep from jumping each others bones. It's all too confusing.

Just found out I'm suppose to run 10 tomorrow.  Should've eaten better today.

Also got my new training schedule.  . . . . . . .  I keep telling myself that I asked for all the hill work . . . . .

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

8.3 this morn, not too bad for temps. Forgot to tell about the doe and twin fawns I saw yesterday, purty darn cool got within 10 foot of one of the fawns.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Deer are such pretty animals.  And those darn babies are so cute!

10 miles this a.m. in about 1:43.  Walked a little bit the last half hour, but that's okay.  The first 5 went by fast.  Faster than I anticipated.  All in all, a good run . . . . . . in overcast, cool temps.  I was actually getting cold toward the end. . . . . Sorry.  Had to include that.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

All in all, a good run . . . . . . in overcast, cool temps.  I was actually getting cold toward the end. . . . . Sorry.  Had to include that.

OK, so do you have a spare bedroom?  I may have to come live with you the rest of the summer.  I like cats!

Nice runs Jim!  What a nice treat to see those deer.  Moments like that are the best.

Joe, glad you're back up and around. Take it easy in the heat after that bug....don't need a relapse.  But hey, I hear Leslie is taking in boarders if you need a cooler place to run for a while (see her ad above Wink.

Howdy to everyone else!

4 miles run/walk in the H&H (82 degrees w/ 71% humidity) this morning before it got any hotter.  Upper and core at the gym this afternoon.  Time for dinner, so later friends.

Progress Trumps Pefection