Masters Running

Tuesday 3:16 (am I on TV)? (Read 513 times)

EGH, I hope your basement flooding was of short duration and not real bad.  Twocat, you sure did have tree damage in your area.  dg, I hope your surgery gets you fixed up.  Lots of Boston bibs announced - congrats to all.  I have to join enke and dg with a virtual one.

There sure were a lot of long runs on Sun.  CNY, WRFB, Slo, PDR, holly, fatozzig (2 days in a row), BC, perch, dive (including St. Pat's race), and evan.  Good job on the speedwork for perch, WRFB, and holly.

This morning, it was about 30° and calm.  I got in 8 miles in about 1:19:30 for a 9:56 pace.  I had negative splits with the first 4 miles averaging 10:12 and the last 4 averaging 9:41.  I seem to have negative splits  fairly often and normally don't have an explanation.  Today, I wonder if it had anything to do with the bathroom stop just after 4 miles. (TMI ?)

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I want to join the virtual corrals with Enke, DG and Tom.  I'm afraid that they might be several in front of my at the moment, though.  But I'm hoping to stand a little closer to the real runners come the 19th.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Enkie and Deb and Tom and Kevin, can I join you in the virtual Boston corral?  Can I bring Tazzie and Ladybug too? I know they don't allow dogs at Boston but in our virtual Boston are they OK?

Twocat, your pictures showed some amazing storm damage.  It looks like you live in a really pretty area, though, despite the down trees. 

I wholeheartedly agree with those of you who've said running slow is waaaay better than not running at all!  I just got back from 4 slow trail miles at lunchtime, about 11 mm,  in sunshine and 58°.  It was breezy enough that it didn't feel hot, just a nice day to be out.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

dg... I had my hernia fixed 5 mo after my first marathon. I was running (lightly) 9 days after surgery.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

After just a few days, I'm so far behind I don't even understand today's thread title!

Sorry to hear of all that storm damage--flooding, trees, power outages, etc.  Yuck. 

Here, we're heading into a mini-heat wave. If it wasn't for running, it would be an amazing week.  Should be in the 70s Thursday.  Looks like Saturday's marathon start will be about 15 degrees warmer than last year--in the 50s and heading up from there.  Not good for me; I prefer the 30s. There's nothing I can do about it so I've been running in the afternoon to try to acclimate a bit.   I did 5 MP miles today and was sweating and was w-a-y too hot. Uh oh.  Could be a long Saturday morning.

I didn't know about Boston bibs.  After checking Lou's link, I'm 10,354.  Nice round number.

Be safe. Be kind.

Kimmie

Tramps, I hear you about Saturday's weather.. . it's only great if you're just hanging out.

I was sweating like a beast on my 5 miler today.  Attempted to run tempo ,  couldn't quite get a steady pace going, fast, recover, fast, recover... but overall 8:30 pace with some hills, I'll take it.

My calf is acting up and I hope it's minor... last time this happened, I took 5 days off-  that is not going to happen this time, just tons and tons of ice.

Also got in upper and lower body this morning... 

AND I coached the Girls on the Run this afternoon.  We had them doing laps around the school and I ran back and forth over and over to find all the girls and check in.  So, another 1.5 miles that I'm counting.  Smile

Renee the dog

Dg - {{{hugs}}}  I know it is so disappointing, but completely out of your control.  Why not just concentrate on coming to visit me in September and doing the AF Marathon? 

Uh, breaking news.  I'll be there. Long story.  Short version is friends are going, so I am too now...so, dg, perhaps we can meet then!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Hi Mary, Dad says I'm going to get to see you and we can run run run!!!! I like puppies!!! Will your DH make me a burger too??

Hi beer dog!

Hey Sue..Don't let my dad know you think he's funny...It only makes him badder.

Hi Nono...have a happy taper. You should meet DG if you can. She's nice

I wanna go to Boston with Dexter and Daisy and run run run!!!

(((((DG))))) Sorry about your race DG. Ice cream makes me happy.

Anyway..I'm new here and my dad says people here make him look normal. I know I'm not old enough, but sometimes I'm a bad dog.

I spent all day in my kennel. I call it jail. My dad came home and put an orange shirt on me! That means we can run run run!!!! We went into the woods and I ran all over the place while Dad was playing with his stoopid watch. It went "beep" and he started running. I went way faster than him. I saw a very big tree I wanted, so I marked it and now it's mine. Dad must have wanted a tree too.

He stopped and looked at a strange leaf. I came to look too and it was a butterfly!!! I chased it so Dad wouldn't be scared. When he's scared, he screams like a little girl. I saw a big deer and I went to run run run!!! Dad made me come back. I'm gonna get that deer.  My dad is mean. He got us lost again. Can some one give this guy a map??

I found a real cool dead deer and rolled on it. Dad hollered on me. He said Mom was gonna be mad. He's a tattle tail. I chased a squirrel's tail before and made him run run run!!! Dad says I need to be good. Like he can talk....I only have 5 Batman shirts...He has lots and lots and he's old..Really realy uber old. He was old when I was a baby.

He said we went 7.25 miles!!....What's a "mile"???

We got home and Dad said I smelled ripe!! That's great!! Mom likes ripe tomatoes!!! I know she likes me too. Then Dad gave me a bath. I worked really hard to "smell ripe" and he wrecked it!!!!

I asked if I could have ice cream and he said, "Not tonight buddy". I'm very neglected.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Maniac 505

Tag:  thanks for posting,  looks like it was a rough day for you.

some of my best child hood memories were of my favorite hunting dogs.  I think you are kind of kindered spirits (but you are better behaved)  while pheasant hunting (Mocha's favorite activity)  his dad could never break him of the habit if chasing rabbits, because he would catch them  (he was a fast dog)  but yeah.  I understand the rolling in the dead stuff.  You just got to do it.  I was told that it was to mask the order so you could sneak up on game.  Mocha loved to roll in dead skunks

Oh Tag, you put a huge grin on my face----just what I needed!

Tell your Dad he's pretty cool too.

Tag, you are so much funnier than your Dad, but don't tell him that.  However, that rolling in dead stuff thing....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

So...this thread's going to the dogs.

Beautiful day today....absolutely gorgeous. 10 miles, 5 at 6:53-7:08 m/m, loving the extra daylight.

Walt.

evanflein

Tag, you don't look neglected. Sounds like you and your dad have a good time together.

Got out for a run this evening after we got home from errands post-dentist trip. Beautiful bright sunny day today, temps about 28 and the only thing to spoil it was the headwind I found as I turned around to head back up the hill. Great. Ended up being an unintentional tempo run though. It felt so good to run in just one layer (tights and long sleeved shirt), and lots of dry pavement on the bike path. I did wear my "spikeys" traction doo-dads but they bothered my foot and I didn't really need them so off they came .7 mile into the run. The road crossings were treacherously icy, but other than that it was good.

8:18

8:02

7:58

8:09

8:25

8:37

8:25 last .1 mile

Can you tell where I turned around to head back uphill into the wind??

When I got to the bottom of my road, I felt like adding some hills in the mix, so did another 1.1 miles going up and down the hills by my house. 7.2 miles total for the day.

SteveP

That's a pretty good clip Erika.

SteveP