Masters Running

Saturday, 12.19.15 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Wake up, everybody!

Where are you all? I've done my workout (7 RW miles), had breakfast with DW and DN at our favorite dive, had our conservation commission site walks for this month, met a guy about doing more insulating at our office, and we are now are heading out to a winter farmer's market. I almost slept in this morning, and kinda wish that I had, cause once the day started, there will be no stopping. However, I worked hard and had a good workout (in 33F temps) this morning, so I'm still glad that I headed out at my usual time.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

....mornin' jay///........next time, sleep in......

....40-min PoolRun, cf, nb, ris

back into the 50s today (whew)

the Snow Spitting

kinda Freaked us out here

(cannibalism has been known to break out during SnowStorms)

...............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I almost slept in this morning, and kinda wish that I had, cause once the day started, there will be no stopping.

There's always naptime...

TomWhite - be careful down there...

27 degrees for my run this morning, with a brisk face-freezing headwind in both directions, however that happened.  I am still taking way too many walk breaks, but I got the miles in at least.

Now I am headed to the kitchen to make another batch of English Toffee and some sausage cheese balls for a party we are going to this evening.

16 miles total for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Nice long Saturday for you, Holly. Hope DH sticks to his guns. Incentives don't work well if not enforced. Besides, I'm guessing this will also give him a chance to be the mean one for a change.   Just a WAG that you're usually the lucky one.  Don't ask me how I know.

Back again.  did the first paragraph on my phone whilst waiting for my computer to boot.

3 miles in 35° and very breezy.  Glad I didn't listen to my contemplation of wearing shorts when I saw that this morining.  Nice Kansas hills coming back up the lake--blowing about 20 steady.

guess I didn't have much to say.  Oh well--off to drop off DW's car for an oil change.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Deez - I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law, and my prayers will be with you and your family.  When my pops died, he did so about 6:00 a.m. before we got back to the care home.  I had wanted to stay the night, but my brother wouldn't let me.  Now I realized it was in God's plan.  My brother, like your hub, didn't want to see my dad die, and it turns out it was a good thing we went to the care home together that morning as opposed to us each having to be on our own at any point once we found out Pops had passed.  I wouldn't trade the hours after that I spent with my brother for anything. 

Holly - Gotta admit I got a good chuckle out of your post about your DD.  I even read it to The Hub.  Good luck with the teen years! 

Jay - Did you get a nap?

Tet - Glad you survived the meeting marathons.

I had an absolute crap run today.  It happens, I know, but I haven't had that bad of a run in awhile, and especially after I had so much fun last weekend!

Yesterday I had a sense that today wasn't going to be good, and pretty much from my first steps it was confirmed.  Legs that didn't want move, nausea towards the end.  Bleck!  I was supposed to do 14, but when I got to the point where even walking sucked, I called it.  I got in 12, so tomorrow I'll go out and get in the final two.

Next week - a chance to start over again!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Howdy masters!  I'm trying to play catch up after a few weeks away.  We took our camper van on it's inaugural trip, to Arizona.  It's not finished, but done enough to travel, and my DH was going crazy being home in the winter, which he now hates.  Funny, he used to love to ski, and worked as a ski patroller for years!  I guess a lot of folks like winter less the older they get.

Anyway, we went to Cochise Stronghold in southeastern AZ, which is a climbing area.  It was colder than we hoped, mostly in the 40s and 50s, and it snowed one day.  But it was warm enough to climb 3 days out of 6, and I also ran 3 days.  We took along a few projects for the van that we could work on while we traveled, and the best one was we installed a propane heater!  It vents through the floor, so you can leave it running and not get off gasses in the van.  It's wonderful to have a warm van - makes camping in the snow MUCH better!

I'm way behind here, but it sounds like Holly's DD is up to her usual drama, Aamos is still running mega miles, it's still cold in Fairbanks, and Tet is multitasking or something.  Deez, I'm sorry about your father in law.   This is such a tough time of year to lose a family member.   Starr, good luck to your DD.

Tomorrow I have to drive my dogs to my sister's house 3 hours away so she can dog-sit while we go on vacation with our DD over the holidays.  We're flying to Cancun and exploring the Yucutan for a few weeks.  Can't wait!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Wow, wild--you sure are getting around!

Jay--I would have started the daily but my internet has been down for 2 days and I wasn't going to attempt it on my phone...although...now, I can't remember what I was going to talk about.  Anyway--it looks like you got more done before I got of bed then I did all day.

tomwhite--weren't you supposed to put together an abbreviation legend for us?  cf...nb--I think that one's "no belt"...ris...

Holly--I will pray that your DD's temper tantrums and high drama stops before she's 22.  We just had another bout with Eric on Wednesday night.  Oh, and I know I'm the last person who should be giving parental advise but--I hope your DH sticks to his guns, too.  The only thing she'll learn is that the temper tantrums and high drama works.

It sounds like the winds we had yesterday and the day before made it your way, stumps.  Oops...did I just call you "stumps"?  Yeah--anyway--they weren't so bad here, today.

Yes--Deez--I, too, am very sorry to hear about your FIL.

Yep, Leslie--next week you get a chance to start all over.  Has anybody told you how cool you are, lately?

I went out for 16--thought about Holly's run where the wind was hitting her in the face both ways and, even though it was only 5 mph, I was going to try to avoid having to run against it coming home.  So, I altered my course...several times...and ended up doing 17.  Gee--thanks, Holly!

I have been going back and forth about doing the Mississippi Marathon on Jan 9th--yes, in 3 weeks.  I really cannot afford it, right now, but I have to get these things done because I'm running out of time.  Anyway--I told myself before I headed out that, if I did 16 miles at a 7:29 pace, I would sign up and go.  I ended up doing 17 at a 7:26 pace...and I still can't decide if I should do it.

Okay--that's it for tonight.  See ya!

Mariposai

I am with Leslie about next week is a chance to start all over again.

Deez, hugs to your family!

Where is Ribs?

Holly, good luck with the DD's teenage years.

Aamos, are you thinking about Portland, OR next fall?

MikeE, you are so fit, marathon in 3 weeks won't be a problem.

I was planning to run longish today, but seeing that I still had about 9 hours of work left on a report that is due on Tuesday, I decided to be a good girl and go to work. It was a very productive time. I got home at 4 and I decided to go for a slow 4 miles. The crunchy snow did not feel safe for more. Tomorrow is another day!

Cheers,

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

The feeling that next week is a chance to start over has gotten me through several tough runs (or bagged runs). Good to call it when you were done, Leslie.

Tetsujin, "north" is all relative. Green Bay is farther north than where I went to school. I never ventured that way, instead going west to the Twin Cities and south to where my grandma was outside of LaCrosse.

Deez, another {{hug}} for you and your DH. This is a very tough time of year to lose a loved family member.

Holly, we're at about 3 hours and 42 minutes of daylight now. That's sun up to sun down. We have long "twilights" on either side where it's plenty light out to run without a headlamp which is what I did yesterday and today. Sundown today was 2:39, and I went out for my run just after that, getting back just before 4 pm and it was just starting to get dark enough I wished I had reflective stuff on (I didn't, oops). But I was just on our neighborhood roads so the footing was pretty good, traffic was almost non-existent and it was about 12-14° with pretty much no wind. Very nice.

We're just losing seconds of daylight the next couple days, then hold pretty steady, then slowly slowly start gaining. By Valentine's Day, it'll be noticeably light when we get off work at 5.

So... 7.1 hilly miles today, gets me to 99.9 for the month (really? should've run another .1 mile!) and I noticed I'm just over 2,410 for the year. I wonder if I can do 90 miles in the next 12 days?  

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Posie - unless he got washed out in the November floods, maybe the great one’s taking a more prolonged, and probably well-deserved Christmas break this year . Too bad for us though.
                      Mike - “Enjoy yourself; your younger days never come again.”
                      Mr. Igarashi to his 77-yo son on reaching the 12,000' summit of Mt. Fuji in July 1987, with me hot on their tails.

Tetsujin, "north" is all relative.X

Erika - kind of like “going East” to Spokane for Thankgiving with a roommate in college days, . . .or the “Champions of the West” fight song for a certain midwest university and another one even further away one being the “Huskies.” The “Champions-of-the-West” go back to 1817 when they really were but I’m not sure about Huskies in Connecticut but would sure like to know if there are any.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)