Masters Running

sunday 8/2 runs (Read 431 times)

Tramps

Peter—nice one in the H&H. Perch—Wow, amazing run at a great pace. You’re gonna kill this thing. You know those hills are high when Sportstrack adds that little icon guy. (Didn’t you notice him? Wink ) Dale—nice consistency on those 800s and 200s. (And thanks for the Ribs update.) Larry, Karin, Enke—nice long runs, too. Gordon—20 @ 8:08! Wow. Craig—19 @ 7:00-7:30 or less. Another wow! (Why GU? What is it that “works” for you? I’m curious, since I’m experimenting. Definitely felt better after my run today; I’m wondering if gels made a difference.) Twocat—you’re right, every day can’t be a PR day. Get ‘em next time. (BTW, every Sunday is national long run day!) Ilene—that looks like a travel ad; where do I sign up?! You two look great; happy anniversary. Paul—50 miles in temps that reached triple digits? Ouch, that sounds tough. Tammy—good luck with the heel thingy. Look forward to hearing more about Ribs.

Be safe. Be kind.

Happy Anniversary Ilene!!! Looks like you had a great trip... {{{{{{{RIBS}}}}}}}
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mariposai

Happy Anniversary to Ilene and Mr. Forward. You two look adorable!!!. Blessings and many more happy years together. I sure hope Mr. Ribs is behaving with them nurses. Had the best wild huckleberries pancake for lunch today cooked by son #1. Doing some much needed housecaring before I head out for a fun and relaxing run. Gordon, great 20 miler. Perch, you are crazy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Ilene! You and Fast are just adorable. Thanks for sharing and congratulations! Gordon and Craig have some smokin' fast long runs. Wow... Mine was more like Steve's, but not as hilly. Well, rolling hills but nothing real steep (except for mile 3 and mile 18, those were big). 20.2 miles at 8:21 avg pace which surprised me cuz I never felt like I was pushing the pace and reminded myself to slow down and relax a couple of times. Even took a couple of walk breaks (less than 2 mins total), so I'm happy enuf with the run. It sure was chilly though... 50F and breezy, my hands were so cold. Wore long sleeved shirt and shorts... should've added gloves. Bet most of you guys can't even imagine that for this time of year!! Hope 'Ribs has a good night and the Saint gets some rest too. MTA: Hi to Mariposai! Glad you got your 10 done! Huckleberry pancakes... yum. We had a barbecue to go to for DS1's soccer team. DH left earlier because he was taking our grill and had to set up/get ready, etc. We just went out to go and the battery is dead on the car. WTF?? So, now we're waiting for him to come get us. Rats.
            Great long run Erika...
            Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
            TheSaint

Thought I'd give you an update on Ribs. It's been a crazy few days, I spend most of my day at the hospital, come home late and too tired to post, sorry. Recovery is going well, a few setbacks, but nothing of major concern. He is still in ICU, with any luck that will change tomorrow. The chest tubes are still in and he will feel much better once they're pulled. He has developed pericarditis which is painful for him so they're working on getting that under control. Today they got him up walking and altogether today he did 7 laps around the unit. He was exhausted tonight and hopefully will sleep well.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

gracias update saintacina.
                today he did 7 laps around the unit.
                saintalina - please tell 'im to taper as he should be doing but somehow I'm not surprised he doesn't so I'll change my vow of support from I'll be sacrificing any midweek training runs and tapering until he can get running again to until he should be running again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ps - don't say that my only midweek run so far this year has been a token mile on my birthday back in May.Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)