Masters Running

40's+ on the run W/E 10/24/09 (Read 451 times)

A few of you are mentioning snow....I guess winter is on the way!  Beautiful snow pic, mtn.

Carol, for some good butt stretches, google "piriformis."  (I think I spelled that correctly)  Tough to diagnose, but regardless of the exact problem, these stretches are great for the butt.   A few years back I had a very painful bout of either piriformis or sciatica.  While nothing cured it except total rest (no running) for a couple months, I believe these stretches will help prevent a reoccurance.  I've heard it's not good to stretch an already inflamed area, so be careful.   Good luck with it and good luck with your tri!

Hey Ultra....good luck on your big races.

Jim, hopin' things dry out for you.  Good luck with gettting the corn in.  The bullriding instructor was David Berry.  He works as a stock contractor and was apparently a pretty good bullrider in his day.  BTW....what's Safeway Disease ?

Joe...I'm guessing you've been planning your race strategy.  Plans A, B and/or C, I'm sure will result in success .  It's very clear that you've prepared yourself well for this race.  Relax and let it all come to you.

Leslie....glad you're having a good time.  And you're getting your runs in as well.   That's awesome!

Hey Arla....enjoy the 5K

Mtn....good luck with the foot thing and WTG on the 10K.

Hey Stumpy...

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM