Masters Running

Monday 19 Sept (Read 31 times)

ok, I'll find out what tet has gotten himself into later........

=============

Pickles and I just got back from her Foot Ortho in Nashville,

nothing on X-Ray or MRI

ruled out about everything

but

suggested she get a pair of ''HOKA'' Running shoes Neutral Cushion (my suggestion which he agreed with)

has anyone ever tried these??

if so

what did you think??

http://www.hokaoneone.com/women/?source=msn_ppc_sl#prefn1=hokaStability&prefn2=hokaSurface&prefv1=neutral-max-cushion&prefv2=road

much appreciated,

I never heard of them

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Amy, are those the ones you ran in at Green Bay? I was thinking of trying those... my feet took a beating on the Green Bay concrete!

4.7 miles today, at what would normally be an easy pace but felt like somewhat of a struggle.

Lori, toenails are over-rated.

Sayhey! MM#130

Yes, E, I ran in Hokas, but I've also run in Sketchers and they are Really Cushioned.  Ask Stumps.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

snork!! 

well, i realize those aren't running shoes, but the rest is fairly accurate, isn't it?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yes, E, I ran in Hokas, but I've also run in Sketchers and they are Really Cushioned.  Ask Stumps.

I have a pair of Ultras and a pair of GoRun 3 that i've enjoyed since I've had them.  The GoRuns are the second that I had.  Did my Richmond marathon in them.  I got the Ultras to use for a trail race and have enjoyed them on pavement, too. I've got 450 miles on them and they still feel good.  I realize that that's a couple of months for a lot of you, but it's about a year and a half for me.  I would recommend them.  another good thing is that I have a Skethers outlet right nearby and they are about half regular brands.

When I first heard that Amy was wearing them, I did some looking at reviews.  Most started with a variation of "I can't believe I'm saying this, but these are nice shoes".  YMMV.

BTW, the Ultras are much more cushioned than the GoRuns.  those are much less structured.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi folks, just checking before I crash to see what I missed for "Talk like a pirate day". Apparently that got by everyone, even Tomwhite!

I am absolutely tuckered out. Ran 9 miles after work in super weather, sunny skies and temp at 75 with no wind! I put a Gatorade and water out at lunchtime. Slower than normal but I didn't want to go too fast and crash in the heat.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

Sorry...Having a hard time getting past a certain picture......... Goodness that dog looks well behaved!

Neat when karma strikes back.

Er......Tet...you do realize that I don't actually look like that, right?   

You look more life like.

Disappointing heavy rain after work. Monday  has been my early day. Tag has had a cough that we don't care for. It started a little on Saturday AM. He's been getting pampered. I'm very irritated that we don't get holiday pay for Adam West's birthday. 

SteveP

thanks guys//.................had to fireball it to knoxville last night, dd2 had appendicitis attack and we're here til she gets out of hospital and able to get around.............which will explain why i'm typing in straight lines on this damn laptop

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....