Masters Running

Warmer Monday............sorta (Read 29 times)

...at least the Mud Thawed Out.........

==========

40-min PoolRun, no belt, run in shallows, push against water

hopefully

the Mud will Evaporate and I can hit the Greenway tomorrow

..............good work-outs to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

yeah,

I never saw Mud Evaporate either.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

I ran 4 miles this morning then had a massage.  Not too long before my deductible resets to $2000 and all my relatively free trips to the chiropractor and massage therapist will probably end.

In theory I have 3 days of work left after today and then I am off until next year.  In reality I will probably working a little next week.

My 8-year granddaughter in Tallahassee is playing soccer.  Luckily she has a game in February on the weekend I was coming down for a visit (and to run the Tallahassee half marathon.)  I'm looking forward to seeing her out on the field. She just joined and has had 1 practice so far.

an amazing likeness

...at least the Mud Thawed Out.........

Up here, we call that "spring" or "April"...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Well the weather outside is ............. crazy!!  Below 0 with the wind on Friday, 6 inches of snow Saturday, 50 degrees for the Somerville Jingle Bell 5k Sunday, and 20 with biting wind today!!!

Spin class, glute/core strength, 3.3 outside miles today!! Vacation week for me, but might pick up a little OT if the needs fit into my wants!!

Happy Monday friends!!

denise

TammyinGP

Hi All!

I never did get a chance to run over the past week or so (maybe since a week ago this past Saturday?). We've been pretty occupied with our friends that were visiting us from Spain, but they left yesterday morning, so now it's on to Christmas prep!

I'm just working 3 more days this year also (thru Thursday) and then off until 1/3/17!   I have just one item (a gift card) to pick up tomorrow and then I'm all done shopping. and I'm not having Christmas at our house this year, so really don't have much meal planning to do either - just bring a couple easy things over to my parents on Christmas.

Looking ahead to my 2017 race calendar, I am supposedly running a HM in mid Feb and another in mid March, so I guess since I'm so on top of things as far as Christmas goes  , I can use my free time to start training. my long run is only up to about 6 miles right now.

Tammy

Thanks for starting today, TW -- really quiet in here.

Yesterday was one of our best family days ever. From the time my DS was a little kid until about when he went off to college, we had a tradition a week or two before Christmas when my DW would bake a batch of cut-out cookies using a recipe handed down from my German-Swiss grandmother. Then she'd mix up a half dozen or so small dishes with different colors of frosting and we'd sit around the kitchen table to ice and decorate them, all in our unique styles. But for the last 10 or more years, he wasn't home in time and had short stays, so we didn't make them at all.

Well, now with him living so close, he was glad to revive the tradition, and yesterday he spent most of the afternoon here and it was like old times, decorating cookies and talking about old Christmas memories. Overall, I am so glad to see him much more matured, with a good job that has a future, and enjoying his independent life. He even bought his own Christmas tree (artificial) for his apartment, then came over here and took some of his favorite ornaments from our collection to use on it. Going over to his apartment to see it, I was glad to see some things of ours already being passed on. For most of you, your kids have probably been like this for years (he's 31 now), but there were times in the past when we weren't sure we'd ever get here!

Ran 4 on the TM at home Saturday, then skipped out on a 5K yesterday (conditions were iffy and I heard they had a lot of issues with the course). Then I did another 4 TM miles at the gym this morning. Tomorrow I'll probably head over to the pool, which is even quieter than usual since the students are mostly long gone.

Have a good start to your week, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

TammyinGP

That actually made me teary Doug. I'm so glad you had a great day reviving some old traditions and reminiscing. That's special indeed!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

That actually made me teary Doug. I'm so glad you had a great day reviving some old traditions and reminiscing. That's special indeed!

Indeed!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Me too!  It's proof that there is hope!

I ran 6 miles after taking a couple days off.

Okay--that's all I've got.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm just working 3 more days this year also (thru Thursday) and then off until 1/3/17!  

I am so jealous!  I will probably work a lot over the Christmas weekend remotely because I am buried with my December and end-of-year deadlines at work.  So much for a holiday.  I am just hoping I can take the next weekend completely off and maybe even (gasp!) relax.

Swimming for me today, 50 lengths (25 laps), resting a few seconds at each end of the pool.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

Holly, I guess that is one plus to working criminal defense law. not many attorneys (or judges!) want to schedule trials for the last few weeks of december so work actually slows down a bit and that is when many of our attorneys take their vacations, so my work slows down also. Plus, I'm only having to use 4.5 vacation days but I'm out of the office for about 1.5 wks with the way court/office closures are scheduled.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

To be paid for 1 of the 6 recognized holidays at the company I work for, you have to work a certain number of hours prior to that holiday.  This is to discourage people from taking vacation days in conjunction with the holiday.  Yeah....it's such a fun place to work.

Mariposai

Thanks for starting today, TW -- really quiet in here.

Yesterday was one of our best family days ever. From the time my DS was a little kid until about when he went off to college, we had a tradition a week or two before Christmas when my DW would bake a batch of cut-out cookies using a recipe handed down from my German-Swiss grandmother. Then she'd mix up a half dozen or so small dishes with different colors of frosting and we'd sit around the kitchen table to ice and decorate them, all in our unique styles. But for the last 10 or more years, he wasn't home in time and had short stays, so we didn't make them at all.

Well, now with him living so close, he was glad to revive the tradition, and yesterday he spent most of the afternoon here and it was like old times, decorating cookies and talking about old Christmas memories. Overall, I am so glad to see him much more matured, with a good job that has a future, and enjoying his independent life. He even bought his own Christmas tree (artificial) for his apartment, then came over here and took some of his favorite ornaments from our collection to use on it. Going over to his apartment to see it, I was glad to see some things of ours already being passed on. For most of you, your kids have probably been like this for years (he's 31 now), but there were times in the past when we weren't sure we'd ever get here!

Ran 4 on the TM at home Saturday, then skipped out on a 5K yesterday (conditions were iffy and I heard they had a lot of issues with the course). Then I did another 4 TM miles at the gym this morning. Tomorrow I'll probably head over to the pool, which is even quieter than usual since the students are mostly long gone.

Have a good start to your week, everyone!

This make my heart so happy to read. What a sweet tradition.

I DID run today, hurrraahhh, 7 smile miles. I sure have been missing those smile miles.

Back to budgetting. Got to catch up before the board meeting tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

6.1 miles tonight at the end of the workday, felt good to get outside and at -2 I was dressed right and felt fine. Hands stayed nice and warm and that's half the battle on staying comfortable.